i
201149.png

i
201584.png

i
201565.png

Injury Report

Dallas MavericksNew York Knicks
Devin Harris - Right great toe sprain (OUT)Lance Thomas - Left ankle pain (OUT)
Dirk Nowitzki - Right Achilles soreness (QUEST)-
Deron Williams - Left calf strain (OUT)-

Game Preview

Dirk Nowitzki welcomed his third child into the world on Friday, now the Dallas Mavericks are eager to welcome their star forward back onto the court.

Nowitzki has been out of action with a strained right Achilles tendon since November 4th against the Portland Trail Blazers. He initially hurt his Achilles in the Mavericks' season opener on Oct. 26 against the Indiana Pacers.

Dallas (2-6) could certainly use his scoring capability when it meets the New York Knicks (3-6) on Monday at Madison Square Garden. The Mavericks, who have been off since a 116-95 loss to the Golden State Warriors last Wednesday, are averaging 97.1 points, ranking them 26th in the league.

Dallas won five straight games against the Knicks and is 27-11 against New York over the last 20 seasons.

Nowitzki, 38, is the active leader in points scored (29,527) and minutes played (47,332). His wife Jessica gave birth to their son Morris.

Nowitzki practiced over the weekend and is hopeful to join the Mavericks when they play four of their next five games on the road.

"We don't want to rush anything and go back to where we were last week," Nowitzki told the Dallas Morning News. "So if I feel anything this weekend, they're going to ease off again.

"Obviously, I want to play in the (Madison Square) Garden on Monday (against the Knicks) and I want to play in Boston (on Wednesday) -- two of my favorite road spots. But I just don't know at this point if it's going to happen."

Nowitzki averaged 18 points in two games against the Knicks last season.

The Mavericks will be missing point guard Deron Williams, who is out with a left calf strain. Williams' has missed the last three games. Seth Curry is expected to start in his place.

"He's (Williams) going to be a little longer than hoped," Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle said. "There's no timetable. I'd say he's most likely out for New York (on Monday). And Boston (Wednesday) is probably a long shot."

The Knicks have lost two straight at Boston and Toronto, where the Raptors were 33-of-38 from the line. New York held an opponent under 100 points just once this season.

"It's a learning experience," Derrick Rose said. "There have probably been numerous games where teams shot 30 or over 35 free throws on us. We've just got to learn from it. When they have the bonus, or when they're close to it, we've got to communicate to each other that we've got to play safe, or under control so we're just not giving them fouls or giving them free throws."

Forward Carmelo Anthony led the Knicks with 31 points against Toronto, but failed to score a field goal in the fourth quarter. Against the Celtics, Anthony picked up two technical fouls in the second quarter and was ejected after scoring just 12 points in the 116-87 loss.

"I don't even know the last time I've been ejected from a game of basketball," Anthony told the New York Post. "I don't even know what that feels like.

"Being on the road playing a game of that stature, to be kicked out of the game for what reason? Because of a couple of bad words?"

Backup point guard Brandon Jennings was also issued two technicals in the Boston game and was ejected. He was fined $15,000 by the league for directing inappropriate language toward a game official and failing to leave the court in a timely manner following his ejection with 3:20 remaining in the contest.

With the Knicks playing their third game in four nights and Anthony, Rose, Courtney Lee and Kristaps Porzingis all averaging at least 30 minutes, New York's bench will have to play a major role against Dallas.

Jennings, the sixth man averaging seven points and 4.6 assists, should be a key.

(cbssports.com)

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Rady.

I said we need to start winning tonight in the Raps game thread. Mavs have not scored 100 pts in 6 of the 8 games they played. They don't have Dirk or DWill, no excuse for the boys tonight not to hold the Mavs to less then 100 and get this W tonight.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Lance Thomas won't be playing tonight and he will be rested because of his left ankle pain.

The effort we gave against Toronto likely wins this game. Who knows if we can get that much done though.

Kiyaman

Legend
Looks like Lance Thomas won't be playing tonight and he will be rested because of his left ankle pain.

Nice Game-Thread Rady ....Dirk return vs KP
Harrison Barnes and J.J. Barea been holding down the scoring for the Mavs

This should be a EASY win for the Knicks tonight, especially with Lance Thomas out.

Kiyaman

Legend
I WONDER wonder wonder which of the 10 bench-players will be in the rotation tonight?
PG-Rose are still averaging 3 or 4 assist per game, so PG-Brandon Jennings must receive playing time.
SG- Lee are still trying to figure out how to play alongside of a ISO-Rose in the backcourt, Sasha should be our starter SG!

Good mix and match unit to start 2nd quarter with Willy, Ndour, Porzingis, Jennings, and Holiday getting us right back into this game

Good job by Hornacek maximizing Porzingis' time on the court without Melo and Rose. Porzingis can be lethal as the focal point of an offense against 2nd unit defenses

tiger0330

Legend
If this was the end of the season I would not be re-signing DRose. Yes, he gets to the rim but that seems to be the only thing the guy does well, seems to me this is a league where your PG has to to be able to shoot the 3 and thats not DRose. Plus he's an average passer and defender if that.

If this was the end of the season I would not be re-signing DRose. Yes, he gets to the rim but that seems to be the only thing the guy does well, seems to me this is a league where your PG has to to be able to shoot the 3 and thats not DRose. Plus he's an average passer and defender if that.

Melo and Rose don't do anything to help each other on offense and they are a big part of why our defense has been poor so far. Still, this team needs a starting PG and Rose is a lot better than anyone else we've had in years. Lot to be decided by whether or not we really are as bad as we have looked so far

mafra

Legend
Melo and Rose don't do anything to help each other on offense and they are a big part of why our defense has been poor so far. Still, this team needs a starting PG and Rose is a lot better than anyone else we've had in years. Lot to be decided by whether or not we really are as bad as we have looked so far

This is pathetic. 1/8 intonthe season and I could care less about this team. We finally hold an opponent to under 40 in a half, and we score 36.

tiger0330

Legend
39-36 Mavs at the half. Knicks playing down to the level of the competition, held the Mavs to less than 50 but their offense was crap. Horn better be on their case in the locker room about ratcheting up their play, a loss tonight is going to mean getting ripped by the media tomorrow.

tiger0330

Legend
Have you seen Felton play with the Clips? I think we would have won as many games with him as with DRose.

Melo doing his ballhog thing, but damn can he be effective when he has a mismatch. Melo has gotten us up to the 3 point lead and about to go to the line for more

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks went on this mini run when Bogut left with his 4th but Knicks made most of their shots from outside and not in the paint. Pulling away, 57-47 lets put them away early.