Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    12th man

The blockbuster deal of the off-season. The guy has never been an all-star, never led the league in scoring.

Well now we know unless Conley secretly loves the Knicks he wasn't going to sign with us.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    The blockbuster deal of the off-season. The guy has never been an all-star, never led the league in scoring.

Said all along they were going to resign and we had no shot. Quoted their GM directly mos before free agency stating they would follow through on their plan. Good for Conley way overpaid but I'm not mad. He was a bargain for at least half the time of his last deal which was 5yrs $45mil.

Veteran

Delly got 4yr $38mil from Bucks(this is an offer sheet)

Jefferson got 3yrs $30mil from Pacers

Jeff Breen got 1yr $15mil from Magic

Howard got 3yrs $70mil from Hawks

Solomon Hill got 4yrs $52mil from Pelicans

Clarkson got 4yrs $50mil from Lakers

Etwan Moore 4yrs $34mil from Pelicans

Batum got 5yrs $120mil from Hornets
    Last edited by Broadway; Jul 01, 2016 at 22:17.

Veteran

Eric Gordon is deciding to sign with us or Grizzlies by tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Again depending on his contract it's a concern, but damn that starting five for us would be intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post

I said in the "D Rose gets traded to Knicks" thread that Conley will prove to be the most over paid free signed this off season, while Mozgov and Evans are a close 2nd, Conley is making money per year that only Jordan and Kobe ever saw!

Honestly the way these guys are getting paid today, its really making me like the NBA a little less. I mean, I am all for players receiving their due, but, there are contracts that are just simply unjustifiable, and its going to effect the game before long.

My hope is that if enough of these guys do not play to the level of compensation, and teams do not approach with this wreck less approach again.

Look us paying a 31 year old Noah 18 million per is a bit absurd, but its actually mild to what has happened today.

Help me understand this, If I hit the lotto tomorrow, I would have more money to spend, but does it mean I'm going to spend 85k on a Honda Civic! My point is, the increased salary cap, shouldn't have equated to increased player value! Lebron, KD, Steph, and Westbrook, are players that should get whatever the max salary is, but not everyone in the NBA deserves a pay raise!

I get why Silver wanted to slowly increase the cap, versus an explosion, because this is bad for business. SMH
    "I'd Rather Melo shoot with 3 men on him than Jefferies shotting wide open"

-Jeff Van Gundy

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. Let's not forget about Conley's injury history.

I'd be happy making the rookie minimum.

Roto world reporting D Wade in contract talks with Knicks and Bucks

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Roto world reporting D Wade in contract talks with Knicks and Bucks

Bucks were the other team, this is a soft threat by Wade he's still vacationing...he's basically telling Riley hurry up and get me paid before the waters dry up. If he wants $20mil+ we're not in his picture. Wade and Riley always playing games with each other.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by New New York View Post
    I said in the "D Rose gets traded to Knicks" thread that Conley will prove to be the most over paid free signed this off season, while Mozgov and Evans are a close 2nd, Conley is making money per year that only Jordan and Kobe ever saw!

Honestly the way these guys are getting paid today, its really making me like the NBA a little less. I mean, I am all for players receiving their due, but, there are contracts that are just simply unjustifiable, and its going to effect the game before long.

My hope is that if enough of these guys do not play to the level of compensation, and teams do not approach with this wreck less approach again.

Look us paying a 31 year old Noah 18 million per is a bit absurd, but its actually mild to what has happened today.

Help me understand this, If I hit the lotto tomorrow, I would have more money to spend, but does it mean I'm going to spend 85k on a Honda Civic! My point is, the increased salary cap, shouldn't have equated to increased player value! Lebron, KD, Steph, and Westbrook, are players that should get whatever the max salary is, but not everyone in the NBA deserves a pay raise!

I get why Silver wanted to slowly increase the cap, versus an explosion, because this is bad for business. SMH

Parsons deal was pretty disgusting of all the contracts thus far. At least Conley is a major reason the Grizzlies are relevant and have been a threat. Parsons got a $100mil deal

Bucks were the other team, this is a soft threat by Wade he's still vacationing...he's basically telling Riley hurry up and get me paid before the waters dry up. If he wants $20mil+ we're not in his picture. Wade and Riley always playing games with each other.
    Yeah I don't get it. Unless Riley/Wade is trying to do something such as making the Knicks and Bucks wait and miss out on another player Riley wants to sign along with Wade, I don't get the game here. Maybe Wade feels the Bucks and Knicks are more enticing from a basketball stand-point at the moment and New York could get him a lot of money outside of his NBA contract with them (don't know if it'd be better even with taxes).

12th man

Grizz signed Parsons to a 94M deal. Why would they want EG? I'd say the odds favor the Knicks in signing EG.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RunningJumper View Post
    Yeah I don't get it. Unless Riley/Wade is trying to do something such as making the Knicks and Bucks wait and miss out on another player Riley wants to sign along with Wade, I don't get the game here. Maybe Wade feels the Bucks and Knicks are more enticing from a basketball stand-point at the moment and New York could get him a lot of money outside of his NBA contract with them (don't know if it'd be better even with taxes).

No it's another offseason of Riley and Wade *****footing and temper tantruming with each other. There's nothing to see here.

Frank Isola@FisolaNYDN 4m4 minutes ago
    It is being reported by @ESPNSteinLine that the Knicks have made a four-year offer to Courtney Lee. So about Dwyane Wade.....

Phil was like, "yeah, sure Wade has interest in the Bucks"