Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran

Default Derrick Rose to the KNIcKs????

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...g-derrick-rose

So PJAx finally admits we need a top tier PG. Hornecek must have got in PJAx ear. DRose needs a change of scenery as everyone here in the CHI hates DRose because he ain't Jordan. I would rather have a former MVP bringing he ball up than Jose Calderone, Sasha, Galloway, or Grant. Get it done PJAx on Chief

D rose get his MVP status from the very dangerous style of play which allows him to get to the rim at any time, but the same style is what is causing him to be fragile, unreliable and constantly injured.....
    so you don't want a guard who plays few games and rest 2 months......

Veteran

rose will make 21m for the final year of his contract. so what equal value do the bulls take back from us???

Veteran

Knicks pursue Rose in free agency after his contract expires? Sure seems reasonable. Knicks trade for Rose in this final year of his contract? How? With what assets? To what end?

As previously said, whoever gets Derrick Rose next is tying their future to a star PG who has already started thinking about his post-playing days at age 27. You sign him to a max deal and you are looking at a potential even worse situation than what we had with Stat's contract.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    rose will make 21m for the final year of his contract. so what equal value do the bulls take back from us???
    With the cap going up we could absorb his contract in a trade without trading contracts that match his salary providing AA or DWill opt out or we stretch Calderon. Any of those moves would get us over 21M in cap space, trading for Rose for nothing would be no different than signing Conley for 21M cap wise. Cap space won't be the problem but I doubt the Bulls trade Rose for say Galloway and a future 1st rd. pick or for Calderon in a pure salary dump, from the Knicks perspective Rose would be a one yr rental which might not be a bad thing.

He'll make the Knicks backcourt better and he'll probably have a great year because he's playing for a contract but his injury history, poor 3 pt shooting, avg defense make me wary about signing him for the long term.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    With the cap going up we could absorb his contract in a trade without trading contracts that match his salary providing AA or DWill opt out or we stretch Calderon. .
    ahh..there is the kicker... never say never, but who in their rite mind is going to give a-swallow more $$$ or less $$$ for more years then the 8m he is due ??... this guy BLOWS.. (in caps tooo)... I still fear that last years team will be next years team (give or take 1-2 $hitty players)...

Veteran

I've watched DRose change his game. He is not as "frenetic" a player, but he can still get to the rim with the best and is an underrated defender. And DRose is a city kid so the bright lights and media won't bother him. Chicago media has roasted thier own boy from Englewood like no other. A change of senery is due and NYC is the place. And I love the fact it seems Phil has finally seen the light. We need a real PG Phil.

I love Derrick Rose and want him on the Knicks. I get why injuries would make a lot of people weary, but man, he's Derrick Rose, and only 27.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

12th man

Both DWill and AA opted out. Knicks have plenty of cap space if the Bulls want to do a salary dump and trade DRose, highly unlikely with only a yr remaining on his contract they would do that. They'll be looking for draft picks and players if they decide to trade him. I don't see any assets we have that they would be interested in other than Melo or KP for DRose.

Veteran

One of my coworkers told me we just got DRose anybody know anything?

The Bulls are sending Derrick Rose, Justin Holiday and a 2017 second-round pick for Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant and Jose Calderon.
    Wow. The Bulls will be set for rebuilding mode and Rose gets a fresh start. He was one of the worst high-volume players in the NBA last year. Rose was relatively healthy last year, playing in 66 games and not missing more than three consecutive games. He likely won't have the ball in his hands as much with Carmelo Anthony around, so Rose likely won't be a big factor on the stat sheet. He's only a late-round flier in standard leagues.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    What an awful trade...we always starfudge. Like always like every chance we get we look to pack a star up the bunghole. I seriously hate this organization. Nothing has changed

Losing Grant and Lopez hurts... Future of JG for 1 year iof Rose... But now Jax has MSG & Manhattan along with Melo, Porzingis, Rose, Hornachek to sell to free agents, along with 20-35 million...

deRozan and Horford? Durant? Things could turn around quickly if the right moves are made. Eric Gordon and Gasol?

I like Melo & KP at 4-5 spots tho

Veteran

The only thing good about the trade is the 2017 draft pick