Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls 8:00pm 3/23/2016

If the Bulls come back from being down 20 I quit watching the rest of the season. Knicks showing pride and the Bulls come up empty in an important game for them fighting for a playoff spot.

Careful what you say. We are playing some pretty atrocious defense so far in the 4th quarter. Lead is only 12 with 5 minutes to go.

Porzingis back in the game and immediately comes up huge with back to back buckets, but we refuse to guard Mirotic for 3 and he has now hit 8 from deep. Lead is only 8 with less than 3 minutes to go.

tiger0330

Legend
Clutch bucket by Melo after they were trading 2s for 3s with the Bulls. Hits a 3 doing a step back to get separation and putting a lot more air under it then his normal 3 pt shot. Knicks 112-101 2:17 left.

Got a little sloppy, but we made a big defensive stop with KP forcing the turnover at the perimeter. Bulls essentially have conceded the game by taking almost the full shot clock to foul. Calderon makes the lead 9 with 22 seconds to go.

tiger0330

Legend
Good win and a great game by KP. Game ball to KP, back to NY tomorrow to face the Bulls again. Lets take care of business.

tiger0330

Legend
If Lebron wants to win a couple of more rings I would suggest he force a trade to the Warriors or the Spurs than play with his Band of Brothers of DWade, Melo and CP3.

tiger0330

Legend
This game gives Knicks fans some hope for next season. The big 3 of Melo, KP and Rolo looked solid and able to compete against the FC of anyone in the league. Lets get a couple of solid back court players this off-season and the Knicks may have a real team next year draft pick or no draft pick this year.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Barry and Breen talking about this that Hoiberg is too laid back not getting 125% from his players. I forgot that Butler said the same thing earlier in the season.

Yep and Chicago media took Jimmy to task about those statements but it was all true. The Bullies lack intensity especially on the defensive end without Thibbs yelling "ball pressure." Hoiberg is a pretty boy but lacks the experience to coach at this level. The Bulls have been down this same road with Tim Floyd but those who don't learn from history repeat it. Great win for our boys who shot the ball out of this world but we gotta be ready to take the bullies best shot tomm night. Still I loved the win and I can't wait to hear all the Bulls fans and media pissing and moaning on the radio tomorrow on Chief:)

mafra

Legend
Ah, that felt nice. Knocking CHI out of the eighth seed just an added bonus. Make no mistake, the only reason the lead got under double digits was basically the refs swallowed the whistle midway thru the fourth... It nearly got dangerous, as Pau actually two-handed shoved KP in the chest, as KP was leaving his feet for an alley oop. A blatant flagrant foul wasnt even whistled... However KP made two shots and Melo made a 3 (all while being fouled)... Now... If they miss those tough shots.... Well, we mightve blown it.

Anyway... Good all around game... Complete team effort really.

Most teams are tough to beat when they are raining threes tho... We shall see what happens tonight at MSG.

jimkcchief88

All Star
The refs swallowed the whistle the whole game for the Bullies who didnt commit a foul for the entire first quarter I believe. How often does that happen? Melo got beaten to death several times on drives and in the lane with no call as well. NBA officiating is as awful as it gets on chief

jimkcchief88

All Star
If the Bulls come back from being down 20 I quit watching the rest of the season. Knicks showing pride and the Bulls come up empty in an important game for them fighting for a playoff spot.

Wow when was the last time the words KNIcKs and Pride have been used in the same sentence? It's been a long while:)

Broadway

All Star
Meanwhile Chicago is getting this shoved back in their face...

gif-tom-thibodeau-laughing-34737.gif

Kiyaman

Legend
Barry and Breen talking about this that Hoiberg is too laid back not getting 125% from his players. I forgot that Butler said the same thing earlier in the season.

I wouldn't be surprise if the Chicago Bulls rehire Thibs in the offseason because the Bulls players refuse to make the playoffs

I missed last night game .. reading the Game-Thread feels as if i didn't .. unexpected Knicks WIN !!!
Thanx for the Game-Thread Rady