New York Knicks Summer League 2016

tiger0330

Legend
Not excited about this Summer League. They're not playing in Vegas and that Orlando venue looks like a HS gym setting and not an arena. Also other than Cle Early there are no players of note because we didn't have a draft pick. Wouldn't surprise me if the Knicks team lost every game this summer.

tiger0330

Legend
What I expected. If Cle gets back, they'll have an NBA tested player and Summers of the Westchester Knicks can play but outside of those 2 there's not much talent there. Ron Baker supposedly can play but he sure didn't show it today.

Wow, our Summer league team is hot garbage.

Well, last year, our Summer league team was great and our real team was terrible, maybe this is a good sign for our real team this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow, our Summer league team is hot garbage.

Well, last year, our Summer league team was great and our real team was terrible, maybe this is a good sign for our real team this season.

The Knicks summer league team is a JOKE JOKE JOKE!!!

We dont have any future young players .. We gave away Grant who would have been the best offense/defense backup for a injury-prone Rose .. we are gonna sign a great big-man Noah who leadership potential will be aimed at help tutoring our low IQ project Porzingis .. KP poor rookie performance hiding his punk ash on the perimeter all season need to be on the court in the summer league games, not sitting next to the coach Horn like he know how to be a 7 foot player .. We should have drafted Winslow instead of KP.

tiger0330

Legend

We dont have any future young players .. We gave away Grant who would have been the best offense/defense backup for a injury-prone Rose .. we are gonna sign a great big-man Noah who leadership potential will be aimed at help tutoring our low IQ project Porzingis .. KP poor rookie performance hiding his punk ash on the perimeter all season need to be on the court in the summer league games, not sitting next to the coach Horn like he know how to be a 7 foot player .. We should have drafted Winslow instead of KP.
PJ can forget about getting a bench player for the Knicks from this bunch. With the cap or lack of it to sign anything substantitive when FA ends, PJ is going to have to bring in guys that will play for the minimum like Sasha, Jimmer, Ante. Knicks need a break in bringing back DWill and LT.

New New York

Quiet Storm

We dont have any future young players .. We gave away Grant KP.

We had a Summer League team 2 years ago lead by THJ and Chris Smith and Toure Murray that nearly went undefeated, what did that translate into!?
The year we won 50 games when Woody was coaching our Summer League team was equally horrible!!

If you don't have a draft pick, typically your Summer League sucks!

It's Summer League, Tim Duncan got dominated by Greg Ostretag his first Summer League!

Broadway

All Star
NBA Summer League 2016

Our Ron Baker has had a couple good games(kid can shoot) along with a couple others. Randle the kid I was most interested in may break through in the same manner Galloway did. We'll see...but boy the talent coming into this league is for real.

Kris Dunn is an absolute beast, he was the player I wish we truly had a shot at drafting had we a pick(we needed a future franchise caliber point guard to grow with #kporzee). He's going to be phenomenal John Wall/Westbrook rolled into 1 player. Bulls probably got a steal because one could easily argue he could've gone #1. That's how good he is. Talked about him several mos before the drat took place.

There are others showing their skillset like obviously Simmons... if he puts it all together, we're talking Magic/Scottie/Lebron type of talent rolled into 1 player.

Murray/Heild/Valentine are showing why teams were extremely high on them but the ultimate X factor when careers are said and done is...

THON MAKER...like it's really mind blowing how good he is. I see instant impact on both sides of floor day 1. Fellas try and find ways to watch Bucks games this yr, you're guaranteed to be mind blown. I give it two yrs until he's household if not sooner. I believe he will actually be the best player from this draft.

You have players from last yr's draft getting busy too. Namely Devin Booker. Real Talk he may end up being in the Klay and Curry camp of shooters. He has a legit chance, he's that good with his shot.

tiger0330

Legend
D'Angelo Russell looked good, I could see a trade of Westbrook for him. OKC gets something for RW and he gets to head home. RW refusing OKC an extension after Harden took one tells me he's not likely coming back to OKC.

Broadway

All Star
D'Angelo Russell looked good, I could see a trade of Westbrook for him. OKC gets something for RW and he gets to head home. RW refusing OKC an extension after Harden took one tells me he's not likely coming back to OKC.

D-Snitch looked okay first game shaky the next although he had a game winner and numbers. Funny thing with him he cursed live on air about his 2nd game perforance and J.A. Adande was like Come On Son...we're live on air you can't do that. Mudiay had a fairly decent 1st and only game, he and Dunn were going at it.

As far as Harden and Westbrook 2 different situations. Harden had 2 more yrs left on his deal WB only this season. Harden still maximized his earnings. He got 4yrs $118mil that's roughly $30mil/yr he wasn't going to be too much more worth than this in 2yrs. It still doesn't help OKC's situation but not much they can do with WB but hope for the best. I think he'll stay if they can be competitive and he wins MVP.

mafra

Legend
Dunn-Wiggins-KAT... With Thibbs and Rubia and the dunk maestro... They're a team on the rise.

This is the organic way... Probably the best and only way to truly build a winner.

You have to be luck... in the sense that you are a lottery team on a year where there's franchise talent to draft... Ping pong balls go your way and you choose wisely.

Like OKC did... You have a 1 or 2 pick... Get it right... Have a luck in the 3-6 range... Get it right... Then get a third lottery pick (or trade for a star with existing assets)... Boom... Once you have 3 "stars" in place, preferably a G-F-big mix... Your franchise can fill in the rest.

