Would you trade DRose

tiger0330

Legend
Thibs has to be disappointed with his 5-11 start as the Pres and HC of the TWolves. There used to be a lot of love around here for Rubio and with DRose on a 1 year rental and perhaps an Amare type of contract if the Knicks sign him as a FA would you trade him for Rubio. I think a trade for DRose sets up great since DRose is having a good year and he's a former player for Thibs along with the poor start for his team.

According to the ESPN trade machine DRose and Ricky can be traded head up but it would be nice if Phil could get another young piece or draft picks for DRose, lot of wiggle room in this trade with the disparity in DRose's and Rubio's contracts.

Tom Thibodeau is not exactly a paragon of patience, which is why league sources expect that he is only a few more losses away from dealing one of his young stars for a veteran who can help him win now. His first look will be for a player he already knows and trusts because he?s already had that player in his system. Would the Lakers consider advancing their youth movement and dealing former Bull Luol Deng? Would the Bulls consider parting with Jimmy Butler or Taj Gibson? Where Thibs looks is not certain, nor is who he?d be willing to move. But those in the league who know his hunger to win and win now are convinced he will begin calling around soon, if he hasn?t already.

and1

Rotation player
i don't know if i'd be willing to do that, not just yet anyway. i like what rose is doing for us so far, especially when you consider he was behind the curve at the start of the season. he's not really the reason we're losing winnable games. but if we do, we'd better get something damn good in return, and i'd like to see a first round pick included in the deal thank you very much.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
17 games into the season, the first "would you trade" threads start to emerge. But, to answer your question, no, I wouldn't trade D-Rose right now. As a matter of fact I wouldn't trade anyone, because I want to see this team play together for a full year. We've been rebuilding this team the last 15 out of 16 seasons if I remember correctly. And that one time we weren't rebuilding, we finished 2nd in the East. This is the best roster we've got since Ewing, just let them play.

tiger0330

Legend
After his best game of the season, Berman wrote an article that the Knicks could extend DRose for 3 years at a 7.5% increase over the 21M a year he's making currently. We would be able to sign him to a 3yr/75M deal if he were extended, as a UFA his max contract with the Knicks could be worth upwards of 175M/5Yrs or a comparable amount for 4 yrs with another team. I doubt DRose is willing to sign an extension, he's going to gamble he can remain healthy and cash in on a possible max contract, the difference in money is just too much between an extension and max money.

So part of the question of whether you want to trade DRose centers on whether you want to pay him 175M remembering his injury history and the contracts of Amare and others that have put the Knicks in cap hell for years. If the Wolves were to offer Rubio, Lavine and a protected 1st I think PJ would have to consider it.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
How about:

Rose/Rubio
Lee/Jennings

I don't see it happening financially, but I'd love that. Rose, Rubio, and Curry are my favorite PGs in the league, so I'd love to have two of them.

Hey, we somehow wound up with Rose, so maybe we'll get Curry too:lol:.

Kiyaman

Legend
Please! No Rubio
I wanna finish the season with Rose/Jennings
All our losses last season and this season has come from our most minute played frontcourt players ISO-Melo and Future KP, neither protect the paint or dominate the glass.
Westbrook belong in a Knicks uniform !!!

paris401

Starter
Please! No Rubio
I wanna finish the season with Rose/Jennings
All our losses last season and this season has come from our most minute played frontcourt players ISO-Melo and Future KP, neither protect the paint or dominate the glass.
Westbrook belong in a Knicks uniform !!!

imagine the open looks KP and others would be getting with westbrook breaking down the D... ahhh to dream....

KingCharles34

All Star
We have to ask ourselves if Rose is the guy we want running the point for the next 4 or 5 years. Id wait til the trade deadline before deciding that, gotta see how Rose plays and evaluate what else is out there for point guards

However the team is built, Porzingis is the most important piece and the other pieces should compliment him

tiger0330

Legend
Found this in a Fansided article about guys the Knicks could target in a trade. I've always been critical of Rubio's shooting and this video analyzes why Rubio's poor shooting affects the TWolves offense when defenders sag off him because of his poor shooting and take away space for bigs to get easy buckets inside. It's hard to get anything back for DRose or Jennings since they'll be FA's this off-season but the TWolves may be motivated to get rid of Rubio to shed his contract and improve the team this season by taking DRose for a 1/2 season rental. Key for the Knicks in doing a trade for Rubio is what the record is at the trade deadline and if they can get other assets from the TWolves besides Rubio.

