Knicks Resign Lance Thomas

Ian Begley@IanBegley 12m12 minutes ago Lance Thomas has agreed to a multi-year deal with the Knicks worth $6 million annually, sources say. Exact years unclear at this point.

The Knicks will likely use Early Bird Rights to sign Thomas, sources say, so they can still use existing cap space to sign other players.

tiger0330

Legend
Great work signing Lance. I haven't tallied the numbers but I suspect renouncing Gallo and Lance's signing are linked, perhaps to keep the room MLE intact and to still have 2.7M to sign another FA. I was skeptical that PJ could do what he's done which is build a bench w/o a lot to work with. Caught a break with Lance since after Solomon Hills signing many thought LT was worth 10M.

mafra

Legend
Great signing!!! Phew... He was a big part of our 21-21 start... A scoring presence for the second unit, can hit a 3 and guard multiple slots...

The starting 5 looks good... Toss in BJ & LT... We have a 7-man rotation. If we can get more consistency from KOQ... If Holiday can knock down shots and Willy H can bang in the paint... We have 10 guys.

Now... We need to add another G and another big.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I've liked the moves so far this off season, but this is my favorite! This was big!

Lance taking less money to stay with the team that gave him a shot...High character, hard worker!

Good find by Phil to snag him from OKC and good job keeping him the past two off seasons!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This is a great signing. A big turnaround from our backcourt last season.

Any chance we could get Derrick Williams?

Kiyaman

Legend
Great resigning .. with Gallo gone, Lance Thomas is the best option at guard to pair with Jennings off the bench