New Forum Skin - KO Classic

rady

Administrator
Staff member
These days i've been working to tweak a forum skin that i've installed a few months ago (you probably didn't even noticed because there wasn't any announcement) and unless you accidentally checked the theme selector, this is basically news for you.

So, as i said, new skin available to select and use, i called it KO Aftermath and it's based on Digitalvb.com's Morbid Blue.

It's still in beta mode, that means that it will still suffer changes and improvements but until the final touch, everyone is free to test it and feel it.

It basically resembles a bit with the classic themes we've had here several years ago, before upgrading to a newer software version, but cleaner. As you might have noticed there a few new post icons visible. I created a set of them for each NBA team so from now on when a new game thread is started it can have the logo of the opponent. That way game threads are much more easier to spot. I'm also considering changing the current ones soon to have them all in one standard size.

The fonts are also changed, i used the same ones we have for the homepage, IMO they are giving a fresh look and are very pleasant to read in terms of typography.

I also made a new set of forum icons and as time allows me i'll try to create a new set of thread icons as well.

Anyway, nuff said. Feel free to try it by selecting it from the bottom left drop down or simply click here to activate it.

Let me know how you like it and what do you think should change/improve. Any bugs that you find, leave a comment here. I'm still working on it so a final version won't be ready until the summer.

Woop-woop! :)

tiger0330

Legend
Definitely has a look akin to the KOL homepage, for the sake of uniformity I guess we should be going with the new look.

I see there are more team icons you can use when starting a new thread.

You ought to put up an icon for the tweet command unique to this site.

I wish I could embed .mp4 or other video formats directly instead of having to post them as an acceptable format such as Youtube.

Great work on the site Rady.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
There were some errors with the old style so i override it with the new one and renamed KO Classic.
I'll try to fix the bugs and get it back online for whoever still wants to use the old fixed width one!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Minor adjustments to the fonts sitewide and the forum headers. I kinda like this light blue but i'm not sure if i'll keep this Open Sans font or investigate further with the Adobe fonts as well