201149.png
101162.png

201584.png
1627815.png

201565.png
202322.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksWashington Wizards
Lance Thomas - Sore Left Ankle (OUT)Bradley Beal - Right hamstring tightness (TBD)
-Danuel House Jr. - D-League Assignment (OUT)
-Ian Mahinmi - Left knee surgery (OUT)
-John Wall - Rest (TBD)

Game Preview

WASHINGTON -- The Washington Wizards are currently bad at basketball. New York Knicks forward Krystaps Porzingis is soaring.

Porzingis scored a career-high 35 points in New York's 105-102 win over the Detroit Pistons Wednesday night just as Washington suffered a brutal 109-102 loss at the one-win Philadelphia 76ers. The two sides meet Thursday night on the Wizards' homecourt.

Carmelo Anthony had 22 points and Derrick Rose scored 16 for the Knicks (5-6), who have won two straight. Joakim Noah, who was benched for the second half of Monday's win, grabbed 15 rebounds and had seven points. New York outrebounded Detroit 52-40. Having a 7-foot-3 standout like Porzingis helps with boards and buckets.

The second-year big man made 13 of 22 shots from the field, three 3-pointers and grabbed seven rebounds over 40 minutes.

"He is dangerous," Rose said. "For a second-year player that doesn't really know the game like that, for him to come out and play the way he plays is incredible. And for him to be 7-foot-3 and move the way that he moves is kind of crazy. A unique, unique player."

Porzingis had 25 points in the first half.

"Shots were falling," Porzingis said. "I was playing my game. My teammates were finding me. I was in good position and my shot felt good."

The Wizards (2-9) played without guard Bradley Beal throughout and without much passion in the first half. Philadelphia led 29-15 after the first quarter and largely maintained a comfortable margin and until the final minutes. Trailing 103-100 with 1:10 remaining, hope faded as 76ers big man Richaun Holmes drained a backbreaking 3-pointer.

"They outplayed us in that first half," coach Scott Brooks said after the Wizards fell to 0-5 on the road. "There was about a 12-minute period where we showed no resistance and it's unacceptable. We battled back but when you're down a big number and playing catch-up, it takes a lot out of you."

John Wall had 23 of his 27 points in the second half. Markieff Morris scored 19 points.

"You have an opportunity to play the game that you love for a living. So, playing hard should be the easiest thing that you do," Wall said. "Competing, making shots, that can all come later on. Making shots, that can come later on. Sometimes you're going to make shots, sometimes you're going to miss shots. But when you're not making shots, you have to be able to defend and play hard. Most of the game, they outplayed us, until the end of second. In the third and fourth we showed glimpses.

The point guard played 24 minutes after sitting out Saturday's 106-95 loss at the Chicago Bulls. The three-time All-Star has not played both ends of a back-to-back set this season after undergoing two knee surgeries during the offseason. That is expected to change Thursday, but Washington limited Wall's minutes in Philadelphia accordingly.

Beal missed his three straight game with a hamstring injury suffered on Nov. 9. Undrafted rookie Sheldon McClellan scored six points in his second career start.

Washington won the series 2-1 last season, including a victory in the lone game at Madison Square Garden. Wall had 28 points and 17 assists in a 111-108 win on Feb. 9.

(cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the game thread Rady.

You got to get to .500 before you can become a winning team, KP said this is an important game and I agree. I was encouraged by the better start against the Pistons and the boys need to come out fast and put a bad team away early.

Thanks for the great game thread.

I hope Porzingis doesn't show up gassed tonight after the awesome effort last night. Losing to a 2 - 8 team would be a huge momentum killer. Biggest concern is that we've stunk on the road so far

and1

Rotation player
nice thread!
unfortunately beal will be in the line-up tonight. let's see if the rumors are true about him and wall and if it reflects in their play. getting to .500 would be a nice way to cap off a 3 game win streak. plus, we have 4 pretty tough games coming up after tonight.
let's get this!

and1

Rotation player
started off with some nice defense, but last couple of possessions we're looking a little lost. i'd like to see a little more ball movement too.

and1

Rotation player
not a very good sign. we're not hitting our 3s and we're not putting pressure on them when they're setting up their 3s.

tiger0330

Legend
Just as the Wiz take the biggest lead of 7 pts Kuz shows his range and nails a 24 ft 3 and then finishes a fast break with a dunk on a dime from BJ, just down by 2 now.

Ah, we're making this easy on a Wizards team that is weak this year so far. We're playing like we're hungover.

and1

Rotation player
figures that one of the worst 3 shooting teams is lighting it up against us. this after our D seems to tighten up and improve over the past couple of games.

I hate to say it, but the refs are keeping us in this game. We have gotten a series of bailout calls. We've brought all the intensity of a Summer League game so far tonight.

and1

Rotation player
I hate to say it, but the refs are keeping us in this game. We have gotten a series of bailout calls. We've brought all the intensity of a Summer League game so far tonight.

yeah that's pretty true. but some of our plays have actually been pretty nice, we're just not getting the ball in the basket. our D needs picking up more than anything. only reason we're not in foul trouble is because we're letting them shoot 3s all over the place.

Down 10 to a team that didn't play all that well in the first half, outside of knocking down a bunch of open threes, and we got most of the calls. Our guys need to decide to wake the heck up at halftime and win this one or this is going to be a really embarrassing loss.

Kiyaman

Legend
Possible Starters lol .. Nice one for the Game-Thread Rady .. Jennings n Holiday instead of Rose n Lee would b a nice change of starters in a back to back vs Wall n Beal

I knew last night game was a one-game bazzar .. Melo n KP back to shooting below 40% fg