Should we give Lance Stephenson a shot to be a Knicks for vet min

Kiyaman

Legend
I think we should go all out at giving Lance Stephenson a shot at redeeming his pro career in MSG with the 15th spot on the roster.
I believe getting Lance Stephenson to sign a one year contract at the veteran minimum would keep players Courtney Lee, Lance Thomas, and Ndour playing at their top-notch talent to keep their minutes from decreasing .. 2nd unit lineup .. Jenning/Stephenson/Thomas/Quinn/Hern .. could give the starters plenty rest.

History ...
Lance Stephenson signed his first free agency deal with the Charlotte Hornets two years ago, and immediately struggled mightily for both results and fit. He was very soon dealt to the L.A. Clippers as a blatant reclamation project, and yet was absolutely not reclaimed there in any way, managing only a few months before being dealt once more at the past trade deadline along with a first round pick in exchange for Jeff Green. The big struggles Lance had in Charlotte and the bigger struggles on the bigger stage that is the current Clippers team overshadow the fact that he actually played extremely well in his three months with the Grizzlies – the more powerful narrative is that since leaving Indiana, Stephenson has been exposed as a system player, and that system has gone now.
What u think?
Im still wondering why Phil Jackson move so fast to give guaranteed money to Plumlee, Baker, and Sasha?

You don't have much to lose with giving a vet minimum deal, but Stephenson has been almost garbage outside of that prior Pacers system and he causes more than his share of 'personality' issues. For a guy like PJ who values 'chemistry' so much, I doubt Stephenson even exists in his mind.

tiger0330

Legend
You don't have much to lose with giving a vet minimum deal, but Stephenson has been almost garbage outside of that prior Pacers system and he causes more than his share of 'personality' issues. For a guy like PJ who values 'chemistry' so much, I doubt Stephenson even exists in his mind.
The guy is a head scratcher to me, you have a team like the Nets who have throwing around money trying to get a SG and no rumor at all about them trying to get the the Brooklyn born Stephenson.

Must want more than the minimum as to why he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Nets are a better fit for him then the Knicks but I'd pick him up in a heart beat for the minimum.

Kiyaman

Legend

Lance Stephenson is a natural NBA SG .. in Charlotte and in LA both teams force Lance to play around the ball at the SF position .. when Lance 4 years with the Pacers he build up a point-forward talent at the SG position. Which mean Lance want to be in a system where he touch the ball every other time on offense. That was not gonna happen in Charlotte or LA where both teams has 6 guards on the roster already.

Kiyaman

Legend
The guy is a head scratcher to me, you have a team like the Nets who have throwing around money trying to get a SG and no rumor at all about them trying to get the the Brooklyn born Stephenson.

Must want more than the minimum as to why he hasn't signed anywhere yet. Nets are a better fit for him then the Knicks but I'd pick him up in a heart beat for the minimum.

The Knicks are a better fit for Lance Stephenson than the Nets .. I would rather have Lance Stephenson energy-hustle backing-up SG-Lee than Sasha.
Last season, Lance Thomas were our best SG on the roster that our (upstair) coaches made play at the SF position to give us another LOSING season. The Triangle-offense gave us Knicks fans a 17 win season, then a 32 win season from clueless-coaching n foolish-substitution line-ups throughout the season.

When a NBA FA talent/performance are worth above $5M per .. his agent thinks twice about signing his client to certain NBA teams .. Philly, Brooklyn, Knicks, Lakers, and Suns.
The Brooklyn Nets organization past seven-season moves and transactions are what u would call a losing-management organization with NO knowledge of building a .500 win teamin the NBA.
The Brooklyn Nets desperation to be LOSERS had very good success the past decade.
The Nets never showing any effort to get their center Brook Lopez any bigmen help in the paint show a losing-management. The Nets management never comparing the talent/performance of Deron Williams vs Shaun Livingston at the point in their 2013-14 rotation .. lost a great cheap PG Livingston in 2014 offseason FA market, plus the Nets lost a great team head coach in Jason Kidd that offseason.
I would understand Lance Stephenson not wanting to sign with the Nets for anything under $7M per. its safer to play over-seas for $2M per.