3. Ricky Rubio, Minnesota Timberwolves

Position: Point Guard
Experience: 6th Season
2016-17 Slash Line: .365/.278/.863
2016-17 Season Averages: 31.5 MPG, 7.3 PPG, 7.3 APG, 4.1 RPG, 1.8 SPG, 0.7 3PM

Six seasons into his NBA career, Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio has been wildly inefficient. That’s continued into 2016-17, as Rubio has shot just 36.5 percent from the field and 27.8 percent from beyond the arc.

For as atrocious as his shooting from the field and 3-point range may be, Rubio borders on elite as both a facilitator and a defender.

Rubio’s passing is Mark Jackson-esque in the way he runs the floor and makes crisp passes to shooters and slashers alike. He’s an exceptional pick and roll facilitator who takes care of the ball and creates scoring opportunities.
Rubio is also one of the best defensive players at his position, as evidenced by the fact he’s ranked in the Top 5 amongst point guards in Defensive Real Plus-Minus in four consecutive seasons.
Rubio’s poor scoring touch is an obvious concern, which is why he may not be the best player for New York to pursue. He’s signed to an affordable contract, however, which is intriguing given the fact that both Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings are pending free agents.

Both Rose and Jennings are reestablishing themselves as dynamic playmakers, but if Phil Jackson finds one or the other underwhelming, Rubio could be the answer.

Broadway

All Star
Hey I don't what else to say here, but nothing irks me more than him being a Knick and a starting guard at that.

paris401

Starter
being reported he had a 'family matter', hence his trip to Chicago... did his cell phone run out of power??? maybe he used up all his mins n didn't want to pay overage charges... after all he's only making 20m... tough to make ends meet...

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks looked terrible w/o him last night, he might be a one trick pony but the Knicks looked different without him penetrating and breaking down the Pels D. Bottom line is they need him to turn around this season, they probably treat him with kid gloves even after bailing on the team Monday.

mafra

Legend
We can only dream: from Inquisitr

"Current NBA trade rumors are buzzing about a potential swap between the Boston Celtics, New York Knicks, and Chicago Bulls. The structure of this rumored proposal is as follows: the Celtics would obtain Jimmy Butler and power forward Taj Gibson, while the Knicks would come out of this transaction with Jae Crowder, power forward Amir Johnson, and the Brooklyn Nets’ first-round pick in 2017 (currently owned by Boston). The Bulls would welcome Carmelo Anthony, small forward Jaylen Brown, and the Celtics’ first-round pick in 2018."

tiger0330

Legend
We can only dream: from Inquisitr

"Current NBA trade rumors are buzzing about a potential swap between the Boston Celtics, New York Knicks, and Chicago Bulls. The structure of this rumored proposal is as follows: the Celtics would obtain Jimmy Butler and power forward Taj Gibson, while the Knicks would come out of this transaction with Jae Crowder, power forward Amir Johnson, and the Brooklyn Nets’ first-round pick in 2017 (currently owned by Boston). The Bulls would welcome Carmelo Anthony, small forward Jaylen Brown, and the Celtics’ first-round pick in 2018."
Not a chance in hell, I don't see the Knicks talking Melo into going to Chicago.

mafra

Legend
BOS is our only hope: Crowder and BKLYN's 2017 1st rounder is about as good as it can get. I doubt he will allow this tho.... Melo probably wants to outlast Phil in NY. Would he go to HOU or OKC? LAC? CLE?

mafra

Legend
Would it be possbike to convince PHI to send Okafor for Rose? Or Minny to send Rubio for Rose?

Rose, Simmons, Embid, Noel is a start. They have money to overpay Rose and bother minny and PHI could use the vet PG to help the kids.