NEW YORK KNICKS vs HOUSTON ROCKETS ~ Wednesday 11/2 ~ MSG @7:30 PM

mafra

Legend
D'Antoni before the game tonight said #kporzee reminds him of Ryan Andersen...lol Phil on draft night said Pau Gasol...lol

I'm not shaming him the kid, he was drafted into a horrible situation. D-Rose is playing for his next contract and Melo is stat padding the remainder of his playing career. This team is at best a 36-46 team as I projected and nothing has changed my opinion of this. The sad part they probably won't win 36gms.

Ah, Mike D.... too funny. They both are white and shoot 3s.... so there's that.... However, KP is about a half foot taller. Pinch me when someone puts together a highlight package of Ryan Anderson blocked shots and putback dunks.

36 wins might be a stretch even. Melo isnt mentally tough and if this thing gets out of hand early they may never never recover.

Major alarm bells are going off bc when this team falls behind they fold up camp. No fight.

If this were Feb you might excuse this sort of effort.... but there's been little energy from this team.... and if this is the max effort they can give..... geez.... what might this look like once Melo and Rose come up with their injuries?

If we are going to simply be mediocre.... then I root for this to implode ASAP.... force Dolan to dump Phil, trade Melo and Rose and lee and noah and earnestly rebuild and then
Hope for a gift in the lottery.

tiger0330

Legend
D'Antoni before the game tonight said #kporzee reminds him of Ryan Andersen...lol Phil on draft night said Pau Gasol...lol

I'm not shaming him the kid, he was drafted into a horrible situation. D-Rose is playing for his next contract and Melo is stat padding the remainder of his playing career. This team is at best a 36-46 team as I projected and nothing has changed my opinion of this. The sad part they probably won't win 36gms.
Looking like you're right so far. It's early and even the Cavs had problems finding cohesion Lebron's first year and had to trade for JR and Shump for what eventually became a championship team. 36 wins means another re-boot next year, Melo I think def ok's a trade out of NY, they probably don't re-sign DRose and/or Jennings and they probably trade CLee or Noah. It would be the end of the PJ era in NY as well. Not a lot to look forward to in a 36 win scenario.

Broadway

All Star
Looking like you're right so far. It's early and even the Cavs had problems finding cohesion Lebron's first year and had to trade for JR and Shump for what eventually became a championship team. 36 wins means another re-boot next year, Melo I think def ok's a trade out of NY, they probably don't re-sign DRose and/or Jennings and they probably trade CLee or Noah. It would be the end of the PJ era in NY as well. Not a lot to look forward to in a 36 win scenario.

This is a major reason we needed someone like Randle on this team and should have kept Tony Wroten.

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
I couldn't agree more. Sometimes you need your offense to help your defense.

Rose and Melo will find and get their 15+ shots. There's nobody to blame but the HC when KP attempts only 4 shots. He has to design plays for him, play him with BJ with the second unit.... and, yes, get him off the 3-point line.

I would actually shake things up and play 10 men.... BJ, KP, Baker and willy h (or Ndour or KOQ)... and Minky....

Start Rose, lee, Melo, Noah, LT

We need scoring off our bench and we need KP to develop free of Rose and Melo....

Then, close with KP, Melo, Rose.

Anyway.... Hornachek is off to a bad start and we are all tired of this triangle. The offense is beyond bad and only bad schemes force players to fit a system.... you devise a system to fit your roster.

I never liked Hornacek since his utah days smh

attachment.php

How can a man wearing these tight ass shorts ever coach a team to the playoffs :lol:

Attachments

• hornacek.jpg
    hornacek.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 17

and1

Rotation player
once again i was not able to watch this game, but man oh man is that home opener already seeming soooooooo long ago.
i was listening to it on the radio and i did not hear either of the guys mention anything about the triangle. i'm about to watch the replay and see for myself what was going on with that. definitely looking forward to witnessing the horrible defense and what will turn out, no doubt, to be a series of lazy passing and careless ball handling. i have to see with my own eyes why KP only took 4 shots in the entire game. i have to see why baker outscored him, and it's not like baker came in and started shooting lights out from out of nowhere or anything.
i'm not at the point yet where i'm ready to fire everybody. but if these guys, including the coaches, think they're going to get by with just shooting firepower... well then obviously they have already seen where that's going to get them. i was not expecting to win this game tonight. but i was hoping that they were AT LEAST going to try and play some aggressive defense. but from the way it sounded, they just made it even easier for the rockettes to do their thing.
it sounds like hornacek is falling into the same pit fisher fell into, searching too much for a group of guys that play well together and get things done, experimenting 'with different looks' a little too much. who knows? maybe that will actually pay off down the stretch by giving some of these guys some experience out there. but i have my doubts about that if they're going to continue playing whack defense and running 'aspects of the triangle'.
i'll tell you one thing for sure though, i'd better see some hardcore aggressive defense on friday against the bulls, even if it means 2 or 3 of our starters fouling out! i'm not hitting the panic button yet. 2/3 of this roster have never played even half a season together! but my finger's starting to get a little closer to it.
oh and btw, 'antoni can go bleep himself. he laughed during the pre-game when a reporter mentioned the number of coaches the knicks have gone through since he left? how many teams has he coached for? how well did he do with them recently? and he should take a good look at the organization he's coaching for now. haha! firing mchale? for what? to do just as bad as they were already doing with him as the coach? pfffff! please bruh, check yourself.

