2016 Knicks Pre-season

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks are playing their rookies and end of bench guys but Kuz is not to be seen. I want to see him get more burn, not sure why Horn doesn't play him more.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lance like Holiday has not found his shot in the preseason. His scoring is going to be important for the second unit, his defense is a given.

Im not interested in Holiday getting minutes .. Lance need to be put in every lineup with Jennings for chemistry

tiger0330

Legend
Plumlee looks like he's playing football instead of bball out there. Not a real skilled bball player but physical and he hustles.

Agree with Breen and Clyde for the young guys to get this win would be a confidence boost.

Kiyaman

Legend
Plumlee looks like he's playing football instead of bball out there. Not a real skilled bball player but physical and he hustles.

Agree with Breen and Clyde for the young guys to get this win would be a confidence boost.

That was the play of the game... kid is a beast

Kiyaman

Legend
Tiger ...wsup with coach Horn given Kuz a DNP this game plus only given Kuz playing time in the 4th quarter vs Nets .. u think Horn put Kuz on the Cut list?

Rose and Noah being out the preseason are a blessing in disguise for some of our players.
It gives the bench players more time to play, plus their absent shows what this team can do without them.
The way Jennings are getting more comfortable playing with his new teammates is a blessing, it can only raise the bar for chemistry off the bench when Rose return.
Plumlee is making a case for himself, I would like to see Plumlee, O'Quinn, and Ndour in a lineup.
N'Dour looks like he will be a big plus off the bench.

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah Kiya you would think that Kuz is on the cut list with the minutes he's getting but his contract says otherwise, 2yr/5.7M deal and you can't trade him until Dec. so he's making the roster. Horn is probably evaluating the young guys first and allowing Kuz to adjust to the speed and physicality of the NBA in scrimmages.

I agree DRose and Noah being out has been a blessing in disguise allowing some playing time for Jennings and the young guns. Have to take back what I said about Plumlee in SL that I didn't see why PJ needed to sign him to a guaranteed deal right after SL, worst case is we're on the hook for a million bucks or we find a rotation player for a couple of years on the cheap.

tiger0330

Legend
Wiz take a 53-46 lead into the locker room. Game was closer until the Wiz opened up the lead late in the second, Knicks could use more scoring from the 2 guard esp when the 2nd unit is in, Holiday was only 1-5 and CLee only took 3 shots.
Hornacek talked to CLee about being more aggressive looking for scoring opportunities. CLee says he will be more aggressive this Saturday.

tiger0330

Legend
Next game Saturday, DRose better be here on Saturday even if his trial isn't over. Game ball to Lance.
DRose excused from Knicks practices and games until his trial is over. They expect the trial to end next week so he'll miss Sat. game. Hornacek is delaying putting in some plays until he returns so it is affecting the Knicks, thank God for BJ.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks vs Celtics

BJ vs Isaiah Thomas
Lee vs Bradley
Melo vs Crowder
PK vs A.Johnson
Plumlee vs Horford
6th man
Randle vs Smart

Im hoping Rose n Noah sit this game out too ..

Yeah Kiya you would think that Kuz is on the cut list with the minutes he's getting but his contract says otherwise, 2yr/5.7M deal and you can't trade him until Dec. so he's making the roster. Horn is probably evaluating the young guys first and allowing Kuz to adjust to the speed and physicality of the NBA in scrimmages.

I agree DRose and Noah being out has been a blessing in disguise allowing some playing time for Jennings and the young guns. Have to take back what I said about Plumlee in SL that I didn't see why PJ needed to sign him to a guaranteed deal right after SL, worst case is we're on the hook for a million bucks or we find a rotation player for a couple of years on the cheap.

The last 3 preseason games will decide our final 15 Man Roster ... Randle? Lou? Sasha? Baker? Tokoto? Our 18 man roster has to be trim to 15 men.
Which of the 5 mention players will have a stand out game tonight vs Boston?
Im looking for some bench-player chemistry in the two games vs Boston.
I would like to see a BIG bench defensive lineup on the court having Randle/Lance/Ndour/Quinn/Plumlee to defend and shoot above 55% .. something our starting lineup hasnt done in any of the preseason games.

tiger0330

Legend
Noah is playing probably no more than 20 mins. Boston will be a good test for the Knicks esp. our bench. Its only preseason but no worse than a split of the 2 games with the Celts would be a good sign the Knicks can contend this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Willy is a BEAST in the 4th qtr. KEEPER .. Better IQ and skillz than KP LOL
N'Dour n Kuz raw talent that need a role off the bench
Holiday inconsistency makes Sasha a keeper
Baker .. cut cut cut