Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Oklahoma City Thunder Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Oklahoma City Thunder 7:30 pm 11/28/2016 [Game#17]

(10-8) -- (8-8)

Venue TV TIME
    Madison Square Garden, New York, NY MSG 7:30 PM EST

Possible starters:

Injury Report

Oklahoma City Thunder New York Knicks
    Cameron Payne - Right foot fracture (OUT) Lance Thomas - Sore left ankle (DOUBT)
    - -

Game Preview

Point guards Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook, chosen first and fourth, respectively, in the 2008 draft, will renew acquaintances on Monday when the New York Knicks host the Oklahoma City Thunder at Madison Square Garden.

Rose's Knicks (8-8) have won six straight at the Garden. Westbrook's Thunder (10-8) are 4-3 on the road.

Oklahoma City comes in after a 106-88 win over the Detroit Pistons on Saturday when Westbrook posted 17 points, 15 assists and 13 rebounds for his second consecutive triple-double and seventh this season. It was also his 44th career triple-double, which ties him with Cleveland's LeBron James. It took Westbrook 395 fewer games than James to achieve the milestone.

Westbrook passed Fat Lever in all-time triple doubles to move into sixth place all-time. The UCLA product had 18 games in which he was either one assist or one rebound short of a triple double.

Westbrook averaged 32 points against the Knicks in two games last season.

"He's a Hall of Fame player," Thunder coach Billy Donovan said of Westbrook. "I mean that's really what he is. He's a Hall of Fame player."

While Westbrook is humming along in his ninth season with the Thunder, averaging 31 points, 11 assists and 9.9 rebounds, Rose continues to get acclimated in his first season as New York's point guard. He's averaging 15.9 points and five assists a game.

The Knicks have recently lacked a point guard with Rose's ability to accelerate to the rim and bounce off the pick-and-roll for layups. His arrival in the Big Apple after an offseason trade with Chicago and the development of power forward Kristaps Porzingis have alleviated some of the scoring burden from Carmelo Anthony.

The 32-year-old forward, who has been the Knicks' top scorer since he arrived in a 2011 trade from Denver, has been buoyed by Rose, who he invited over for Thanksgiving dinner.

"It's an easy transition for me," Anthony told Newsday. "I always wanted somebody or other guys who can do it for me. Sometimes you want to play the back end and do what you do from that aspect. You don't always want to be in the driver's seat."

New York's other big offseason acquisition, center Joakim Noah, who played with Rose in Chicago, has struggled. He missed two games with flu-like symptoms, but since his return against the Charlotte Hornets on Friday, Noah hasn't provided much offense. Noah has scored in double-figures only once this season.

He played just 12 minutes in the 107-102 loss to Charlotte in the back-end of a home-and-home on Saturday and didn't take a shot, posting his fourth scoreless game of the season. He sat out the fourth quarter as the Knicks staged a late comeback.

"Those are not things I can control," Noah told the New York Post about being on the bench in the fourth quarter. "All I can control is my progress. I need to play better and I will. I just got to stay working. I need to play better and I will."

(cbssports.com)

We're going to have our hands full with this backcourt. Hopefully our guys are well rested and ready to come out with some hustle.
    Let's get it!

Veteran

rose better be rested... he'll be running a lot tonite... I don't think there is anyone as quick as westbrook... lets see drose's "D" tonite...

12th man

We beat them last year and lost 128-122 in the other. They're 10-8 not 18-0, no Durant and we've got a PG so they can be beat esp with the MSG crowd as our 6th man.

12th man

Another Great Game Thread Rady ...especially after the itis performance in Charlotte SMH

How bad do our Knick players n coach want to stay above .500
    When it come down to our Knicks we have to blame the head-coach also for our losses.
    I'm hoping coach Horny wrote up a speech tonite to hypnotized Knicks players on a must WIN tonite bc in the next 10 games we will have 7 of those games on the road and our performance on the road are the pits (1-6).

Does Russell Westbrook scare anyone? No!
    So what, Westbrook is the best all-around PG in the league .. So what, I believe Westbrook is the 2nd best super-star in the NBA .. I call Westbrook "Little-Lebron".
    The OKC Thunder has 8 losses which mean OKC can receive their 9th loss tonite in MSG.

I dont like the idea of not giving Noah playing time in the 4th qtr. or in the 2nd half of the game, then announcing Noah is ill .. When the truth is Noah dont play ISO-Ball !!!

12th man

Nice start. DRose stops Russ on one end and gets a circus layup on the other.

12th man

OKC up 58-55 at the half. I don't know when you speak to your so called star about a BS play but Melo dribbled the ball up the entire length of the court at his usual casual pace with a full 24 seconds, got to about 16 ft from the basket and launched a jumper that he missed, no attempt to pass to anyone or create a play even though he's 3-11. I wonder if he pissed off Horn with that play because he pissed me off.

Melo is 4-17 through 3 quarters. Lee and Noah complete non-factors. Our bench outscored by 20.... refs calling this like we are playing in oKC.... KP relatively quiet. We cant make a shot and we can't stop OKC. 88-81 but there's no chance we win this in the 4th.... OKC dominating the offensive glass. Oh well. Back under .500 we go for some time...

Amazing how refs allow Melo to get manhandled by a second year player but then call
    a bunch of touch fouls on our bigs. Adams walks every time he touches the ball it seems.

I don't think any coach can get to melo to play team ball for an entire season.

Melo should be benched the entire 4th quarter to send a message.

Hernangimez steals it and dribbles all the way in for a layup. Wow. KP finally hits a shot.... 6 point game. Here comes RW to end this for OKC.

At least we only have 3 turnovers

Adams travels and commits over the back foul.... neither is called.... absolutely terrible. 4 points for OKC is huge bc this is a close game!!!!

KP with a dunk (off a feed from Melo)... KP drains a 3.... but Adams collects another offensive rebound.

RW draws a cheap foul... Lee for three and noah blocks RW but Rose gets blocked and OKC sinks a 3... game set and match.