NEW YORK KNICKS vs MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES ~ Saturday 10/29 ~ MSG @7:30 PM

Kiyaman

Legend
Two of Memphis starters missed the game ..
Our Knicks are coming off a four day break in the schedule.
When we took a 18 pt lead early in the 2nd quarter I expected us to blowout Memphis in our Home-Opener Game.
I did not expect the Knicks team n coach to go into ISO-Melo-mode for 2 quarters where we would have a 2 point lead (Knicks 87 Griz 85) with 8 minute left in the game.
Nice Knicks win.

Our home-opener WIN goes out to Noah leadership on the court!
Noah's impact is evident. As soon as he's in the game, the team's execution on offense improves, plus his defensive tenacity is also infectious. Outstanding team leadership !!!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
If they were giving championships for blowing up massive leads in the 3rd, the Knicks would win every single year. Glad we were able to pull a win out of this one. Also, Noah's gotta be the new crowd's favorite, this guy's on fire.

and1

Rotation player
because i'm such a knicks freak i watched the game again and i have to say i really like what holiday's bringing off the bench, even though he was technically just a +1 in the box score. if he can keep up that kind of a performance and bring the kind of energy he brought against the grizz, coach is going to trust him and give him consistent minutes in games. that should be fun to watch AND should help give us a better chance to win more games than not. i believe this is the last year of his contract too, so he - like rose and jennings - has a lot to play for. this should be interesting.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
because i'm such a knicks freak i watched the game again and i have to say i really like what holiday's bringing off the bench, even though he was technically just a +1 in the box score. if he can keep up that kind of a performance and bring the kind of energy he brought against the grizz, coach is going to trust him and give him consistent minutes in games. that should be fun to watch AND should help give us a better chance to win more games than not. i believe this is the last year of his contract too, so he - like rose and jennings - has a lot to play for. this should be interesting.
You did what? You know, not sure if you're aware of this, but there's gonna be 80 more games in the regular season. Nah, just kidding, but I gotta say, you've to be 100% committed, if not devoted, to watch the same regular season game twice.

Kiyaman

Legend
You did what? You know, not sure if you're aware of this, but there's gonna be 80 more games in the regular season. Nah, just kidding, but I gotta say, you've to be 100% committed, if not devoted, to watch the same regular season game twice.

LMAO ...when it comes down to our decade-Knicks, sometime u have to watch the game twice when its a Knicks win.

I'm stagnated on why coach Jeff Horn did not put Sasha's veteran experience into the Knicks rotation the past two games .. Sasha's combo-guard hustle talent would be the veteranship Jennings need in the backcourt to run the point with confidence .. Sasha n Jennings should be our guards to start the 2nd quarter, and start the 4th quarter. Holiday's performance has been decent, but Sasha's experience offers more for team chemistry.

I am not happy with the resigning of Lance Thomas, his performance hasn't benefit any of his teammates nor himself as a team asset.

Broadway

All Star
I thought for the most part the team played well. Lee and Porzingis got off to a decent start then Rose joined the party later. Good thing they started off with a season opener home victory.

tiger0330

Legend
Jerian Grant hasn't sniffed a minute on the floor for the Bulls this season, I don't think the Bulls think much of Grant having brought in MCW and RJ Hunter for depth at the G spot. Holiday could be the difference in the Knicks winning that trade with the Bulls, Horn likes him for his 2 way play so he could solidify himself as the 2nd unit SG. Him and Rose could give us two guys in the rotation for giving up Rolo.

and1

Rotation player
hahahaaa... it's true though, i have no real idea how well or bad the knicks are going to start off the season, so i have to really enjoy the wins we get, when we get them, until i have a better idea how things are going to shake out. plus i just wanted to get a second, better look at how guys were playing together.

and1

Rotation player
i wouldn't be surprised if coach uses sasha minimally throughout the earlier stages of the season just to try and keep his legs fresh for games down the stretch when we might really need some veteran experience coming off the bench for us. we'll probably be seeing him more during those games when rose needs to take a night off for whatever reason and jennings slides up to the starting PG spot.

LMAO ...when it comes down to our decade-Knicks, sometime u have to watch the game twice when its a Knicks win.

I'm stagnated on why coach Jeff Horn did not put Sasha's veteran experience into the Knicks rotation the past two games .. Sasha's combo-guard hustle talent would be the veteranship Jennings need in the backcourt to run the point with confidence .. Sasha n Jennings should be our guards to start the 2nd quarter, and start the 4th quarter. Holiday's performance has been decent, but Sasha's experience offers more for team chemistry.

I am not happy with the resigning of Lance Thomas, his performance hasn't benefit any of his teammates nor himself as a team asset.

Kiyaman

Legend
i wouldn't be surprised if coach uses sasha minimally throughout the earlier stages of the season just to try and keep his legs fresh for games down the stretch when we might really need some veteran experience coming off the bench for us. we'll probably be seeing him more during those games when rose needs to take a night off for whatever reason and jennings slides up to the starting PG spot.

Holding an experience veteran combo-player (Sasha) on the bench by way of DNP, until one of our question-mark guards get injured are backward coaching. Sasha performance compliments his teammates performance with passes steals picks and creativeness, all the things u look for to create a chemistry back-court in the start of the season. Last year Sasha started the first 8 games (4-4), then coach Fisher DNP Sasha when Afflalo became eligible to play in the 9th game of the season. It didnt take long before NBA team scouts pulled Affallo card on his 3 moves on the left side to score plus poor effort getting back on defense.
Holiday could learn a lot sitting on the bench watching Rose n Lee, and Jennings n Sasha in the backcourt.

The past three seasons our ISO-Melo has also showed consistently that his minutes should be reduce to 28 to 30 minutes per game. Any minutes above 31 are asking for a LOSS.
The Knicks roster does not have any player that deserve above 30 minutes per game accept for Noah, and we dont want to over play Noah in the start of the season to cause any injuries .. In midseason we will need Noah the most when the games get rough n tough to win.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I agree, Kiya. Sasha isn't always efficient at scoring, but he's reliable to play the way he wants to. We're still playing youth on the bench either way, so it might be better to have him be the regular bench player getting good minutes for a while. You don't want to have that starting five, then go to not good enough yet, inexperienced players who are trying not to get the starters back in earlier than the team wanted. Jennings is an energetic guard with flashy passes, so he'll find Vujacic for his quick shots.

and1

Rotation player
^ yeah, i think all those arguments make sense. what do you think the chances are we'll be seeing 3 guard line-ups (jennings, sasha and holiday) out on the floor for stretches at a time? hornacek does have a history of running multiple guards out there.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Finally watched my DVR game from Saturday...DRose finally gives us a legit PG...how is Sasha even on the team??? I liked KP esp with the second unit..also like what Holliday brought off the bench and Noah's energy on defense...great to see the KNIcKs have NBA talent again...it's been a while...but we led pretty much from bell to bell here which is hard to do so I'll take the win...cool seeya all the KNIcKs greats at halftime