and1

Rotation player
[FONT=&quot]“We run the triangle, we practice against it a lot,” Lee said. “I think we need to practice against pick and rolls, practice against other looks and whatnot and get accustomed, get comfortable with that."

i couldn't agree more. preach it brutha! we need to just forget this triangle business altogether. maybe it's a coincidence that the knicks have looked terrible since the home opener, after which phil stepped into practice and gave them a triangle primer?
hornacek is in a bad spot, y'all. this is set up for failure. get rid of rambis, replace him with a hardcore defensive minded coach who knows what more successful teams are running on their offense and how to contest them.[/FONT]

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
It is the same story every year, new team, new coach, they all need time to create bonds, and when they do it is already too late, we get frustrated, we boo them, they trade them all and bring new players again, and we start everything over and over again...... we need to have the same team or at least the core for 2 years in a row.... there are many talented players in this year's team, but they still can't play together, they need time, and we don't give teams time.... we change the whole team every year....

and1

Rotation player
that's all true and it makes sense, but i don't think it'll make much of a difference how long a team is together if they continue to operate with this philosophy of 'running aspects of the triangle'. based on things that i'm hearing and reading, it's really sounding like this triangle business has a lot to do with their poor performances on both ends of the floor. we'll see what happens. but they definitely need to get more aggressive on their defense and we definitely need to start getting more foul calls.

It is the same story every year, new team, new coach, they all need time to create bonds, and when they do it is already too late, we get frustrated, we boo them, they trade them all and bring new players again, and we start everything over and over again...... we need to have the same team or at least the core for 2 years in a row.... there are many talented players in this year's team, but they still can't play together, they need time, and we don't give teams time.... we change the whole team every year....

mafra

Legend
Horny may be starting off poorly as an in-game manager, but what he talked about last night.... I really like and applaud (especially after both Rose & Lee recently tried to infer the HC was to blame for their poor effort on defense):

(nY post)

Hornacek said players are too easily looking for a help defender instead of focusing on their primary defensive assignment.

?It?s not like we haven?t done defense in practice,? Hornacek said. ?Guys are offensive-minded guys, but we have to play both ends. Defense has been taught and preached. It?s half of practice every time. Sometimes guys just have to take it upon yourself to stop somebody. Not look for help.?

Now Hornacek seems on the defensive, even stating the players aren?t following ?the scouting report?? the assistants are delivering to them. The big problem is three starters, Derrick Rose, Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis (other than shot-blocking), aren?t instinctive players on defense.

Harden had 15 assists last night; Rose has 10 assists in 4 games.

Also, funny how Westbrook attempts 44 shots in a game and nobody complains about ISO-Russell.

tiger0330

Legend
I couldn't agree more. Sometimes you need your offense to help your defense.

Rose and Melo will find and get their 15+ shots. There's nobody to blame but the HC when KP attempts only 4 shots. He has to design plays for him, play him with BJ with the second unit.... and, yes, get him off the 3-point line.

I would actually shake things up and play 10 men.... BJ, KP, Baker and willy h (or Ndour or KOQ)... and Minky....

Start Rose, lee, Melo, Noah, LT

We need scoring off our bench and we need KP to develop free of Rose and Melo....

Then, close with KP, Melo, Rose.

Anyway.... Hornachek is off to a bad start and we are all tired of this triangle. The offense is beyond bad and only bad schemes force players to fit a system.... you devise a system to fit your roster.
A lot of good ideas here Mafra. Zinger as the 5 with the 2nd unit. That puts Melo back at the 4 with the 1st unit. Melo has proven he can play the 4 effectively. LT has never started but if he can play the kind of gritty D he played last year he may help with the defensive problems. I think Horn has to shake up the lineup, the question is when.

and1

Rotation player
^ all of this stuff above sounds interesting, definitely worth considering, and maybe it'll even help. but honestly i don't think it'll make a lick of difference if these guys continue to have the triangle looming over their heads. phil needs to get over it already. he's getting paid MORE than enough to get over it already.
i hate to continue harping on this, but i really do love this team and am a passionate fan. and i can't help but feel that the shadow of the triangle, to put it rather dramatically :), is fundamentally at the root of this problem. even if it's just 'aspects of the triangle'.

tiger0330

Legend
Definitely 1-5, I don't see the Knicks beating the Bulls or the Jazz the next 2. The Knicks do nothing well except DRose with his driving layup. I saw a comment about the Knicks aren't using KP correctly, maybe Horn needs to re-think using Zinger as a 7ft. wing.
Knicks are actually lower in postional offensive ranking than defensive ranking, despite all the headlines criticizing the defense.

Offense
27th
New York

Defense

24th
New York110.3

Kiyaman

Legend
We got humiliated. There's nothing more to say.

There's plenty to say ...we got beat by a SSOL system from a NO-Defense head coach Dantoni.
We couldn't score 30 pts in any of the 4 quarters on a run run team without any defense.
We have a BUM-BUM incompetent coach name Jeff Horny .. The Knicks players showed no-effort toward winning throughout 48 minutes last night.

Its time for Phil Jackson to come out the penthouse office to sit in the head-coach seat.
ISO-Melo has to learn how to run on a fastbreak, plus get back on defense on a fast break.
This was the first NBA game our 7.3 KP did not shoot a 3 ball shot! LMFAO