2016 NBA Playoffs

tiger0330

Legend
First round of the playoffs start on Saturday Apr. 16. Below are the teams and the schedule for this weekend.

My favorite to win it all just like last year are the Warriors. The Spurs are the only team that may challenge and upset the Warriors but those last two losses at the end of the season show how hard it's going to be for the Spurs to beat them. Can't wait for the WC finals which should be the best series, I expect in the NBA finals the WC team will win in 5-6 games.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sat 4.16.jpg
    Sat 4.16.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_2016-04-14-08-27-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-14-08-27-04.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_2016-04-14-08-27-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-14-08-27-29.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Steezo

Benchwarmer
Eh, I've got San Antonio winning it all. Golden State didn't beat anybody last year, they're gonna have to prove me wrong and beat a legitimate team this year. Los Angeles and OKC will at least be able to put some wear on GS/SA's tires IF healthy. I'm expecting a huge playoffs from CP3 and Durant

tiger0330

Legend
Predictions

GS/HOU GS wins in a sweep
SA/MEM Spurs win in a sweep
OKC/DAL OKC wins in 5 games
LAC/POR Clips win in 6

CLE/DET CLE wins in 5
TOR/IND TOR wins in 5
MIA/CHA CHA wins in 7
ATL/BOS ATL wins in 6

Cool thread, Tiger.

Uh oh Raptors fans. After being just plain awful in the playoffs last year, Lowry goes 2 for 9 with 3 turnovers in the first half at home against Indiana today. Is Lowry campaigning to be the NBA's new number one regular season stud, playoff dud?

DeRozan with a bad first half too. Fortunately for Toronto, Valanciunas went for 8 points and 15 boards in the first half and they lead by 2 at the half.

I don't think Indiana can beat Toronto in a full series, but if Toronto struggles in the 1st round, forget any chance of making it past the 2nd round with how solid the other teams in the top 6 in the East are this year.

tiger0330

Legend
Valencunias with a monster game off the boards, 19 rbs in the middle of the 3rd and a couple of sequences where he didn't convert off of offensive rebounds and the Raps could be up by 7 pts. Raps should be worried with the game so close, I thought this was the year they could get that monkey off their back but they're struggling in the first game with their star DeRozan struggling.

Kiyaman

Legend
I am not counting out Toronto Raptors in the EC Finals or in the FINALS.
Raptors Head-Coach Dwane Casey will show some strategic post-season moves after sleeping many nights after getting SWEPT in the first-round last year by the Wizards.

Paul George is no joke in the 2nd half of a game, scoring 16 pts in the 3rd qtr. making the first playoff game interesting.
We must not forget Derozan is a FA in the offseason, expect an elite performance from Derozan in the postseason games.

tiger0330

Legend
I am not counting out Toronto Raptors in the EC Finals or in the FINALS.
Raptors Head-Coach Dwane Casey will show some strategic post-season moves after sleeping many nights after getting SWEPT in the first-round last year by the Wizards.

Paul George is no joke in the 2nd half of a game, scoring 16 pts in the 3rd qtr. making the first playoff game interesting.
We must not forget Derozan is a FA in the offseason, expect an elite performance from Derozan in the postseason games.
Phil needs to make a run at DeRozan for sure but PG has him locked up defensively. DeRozan back in at the 6:40 mark in the 4th, he needs to come through with that elite performance you're talking about.

Broadway

All Star
Paul George confirming why we lost to the Pacers 3yrs ago and why he's a better player than Melo. This guy came back from a broken leg not a torn labrum or a balky knee. Still incredible and amazing thinking about this and how well he's playing now. Paul George really has no glaring holes in his game.

tiger0330

Legend
PG dominating the 4th like he did the 3rd, pullup jumpers, a three and passing the ball to Turner for easy buckets. Pacers have their biggest lead of the game.

tiger0330

Legend
There goes the TOR home court advantage. You work so hard to get the 2 seed for the 2nd most favorable position in the playoffs and home court and you get this.

Broadway

All Star
And every game won by the Pacers especially with Paul Geroge leading and getting players involved is invaluable. Such as the case with Myles Turner. This is why there is so much pressure on younger talent in this league to be good enough to win. Turner is getting ahead on experience not so much on talent although his talent isn't really behind anyone's, with large gaps at the moment. Really big win for Pacers and horrible loss for the Raptors. The Raptors have to get past the first round chokage of postseason play

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Steph went back to the locker room with a tweaked ankle. Didn't look too serious, he walked back without a noticeable limp but I would keep him out the second half with the lead the Warriors have.

tiger0330

Legend
Steph attempted to come back but went back to the locker room early in the 3rd. I think he's done for today, the Warriors have enough to go deep in the playoffs without him but he's the straw that stirs the Warriors drink.

tiger0330

Legend
The dominant NBA team dominated in a wire to wire 104-78 win without their best player for 1/2 the game. Warriors did it at both ends holding Harden to 17 pts and no FTs.

Steezo

Benchwarmer
Paul George confirming why we lost to the Pacers 3yrs ago and why he's a better player than Melo. This guy came back from a broken leg not a torn labrum or a balky knee. Still incredible and amazing thinking about this and how well he's playing now. Paul George really has no glaring holes in his game.

PG-13's going to the HOF?

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiaah vs Teague = Hawks series .. Give Boston props for building a WINNING Role-Player 10 man rotation from the draft n trades ...PLUS this offseason Boston has the CHIPS to build a Dynasty.

This is the second season Westbrook has proven he is the best all-around PG in the NBA .. Dallas has 4 veteran PG to throw-on Westbrook throughout a series, plus coach Carlyle has always been a top strategic postseason coach, after losing several veterans Tyson/Ellis/Carter and D.Andre in the offseason i did not expect to see the Mavs in the postseason games (to soft on defense)
OKC outscored Dallas in the first qtr. 26-11
WOW! the game announcers are actually blaming the REFFs for OKC 59-36 lead at halftime SMH

Originally Posted by Broadway

I would take one Paul George OVER three ISO-Melos anyday of the week.
l

Kiyaman

Legend
The dominant NBA team dominated in a wire to wire 104-78 win without their best player for 1/2 the game. Warriors did it at both ends holding Harden to 17 pts and no FTs.

The way the Rockets let Harden run the team the past two seasons the GS Warriors should have beat the Rockets by 46 instead of 26 in the the first game of series.
The Warriors has a young quick athletic n creative roster of winning players running three-systems perfectly.
The Warriors are still running coach Mark Jackson defense system, plus coach Gentry SSOL system, plus coach Kerr halfcourt offense system.