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks are a better fit for Lance Stephenson than the Nets .. I would rather have Lance Stephenson energy-hustle backing-up SG-Lee than Sasha.
Last season, Lance Thomas were our best SG on the roster that our (upstair) coaches made play at the SF position to give us another LOSING season. The Triangle-offense gave us Knicks fans a 17 win season, then a 32 win season from clueless-coaching n foolish-substitution line-ups throughout the season.

When a NBA FA talent/performance are worth above $5M per .. his agent thinks twice about signing his client to certain NBA teams .. Philly, Brooklyn, Knicks, Lakers, and Suns.
The Brooklyn Nets organization past seven-season moves and transactions are what u would call a losing-management organization with NO knowledge of building a .500 win teamin the NBA.
The Brooklyn Nets desperation to be LOSERS had very good success the past decade.
The Nets never showing any effort to get their center Brook Lopez any bigmen help in the paint show a losing-management. The Nets management never comparing the talent/performance of Deron Williams vs Shaun Livingston at the point in their 2013-14 rotation .. lost a great cheap PG Livingston in 2014 offseason FA market, plus the Nets lost a great team head coach in Jason Kidd that offseason.
I would understand Lance Stephenson not wanting to sign with the Nets for anything under $7M per. its safer to play over-seas for $2M per.
Nets have 16M in cap space left so they can pay Lance more than the Knicks can give him plus he could have a bigger role on the Nets so I don't see why you think the Knicks are a better fit for Lance.

I know you're not one of those that think the Knicks are going to win anything so there goes Lance should come to the Knicks to win a ring, so why are the Knicks a better fit for him again?

Still scratching my head on the lack of interest for him, he played well for Memphis his last 30 or so games but the only team I've seen that has shown interest are the Clips for the vet's minimum.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Nets have 16M in cap space left so they can pay Lance more than the Knicks can give him plus he could have a bigger role on the Nets so I don't see why you think the Knicks are a better fit for Lance.

I know you're not one of those that think the Knicks are going to win anything so there goes Lance should come to the Knicks to win a ring, so why are the Knicks a better fit for him again?

Still scratching my head on the lack of interest for him, he played well for Memphis his last 30 or so games but the only team I've seen that has shown interest are the Clips for the vet's minimum.

No denying The Nets can pay him more, but in terms of a fit, The Knicks are better for him. As constructed I don't think The Knicks will go all that far, if we add Lance Thomas, I'm singing a different tune!

two-way player who can play SG/SF and a little PG (valuable commodity for us). He, Jennings and Thomas gives us some nice scoring off the bench!

With The Nets he becomes a mentor and leader to their young core (let that resonate!) but yes they can pay him almost literally 10x what we can, so I think he'll give us real consideration...but the money is too good elsewhere (The Lakers are in pursuit and have the cap)

Maybe be next off season?

Kiyaman

Legend

You are right, the Nets could pay Lance Stephenson more because the Nets need him for a bigger-role that Lance may not be able to for fill from bad rap with reffs plus being on a screwed-up mismanagement Nets team.
I believe Jeremy Lin should've waited for the Nets to sign a SG or PF before signing.

The Knicks need Lance Stephenson for a small-role to tandem with Lance Thomas for stops off the bench, plus to help Jennings out-score opponents for 20 minute a night like he did in Memphis.

tiger0330

Legend
You are right, the Nets could pay Lance Stephenson more because the Nets need him for a bigger-role that Lance may not be able to for fill from bad rap with reffs plus being on a screwed-up mismanagement Nets team.
I believe Jeremy Lin should've waited for the Nets to sign a SG or PF before signing.

The Knicks need Lance Stephenson for a small-role to tandem with Lance Thomas for stops off the bench, plus to help Jennings out-score opponents for 20 minute a night like he did in Memphis.
Thunder are another possibility for him, they have ~3M in cap space and they need a replacement for Waiters.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thunder are another possibility for him, they have ~3M in cap space and they need a replacement for Waiters.

Teams like the Nets and Thunders would expect a big role from Lance Stephenson, when the best thing for Lance Stephenson is on a team that need his service for a small-role off the bench to build his performance back up to starter-level

tiger0330

Legend

I was just reading the guy might have to go overseas to play, so it may be the guy can't get a whiff even for the minimum to play. Unreal, blowing in the Kings ear is quirky for sure but damn you should still be able to get a job in the NBA.