Sasha's Looking for Team-WINS! ...just a few days before training camp .. ctfu4win

Kiyaman

Legend
I had to borrow this great post on Sasha .... Four Stars for offseason work-outs .......

With training camp less than 2 weeks away, many of the Knicks have begun to arrive in New York for voluntary workouts. But when many of the team's new additions finally get going in the Big Apple, it won't by any means be the first exposure they've had with one another.

Alas, incoming players like Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah, Courtney Lee and Brandon Jennings made continued efforts to train together in Los Angeles this summer. SNY.tv and TheKnicksBlog.com has learned that one of the largest group sessions to date was initiated by veteran Sasha Vujacic.

"The guys came in [two weeks ago]. Sasha's been one of my clients for many years, back when he was a Laker. He actually set the whole thing up," Gameshape Inc.'s Robbie Davis said. "A lot of the guys spent a lot of time in Los Angeles this summer, so they we were working out together."

But the work hasn't simply stopped there.

"Sasha went up and worked out with Derrick Rose's skills guy for a couple days. On Friday, they worked out with me. That following Saturday, Sasha and I went out to Malibu to work with Joakim and one of his guys," Davis said of the group's training. "We all got together, worked out, and hung out. It's a nice way for them to get to know each other and bond."

As pictures from Davis' Instagram account show, his session featured some unique activities.

"I tried to get the guys outside of the gym to do something a little different. I love the pool work because it's low impact and kind of gets them off their legs to finish a week out," he shared.

Vujacic has been working with Davis for quite some time. Davis, the former Clippers trainer who has been contracting his services out for the last twelve years, said that it was unusual for a large group to come in for a workout. That's a testament, not only to the dedicated work ethic of each player, but the motivation Vujacic has to get guys together.

"I was very impressed. I don't see it very often. A lot of guys will come in to work with me and bring one teammate along. It's very rate for so many teammates to come together like this," the trainer pointed out. "They had coaches with them too. Corey Gaines was there. I don't think I've ever had so many guys come through. We had a great time, working out, laughing, and having lunch. They even left me and did more basketball work after."

Hard work and putting in the extra time tends to pay off more often than not. As far as Davis is concerned, Vujacic and Co. are already reaping the benefits.

"Their chemistry is off the charts," he asserted. "It was really nice to see, and it'll be interesting to see if it carries over [into the season]."

tiger0330

Legend
I'm optimistic about the season if everyone stays healthy. Screw ESPN, SI and the Vegas oddsmakers who think the Knicks win less than 40 games, this team is more talented than the 2013 team imo.