Rolling with Melo and the Bulls boys... We are probably forfeiting this route with KP... At least stalling it for 1 year.

I hope... If things aren't working out by Feb... We trade Melo.

I hope it does work out... Rose and Noah have 3 very good years in them... Then, to me, this would be worth it.

I just wonder what Phil would've done had we had our 1st this war (if EG didn't give that away for Bargs).

Broadway

All Star
Dunn-Wiggins-KAT... With Thibbs and Rubia and the dunk maestro... They're a team on the rise.

This is the organic way... Probably the best and only way to truly build a winner.

You have to be luck... in the sense that you are a lottery team on a year where there's franchise talent to draft... Ping pong balls go your way and you choose wisely.

Like OKC did... You have a 1 or 2 pick... Get it right... Have a luck in the 3-6 range... Get it right... Then get a third lottery pick (or trade for a star with existing assets)... Boom... Once you have 3 "stars" in place, preferably a G-F-big mix... Your franchise can fill in the rest.

Rolling with Melo and the Bulls boys... We are probably forfeiting this route with KP... At least stalling it for 1 year.

It's really the only way I'm going to support going forward and have been really for about the past 4-5yrs. I don't want cheap thrill seasons here and there, it's garbage. Yes the Wolves are going to be a major problem.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Patrick McCaw from the Golden State Warriors is good, didn't know much about him what a find for a 2nd round pick. Jamal Murray is really good, he can do lots of things at either guard position Denver definitely made a solid pick.

tiger0330

Legend
Patrick McCaw from the Golden State Warriors is good, didn't know much about him what a find for a 2nd round pick.Jamal Murray is really good, he can do lots of things at either guard position Denver definitely made a solid pick.
Have to credit that Warriors organization for getting this kid, 38th pick by MIL and the Warriors got him for cash. I heard Kerr say he might be able to get minutes as a rookie and if he can fill Barbosa's shoes he's a steal for cash.

Kiyaman

Legend

I hope... If things aren't working out by Feb... We trade Melo.

I hope it does work out... Rose and Noah have 3 very good years in them... Then, to me, this would be worth it.

I just wonder what Phil would've done had we had our 1st this war (if EG didn't give that away for Bargs).

Phil came to New York for us Knicks fans to watch Phil make the Cleveland Cavs a FINALS contender, and now the Chicago Bulls a Final contender .. Phil Jackson trading are reminding me of Isiah Thomas trading to make the next team winners.
Rookie Jerian Grant talent and athleticism were the Knicks best rookie in the 2015-16 season .. Robin Lopez all around big man talent were the Knicks best big man in the Post in the 2015-16 season.

We became a 32 win season team because our coaches were FOOLS when we watch every game to see Calderon/Afflalo/ and KP receive more minute of playing time per games then Robin Lopez and Jerian Grant.
The addition of Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant, Rondo, and D.Wade makes the Chicago Bulls 10 times better than what Phil put together this offseason.

Broadway

All Star
Phil came to New York for us Knicks fans to watch Phil make the Cleveland Cavs a FINALS contender, and now the Chicago Bulls a Final contender .. Phil Jackson trading are reminding me of Isiah Thomas trading to make the next team winners.
Rookie Jerian Grant talent and athleticism were the Knicks best rookie in the 2015-16 season .. Robin Lopez all around big man talent were the Knicks best big man in the Post in the 2015-16 season.

We became a 32 win season team because our coaches were FOOLS when we watch every game to see Calderon/Afflalo/ and KP receive more minute of playing time per games then Robin Lopez and Jerian Grant.
The addition of Robin Lopez, Jerian Grant, Rondo, and D.Wade makes the Chicago Bulls 10 times better than what Phil put together this offseason.

Well tonight he won SL MVP in the championship game. Bulls went undefeated throughout as he manned the point position. Overall he was solid.

Well tonight he won SL MVP in the championship game. Bulls went undefeated throughout as he manned the point position. Overall he was solid.

Jerian Grant had a huge Summer League championship game. In the 6 Summer League games prior to the championship game, he shot 31% from the floor. That's not very good.

tiger0330

Legend
Jerian Grant had a huge Summer League championship game. In the 6 Summer League games prior to the championship game, he shot 31% from the floor. That's not very good.
31% is horrendous esp for a guy who attacks the basket as much as he does. 4 year college player that can't shoot which makes you wonder if he hasn't learned to shoot by now whether he ever will.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Jerian Grant - Summer League MVP

Really happy for him and sad to see him perform for another team, i hope he'll have a better role with the Bulls than what he had back in New York

(later edit, just saw this was already discussed in this thread)

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

As the floor General in those 6 undefeated games Jerian Grant 31% shooting were a non-factor when compared to the team very low turn-over ratio, controlling the tempo, plus Grant raised his team IQ each game to where his teammates made him the go to guy in the final championship game.

The reason i say and believe Jerian Grant were our best rookie last season because it were the truth .. Grant's talent as a guard are focus on team Winning-Basketball games .. that's the type of talent Jerian Grant received from his father and uncle, whom forced Grant to do 4 years in college.

KP .. Porzingis has talent, what KP don't have are the fundamental team talent on what to do to win a game.
Grant average 16 minute per game last season, while KP average 28 minute per game last season.
Grant skills made his teammates performance in the 2nd unit better than our starting unit.
KP skills were individual performance, KP passing-skills after grabbing a defensive-rebound need lots of work, hopefully Noah will teach KP how important that skill is in the NBA.