jonas_valanciunas.png
robin_lopez.png

demar_derozan.png
sasha_vujacic.png

kyle_lowry.png
jerian_grant.png

Injury Report

Toronto RaptorsNew York Knicks
Luis Scola - Rest (OUT)Jose Calderon - Bruised Right Quadriceps (DOUB)
Delon Wright - Left Hip Pointer (OUT)Kristaps Porzingis - Sore Right Shoulder (DOUB)
-Lance Thomas - Mild Strained Left MCL (OUT)
-Tony Wroten - Right Knee Rehabilitation (OUT)

Game Preview

Should they have to deal with an injury or choose to keep resting their regulars before the postseason, the Toronto Raptors might remain in good hands if their latest game was any indication.

Still holding a faint chance at the Eastern Conference's No. 1 seed, the Raptors will try to keep those hopes alive while breaking their single-season mark for road victories Sunday night against the New York Knicks.

Toronto (53-26) showed the strength of its roster while three usual starters and DeMarre Carroll sat out Friday against playoff-hopeful Indiana. The Raptors were led by Norman Powell, Delon Wright and Cory Joseph in a 111-98 victory.

"It just shows how deep we are when guys like Kyle (Lowry) and DeMar (DeRozan) and (Luis) Scola can take a game off and we have a big team win like that," said Powell, who scored a career-high 27 points. "It just shows how good and talented we are when we all play together and lock in."

It's unclear what lineup coach Dwane Casey will use Sunday with Toronto locked into one of the top two seeds in the East but still in contention for the top spot. The Raptors' chances were kept alive Saturday with Cleveland's 105-102 loss in Chicago.

They trail the Cavaliers by 2 1/2 games and hold the tiebreaker by going 2-1 in the season series.

The Raptors can remain in contention for at least another day by surpassing their 22 road wins from each of the past two seasons. They have come up short in their last two attempts to break that mark, falling to San Antonio and Atlanta.

Toronto, which has set a single-season mark for overall victories, won 122-95 in its only other trip to New York this season Feb. 22 and has taken two of three overall matchups.

It's unclear if the Raptors will have to face Knicks star rookie forward Kristaps Porzingis in this one. He's missed the past five games because of an ailing right shoulder.

Jose Calderon (quad) and Lance Thomas (knee) have also been out.

Although the Knicks have nothing to play for, Porzingis is hoping to return in one of the final two games and New York (32-48) will play its home finale Sunday.

"I want to come back, but it's not really in my hands," he said. "If I can recover and be 100 percent before the season is over, then I'll play."

Carmelo Anthony was dealing with a stomach illness during the Knicks' visit to Philadelphia on Friday and sat out the final 17-plus minutes. He still chipped in 20 points in a 109-102 victory while Robin Lopez had 24 points and 15 rebounds.

"I believed in my teammates that they were going to pull it out," Anthony said. "It felt good to sit in the fourth."

Lowry is averaging 24.1 points on 51.2 percent shooting and has connected at 47.7 percent from 3-point range in his last eight games against the Knicks.

(nba.com)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Playing out the string fan apathy at 200%:( is there anybody out there looks??? Looks like the boys showed up at least at the beginning it's a close score

tiger0330

Legend
GS beat SA 92-86 ending their 33 game losing streak in SA. There won't be an unbeaten team at home this season and GS ties the Bulls 72 game season record. Curry was a monster and the GS D contained everyone except LMA.

Good effort by the Knicks so far in our home finale of this dismal season. One last chance to show how a Rambis-led squad can't finish the deal?

You shouldn't make snap judgments based on one game, but Grant has seriously made me re-think his future with this team. He should be our starting PG day 1 next season. At least offensively, his ceiling looks to be very high. Clyde even compared Grant to himself tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
Surprised the Raps are playing their starters, Knicks are making a game of this 84-84 now after Grant gets to the rim for 2 and makes his FT.

Huge mental lapse on defense allows Toronto to score an easy 2 to extend the lead to 3 despite only having 0.9 seconds on an inbounds play. 33 seconds to go and Knicks ball.

Kiyaman

Legend
You shouldn't make snap judgments based on one game, but Grant has seriously made me re-think his future with this team. He should be our starting PG day 1 next season. At least offensively, his ceiling looks to be very high. Clyde even compared Grant to himself tonight.

Fisher should have started Grant a couple of games in November n December ..
Grant IQ is much much higher than KP whom Phil started all season

Exciting game but yet another pathetic close out to the 4th quarter clinches the loss. Tuesday night in Indiana we play to avoid the 50 loss season.

tiger0330

Legend
If the Raptors win out and Cavs lose out, Raptors get the 1 seed.
I was just thinking the Raps might have a chance to upset the Cavs for the EC title the way the Cavs have been playing. Hawks have been playing well also but I trust Lebron can pull the Cavs into the NBA finals.

Broadway

All Star
Fisher should have started Grant a couple of games in November n December ..
Grant IQ is much much higher than KP whom Phil started all season

He should have started Day 1 this season as I clearly stated when we traded for him. We've attempted to trade Calderon at least 3 times already since acquiring him. Calderon was never a long term solution and never played well enough to justify he absolutely had to be a starter. Grant should have logged several minutes with #kporzee...they are our future. Instead we played Calderon as if he seriously factored whether we had a shot to make the playoffs. LOL the lunatic-like operations so comical

We just threw away a whole rookie season from a player who'll turn 24 starting next yr. Just disgusting and wreckless on all levels, I really hate pretty much everything thing we do as a franchise. Brett Brown also spoke of Wroten as being Lebron Lite, which means he must have point guard instincts so how will he factor? Will we pursue someone in Free Agency?

Last edited: