yo 'bron...wheres the posse???

paris401

Starter
just heard on sports radio phil was talking about 'bron n said the word 'posse' n stirring up all kinds of $hit... haha... u r worth hundred's of million of $$$... loved by most.. n u give a $hit about what some 'white' 2nd (maybe 3rd) string former player n present $hitty GM has to say about ya... get the fuk over it 'bron'

and1

Rotation player
just heard on sports radio phil was talking about 'bron n said the word 'posse' n stirring up all kinds of $hit... haha... u r worth hundred's of million of $$$... loved by most.. n u give a $hit about what some 'white' 2nd (maybe 3rd) string former player n present $hitty GM has to say about ya... get the fuk over it 'bron'

yeah, i'm not sure this is the best fight to pick for lebron. phil doesn't really have a history of showing any kind of racism, at least not that i know of. based on what i've read it seems like maverick carter was the first to react to phil's statements and lebron's more or less defending him. if he wants to go this route he should probably set his sights on more obvious targets. when you start picking fights in situations that turn out to be much ado about nothing, your credibility starts to get a little thinner. that's just my two cents. phil's old, man. he was probably just trying to sound cool. and originally i think it was supposed to be a dig at pat riley anyway.

tiger0330

Legend
Didn't even know posse had any negative connotation myself, I would think 99% others besides myself didn't know it either.

Lebron took more umbrage from Phil's remarks than from Trump winning the election. Like he took the high road after Clinton's defeat, he should have done the same with Phil's remarks.

and1

Rotation player
Didn't even know posse had any negative connotation myself, I would think 99% others besides myself didn't know it either.

Lebron took more umbrage from Phil's remarks than from Trump winning the election. Like he took the high road after Clinton's defeat, he should have done the same with Phil's remarks.

yeah, 'posse' implies a bunch of guys with guns, regardless of skin color. so the offense comes in the sense that these successful guys are where they are because they're 'thuggish'. it is used a lot in the world of code-speak. when it's used to describe the entourage or business partners of white dudes, it just sounds cool or at the least retro hip-hop. but when it's used to describe the entourage or business partners of non-white dudes, there is room to speculate that it's being used as code. in some cases it is, in some cases it's not. in this particular case i'm pretty sure it's not. i didn't even know that 'crew' was viewed as offensive in some circumstances. at least he didn't use 'gang' or 'boys'. yeesh. phil should do less interviews.
again, he's just old. he was probably just trying to sound cool.

paris401

Starter
in my eyes this has brought 'bron down a notch (hope the word 'notch' is PC)... while its not about $$$$... in reality everything is about $$$... n 'bron probably made 50m last year... and the 'poor' white guy phil, I think 12m... if I was 'bron' , I wouldn't get into a pissing contest with phil.. I'd just tweet... hey phil go fuk yourself....

and1

Rotation player
in my eyes this has brought 'bron down a notch (hope the word 'notch' is PC)... while its not about $$$$... in reality everything is about $$$... n 'bron probably made 50m last year... and the 'poor' white guy phil, I think 12m... if I was 'bron' , I wouldn't get into a pissing contest with phil.. I'd just tweet... hey phil go fuk yourself....

nah, i don't think this is about PC or money. the first thing that went through my mind was: 'oh, is lebron trying to help melo get phil out of ny?' but that's just the way my brain is wired. exploiting sensitive topics simply as power moves and such.
phil should get out in front of this though. he doesn't have to explain himself, but allowing misunderstandings to just linger and simmer usually only makes things worse and dumber.

tiger0330

Legend
I've been hearing a few African-Americans saying Lebron is overreacting with one guy saying posse is not a loaded racial word. Said if he heard in a sentence about him, like in "I heard you and your posse went to the game" he would take it that him and his friends went to the game.

and1

Rotation player
I've been hearing a few African-Americans saying Lebron is overreacting with one guy saying posse is not a loaded racial word. Said if he heard in a sentence about him, like in "I heard you and your posse went to the game" he would take it that him and his friends went to the game.

that's pretty much how anyone i know has ever reacted - or not reacted - to it as well. that's why i'm thinking it's more about putting pressure on phil for whatever reason. but honestly i don't even know anyone who still uses that word.

paris401

Starter
people are way toooo thin-skinned these days... however saying that, if phil was talking about a white guy would he have say 'posse', or would he have said 'entourage' ....

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yeah y'all know Chief will the first one to cry foul here but I think babybron is being a little touchy. I mean dude u have millions of $$$ like stated above. Money can make you high maintenance, but Bron: you havent lived the life the rest of black Americans live since high school. If you tell Lebron" the struggle is real" he'll look back at you like "what struggle?" Phil is an old hippie I think he was hitting Lebron with a little shot and being a bit cheeky, but coded racism? Hmmm.... Phil coached MJ, Kobe, and Shaq among others. I don't remember them having a "posse". DRose got the same criticism here in Chicago because his big brother Reggie talked way too much. Quit crying bron. I think u and your entourage is doing ok. Is that "code" as well. Cmon man

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah y'all know Chief will the first one to cry foul here but I think babybron is being a little touchy. I mean dude u have millions of $$$ like stated above. Money can make you high maintenance, but Bron: you havent lived the life the rest of black Americans live since high school. If you tell Lebron" the struggle is real" he'll look back at you like "what struggle?" Phil is an old hippie I think he was hitting Lebron with a little shot and being a bit cheeky, but coded racism? Hmmm.... Phil coached MJ, Kobe, and Shaq among others. I don't remember them having a "posse". DRose got the same criticism here in Chicago because his big brother Reggie talked way too much. Quit crying bron. I think u and your entourage is doing ok. Is that "code" as well. Cmon man

To many people are trying to sugar coat racism with blah blah blah .. Be For Real
The "code" is clear as the light of day .. Phil indirectly called Lebron the N word by letting Lebron business partners know to stay in their PLACE

Lebron and his friends understood Phil's comment very well

paris401

Starter
The "code" is clear as the light of day .. Phil indirectly called Lebron the N word by letting Lebron business partners know to stay in their PLACE Lebron and his friends understood Phil's comment very well

the 'comment' came from an old white dud (I mean dude), who in his prime couldn't hold 'bron's jock strap.(I wanta be PC, so shout out to larry holmes for the jock strap comment).. I doubt that the meaning was to call him the 'N' word... but I'm not in phil's head so who the fuk knows... BUT, 'bron u are way to thin skinned .. and as stated u and your 'entourage' should be way above this... and I think a simple tweet 'fuk-you' phil would have been the thing to do... and pummel the knicks next time u meet

Kiyaman

Legend
the 'comment' came from an old white dud (I mean dude), who in his prime couldn't hold 'bron's jock strap.(I wanta be PC, so shout out to larry holmes for the jock strap comment).. I doubt that the meaning was to call him the 'N' word... but I'm not in phil's head so who the fuk knows... BUT, 'bron u are way to thin skinned .. and as stated u and your 'entourage' should be way above this... and I think a simple tweet 'fuk-you' phil would have been the thing to do... and pummel the knicks next time u meet

LeBron James’ statment he has lost respect for the Zen Master .. showed he read between the lines of Phil's comment.
In other words if Lebron is a no-show in MSG on Dec. 7, and Feb. 4 on national network TV ABC ...Dolan raise of ticket prices for those games wont be worth half the price when certain celebrities wont attend.

paris401

Starter
LeBron James’ statment he has lost respect for the Zen Master .. showed he read between the lines of Phil's comment.
In other words if Lebron is a no-show in MSG on Dec. 7, and Feb. 4 on national network TV ABC ...Dolan raise of ticket prices for those games wont be worth half the price when certain celebrities wont attend.

that would work... 'bron can sit on the bench with a 'fuk-you-phil' teeshirt... BUT the cav's r 1/2 the team (or less) when he sits... soooo....do u wanta win...or make a statement... as I said I'd play, n pummel em...pound em into the hardwood...and acknowledge phil after u score every basket... u know where he sits...