201149.png
202685.png

201584.png
201942.png

201565.png
200768.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksToronto Raptors
No injuries to reportJared Sullinger - Left foot surgery (OUT)
-Delon Wright - Right shoulder surgery (OUT)

Game Preview

TORONTO -- While the Raptors were bouncing back for an impressive win against the Hornets in Charlotte on Friday, the New York Knicks were literally being bounced in Boston in a loss to the Celtics.

The teams meet Saturday at the Air Canada Centre with the Raptors riding the high of two road wins over tough opponents and the Knicks merely trying to regain their composure after Carmelo Anthony and Brandon Jennings were ejected from the game in Boston.

DeMar DeRozan continued his run of 30-plus point games with 34 against the Hornets, who used an 18-0 run to take a 10-point lead before the Raptors came back for the 113-111 victory.

He has scored 30 or more points in seven of eight games this season.

Anthony had 12 points when he was ejected in the second quarter of the 115-87 loss to the Celtics after he picked up two technical fouls. Jennings was tossed late in the game, also being assessed two technical fouls. The Knicks took six technical on the game overall.

"I was just frustrated, we were getting blown out," Jennings said. "We were getting blown out. I felt we got punked tonight."

"I can't comment on that, but on some of those, I can't blame the guys," Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said. "When (Anthony) gets kicked out early like that, he was playing well, we were hanging in there and climbed back into the game, then KP (Kristaps Porzingis) gets a third foul. It's tough when those two guys are not able to play a full rotation."

The Knicks, who are 3-5, will have a quick turnaround to figure things out on how to deal with the Raptors who welcomed back center Jonas Valanciunas Friday after he missed two games with a left knee contusion and forward-guard Terrence Ross after he missed a game with a sprained finger.

Raptors coach Dwane Casey would not commit to playing both on back-to-back nights.

Valanciunas scored 12 points and gathered eight rebounds in 21 minutes against the Hornets on Friday and Ross scored eight points in 20 minutes off the bench.

DeRozan is not only scoring a lot of points, he is scoring them when it counts, in crunch time.

"Win, win, just win," he said after dominating down the stretch Friday. "As long as I know I'm out there trying whatever I need to do to win, I'm fine with that. That's just my mentality. Understanding teammates look to you, coaches look to you, and this is what you work for, to be in that position. I try to make the most out of them every time."

"I've been watching (DeRozan) for a long time, but it's honestly crazy what he is doing," Raptors reserve guard Norman Powell said. "We are witnessing history. It's great to watch."

Powell did not play during the first three quarters on Friday but was used defensively for 10 minutes late in the game when the Raptors tried to find ways to stop Kemba Walker.

"It's great that he's looking down the line when we need stops, or we need somebody to go in there and change the game up and he puts you in there," Powell said. "I feel like I'm building a little bit of trust in that, just waiting for my opportunities when they come, and just going in there and trying to make an impact when I play."

(cbssports.com)

and1

Rotation player
nice thread!
let's see what the difference in FTs will be tonight. our backcourt's going to have their hands full with these guys. let's see how they respond from last night's fiasco. and check out clyde's suit!
let's get it!

mafra

Legend
alright those last 2 sequences were pretty hot. Q came ready to play.

After allowing 29 in the second quarter the NYK allow 38
imnyhe third quarter. You won't beat anybody when you allow a 40 point quarter.

mafra

Legend
10-14
25-29

fT disparity a lot better tonight. TOR only has about twice as. Any as us. Who will finish? Close game.

mafra

Legend
Knicks can't get a stop when they need 1; offense disappeared when they needed a bucket. Once again Melo
clanking shots down the stretch. different players, nothing changes. 3-6.

mafra

Legend
Just when you got all excited we held an opponent to under 25 points in a quarter, we basically allow 29-34-31 the final 3 quarters.

mafra

Legend
Just when you got all excited we held an opponent to under 25 points in a quarter, we basically allow 29-34-31 the final 3 quarters.

