Knick vs CAvs: pregame thread

jimkcchief88

All Star
Lost in Cubby madness that KNIcKs are on opening night vs the Champion CAvs!!! I hope Hubie Brown is doing the game:) happy days are here again!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Imagine the type of HYPE our players will have after a WIN tonight ....

I believe we must start the season with a winning attitude showing the players and coaches are on the same-page, we also must establish coach Horn position as our winning head-coach whom have the ability/experience to keep games close for opportunities to win over superior teams like the championship Cavs.
Two years ago when we beat the dismantle Lebron Cavs at the start of the season we were a better athletic team than the Cavs at the start of the season. The Cavs made multiple trades n changes to their roster the first two to four months into the season with 3 teams to change the outlook in their backcourt Guards and in their frontcourt Big-man center to improve the team chemistry.

I'm hoping we start the first game focus mainly on a defensive-chemistry, plus im hoping for a lot of ball and players movement on offense to score team points rather than individual points.
As a team having 10 new players, I will not pay much attention to the turnovers the first 10 to 15 games when i see our new offensive system give 3 to 4 players touches before the shot clock reach 20 seconds.

Kiyaman

Legend
What's the Game-Plan for the first regular season game vs championship Cavs .....
Play 10-12 guys .. have high confidence in teammates .. play good D .. share the ball .. take good shots and keep a running lead for all 4 quarters

tiger0330

Legend
Imagine the type of HYPE our players will have after a WIN tonight ....

I believe we must start the season with a winning attitude showing the players and coaches are on the same-page, we also must establish coach Horn position as our winning head-coach whom have the ability/experience to keep games close for opportunities to win over superior teams like the championship Cavs.
Two years ago when we beat the dismantle Lebron Cavs at the start of the season we were a better athletic team than the Cavs at the start of the season. The Cavs made multiple trades n changes to their roster the first two to four months into the season with 3 teams to change the outlook in their backcourt Guards and in their frontcourt Big-man center to improve the team chemistry.

I'm hoping we start the first game focus mainly on a defensive-chemistry, plus im hoping for a lot of ball and players movement on offense to score team points rather than individual points.
As a team having 10 new players, I will not pay much attention to the turnovers the first 10 to 15 games when i see our new offensive system give 3 to 4 players touches before the shot clock reach 20 seconds.
Good post Kiya.

Tonight reminds me of that win in CLE 2 seasons ago. Lebron's homecoming game, thousands were celebrating in the streets before the game, most hyped regular season game I've ever seen and a Knicks win seemed improbable yet we won.

Tonight the Cavs raise their championship banner and the Indians are hosting game 1 of the World Series, Cleveland will be rocking tonight. Can the Knicks pull off another improbable win? We've got a starting 5 on paper that looks competitive with the Cavs starting 5 and the Cavs don't have Mozgov and Delly anymore replaced by Birdman and Dunleavy so there bench may not be as good as last season. They also don't have backup PG with Felder out with a concussion tonight and waiving Toney Douglas, Shumpert will probably play point for the 2nd unit. Maybe a win is not impossible tonight if the Knicks can play D and hold the Cavs to less than a 100 pts and Horn's fast paced offense can get untracked against the Cav's D.

jimkcchief88

All Star
We should play well tonight as we catch them coming off the emotional high from the ring ceremonies. Gonna try to share the TV with Cub fans:)

tiger0330

Legend
We should play well tonight as we catch them coming off the emotional high from the ring ceremonies. Gonna try to share the TV with Cub fans:)
Congrats to the Cubs getting to baseballs big dance. Damn 108 years since they've won a World Series and haven't been in one since 1945, wouldn't blame you Chief if you skipped the Knicks game tonight.

tiger0330

Legend
The good Melo 5-7 for 11 points, the bad Melo has been the whole show on mostly iso's.

Cavs 28-18 end of the 1st.

Jennings shooting leaves a lot to be desired.