"Anthony, trying to make up for his debacle in Boston, when he was ejected after two quick technicals before halftime, didn?t notch a point in the fourth quarter Saturday until two meaningless free throws with 22 seconds left. He finished with 31 points, but didn?t have a field goal in the final period as the Knicks dropped to 3-6."

this blurb from the Post is all you need to now.

mafra

Legend
12-16 (NYK)
33-38 (TOR)

kind of hard to win basketball games when you're constantly giving your opponent forty free throws and you barely get ten yourself.

while the refs sent TOR to the FT line of a fingertip brushed against a jersey, Rose was slammed to the floor without a call:

“I’m finding ways to basket, getting there, I more concerned about me not getting calls,” Rose said. “I’m getting to the lane the same way everybody else is, and I’m still not getting calls.”

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
3-6 record, at this rate they won't win 30 games. I wonder if Horn can make the Knicks play D with 2 guys that can't play D in Melo and DRose.

and1

Rotation player
3-6 record, at this rate they won't win 30 games. I wonder if Horn can make the Knicks play D with 2 guys that can't play D in Melo and DRose.

those are the key words there. as long as good health continues to look down favorably on us, i'm pretty sure we'll get better. we will see them be able to string 2 or 3 wins together in a row. my concern is how long that might take.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I didn't watch the game, but from I'm reading here it seems it's the same story all over again, poor defensive effort and foul trouble. Ugh.

tiger0330

Legend
those are the key words there. as long as good health continues to look down favorably on us, i'm pretty sure we'll get better. we will see them be able to string 2 or 3 wins together in a row. my concern is how long that might take.
I'm hoping, they did enough to win with Melo's 31, 2 others with 21 and Noah with 18rbs. Got 2 weak opponents next week in the Mavs and Wiz and another .500 team in DET, we need to start winning on Monday.

tiger0330

Legend
Saw the game today. Got to stop fouling and getting into the penalty early with 5 mins left in the 3rd and TOR even having a foul to give to stop a FG attempt the last play in the 3rd was a factor.

I can see why Horn said conditioning might have been an issue, those 50/50 balls at the end and the Raps intensity seemed greater than the Knicks. Noguiera was big the last 3 minutes.

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
As much as I agree with how we're not getting calls, I still think its some p*ssy sh*t to complain about it.

Our players should just go out there and play with effort and play some defense. Worry about that first and foremost

dk7th

Benchwarmer
rose is one of the worst defenders in the league and so far lee has not impressed either. this was supposed to be an upgrade. rose does not communicate on defense and i noticed him trying to blame oquinn on one switch scenario. please. and rose isn't making up for it on the offensive end either. bad shots = turnovers, turnovers, and worst of all he is ignoring kp. hornacek: "there's a difference between making baskets and running an offense." nuff said. melo isn't guiltless here either. hahn and szerbiak are full o' **** in their postgame too.

holiday is an empty calorie player. much prefer kuzminskas out there who actually is multi-dimensional and has floor impact. he and hernangomez need more minutes. baker too.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanx for the Game Thread Rady ....
I missed both back to back .. went to a banging 1970's party where everyone were Groovin for the weekend.
We loss both back to back games this weekend bringing us to a sour 3-6 record .. the Box-score shows our starting 5 players received 30 or more minutes of playing-time vs the Raptors, plus in our 9 games our coach Horn has been rotating 9 of the bench players in the rotation in lineup with the starters. Our new coach Jeff Horn are confused bout which of the 9 bench players get playing time each game. We loss 6 out of 9 games do to a incompetent head coach.
Our starter 5 lineup play to much ISO-ball to co-exist together as a unit. We did not single out 5 of our best bench-players for a 2nd unit lineup to back-up the starters to form 2 cohesive units to create a decent 10 man rotation.
The Knicks turning into a Same-Page-Team are unlikely to happen any time soon this season .. to much ISO

Free throw attempts in a Game:
Knicks - 16 .. Toronto - 36
Knicks - 17 .. Boston - 43
Knicks - 17 .. Brooklyn - 27
Knicks - 19 .. Utah - 35
Knicks - 21 .. Chicago - 27
We can blame the officiating for one or maybe three games, but 5 straight games where our consistent blunders on defense sends our opponent to the foul line twice as many times as us.