Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Minnesota Timberwolves 8:00 pm 11/30/2016 [Game#18]

rady

Administrator
Staff member

header.jpg

NYK.gif
AT.png
MIN.gif

(8-9) -- (5-12)

VenueTVTIME
Target Center, Minneapolis, MNMSG8:00 PM EST

Possible starters:

2546.png
203952.png

204001.png
203476.png

201149.png
1626157.png

201584.png
203897.png

201565.png
201937.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksMinnesota Timberwolves
Lance Thomas - Sore Left Ankle (OUT)Shabazz Muhammad - Sore right knee (TBD)
-Nikola Pekovic - Recurring pain in right ankle (OUT)
-Brandon Rush - Sprained right big toe (OUT)
--

Game Preview

The Minnesota Timberwolves need to find a way to right the ship after once again failing to close out a game, the latest instance coming Monday against the Utah Jazz.

They'll have two straight chances against the New York Knicks to do so. Minnesota hosts New York on Wednesday at Target Center before traveling to Madison Square Garden for another game against the Knicks on Friday.

Coach Tom Thibodeau was not pleased after his team's latest performance, a 113-103 loss to the Jazz in which Minnesota took a lead in the fourth before letting the game get away.

In several instances this season, the third quarter has been Minnesota's Achilles heel. In the loss to Utah, the fourth quarter was the undoing for the Timberwolves (5-12).

"We came back in the second half, had the lead in the fourth quarter. Then we didn't do the things that are necessary to win," Thibodeau told the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "So it's getting a pick-and-roll, walking out a man. It's passing up a good shot to get a great shot, sprinting back every time."

The Knicks (8-9) are on a two-game skid of their own after winning five of six.

The latest loss was a 112-103 defeat at the hands of Oklahoma City on Monday in New York. Derrick Rose's 30-point effort wasn't enough as New York was on the wrong end of Russell Westbrook's triple-double.

"That 30 don't mean anything when we lose," Rose told the New York Times. "And the way that we lost, there wasn't any grit. There wasn't any grind. Can't come out and play like that, period."

Rose and teammate Joakim Noah will see a familiar face on the Minnesota sideline Wednesday night as their previous coach in Chicago is now in his first year as the bench boss of the Timberwolves.

"We've been through a lot together," Thibodeau told the Star Tribune. "I'm glad to see them doing well. ... I think New York is an ideal situation. I'm happy for them. I won't be happy for them (Wednesday). But they're good guys."

Noah and Co. will need to do a better job on the glass Wednesday than the Knicks did on Monday. New York was outrebounded 53-40 by the Thunder. Noah had just three boards.

Through 17 games this year, the Knicks have been one of the 10 best rebounding teams in the NBA. They now go up against a Timberwolves team that has been one of the worst.

"I want to play better, obviously," Noah told the New York Post. "I know personally I have to play better for this team to get to where we want to get to."

Minnesota's young core of players is finding out the hard way what it takes to win -- or, in their case, lose -- close games. Four of the Wolves' last five losses have been by four points or less, adding to the growing pains of youngsters Karl-Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins and Zach LaVine.

"Everyone's frustrated," Wiggins told the St. Paul Pioneer Press. "It's not fun to lose."

(cbssports.com)

and1

Rotation player
thread looks good!
obviously thibs has briefed his players on how best to defend rose and make noah's life as uncomfortable as possible. let's see how they respond. maybe this is a series of games that helps noah rekindle his hustle fire.
let's get it!

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
Good thread :thumbsup:

I def wanna see the Porzingis-Towns matchup. I haven't seen KAT's style of play aside from a couple highlights, so I will be looking forward to seeing how he goes up against KP

tiger0330

Legend
Hard to believe the TWolves are the betting favorite in this game, which tells you this won't be a laugher for the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
For some reason I didn't think the timberwolves were this bad lol

I didnt know the Timberwolves were doing so bad (5-12) till i read the Game Thread ...
Great Game-Thread Rady .. Wow! I thought Thibs were going to take the Wolves to a winning season n playoff run .. I also thought Thibs were going to call FA Noah over the summer to sign with the Timberwolves .. i was shocked by Noah signing with the Knicks .. $72M for 4 years, it must be the money $$$

Heck No! i dont want no-part of Rubio in NY .. Rose n Jennings should score 20 pts a piece on Rubio tonite.
However .. I wonder will our ISO-Melo let us win both these games vs the Timberwolves ???

tiger0330

Legend
Good thread :thumbsup:

I def wanna see the Porzingis-Towns matchup. I haven't seen KAT's style of play aside from a couple highlights, so I will be looking forward to seeing how he goes up against KP
He's shooting over 40% from 3 and his post game is better than KP's. Wiggins is also shooting 40% from 3, really surprised the Wolves have the record they have with their 2 young guns shooting so well.

Kiyaman

Legend
He's shooting over 40% from 3 and his post game is better than KP's. Wiggins is also shooting 40% from 3, really surprised the Wolves have the record they have with their 2 young guns shooting so well.

Rubio average 30 minute of playing time per game!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
PORZINGIS with the block getting even with Mohammed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
58-49 Knicks at the half. Lost Clee for the rest of the game with a sprained ankle. Quinn started for Noah who has a sprained ankle also.

Melo looking very subdued not taking a shot the first 10 mins. Looks like he took the ISO Melo criticism seriously.

KP having a nice game with 16 pts but nothing like KAT is having with 26 pts on 10-11.

tiger0330

Legend
Heck No! i dont want no-part of Rubio in NY .. Rose n Jennings should score 20 pts a piece on Rubio tonite.
However .. I wonder will our ISO-Melo let us win both these games vs the Timberwolves ???
Rubio one of the reasons the Wolves are losing. 6 years in the league and he still can't shoot. The Knicks bench also big outscoring them 19-5.

tiger0330

Legend
DRose goes out with 4 fouls mid 3rd. Fouling still a Knick problem with the Wolves taking 25FTs to the Knicks 8. Knicks are already in the penalty middle of the 3rd, Wolves scoring almost all their points from the line in the 3rd.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Thibs reminds me of Jeff Vandummy a defensive assistant that got promoted to head coach and inherited veteran rosters to pad their winning pct in the NBA

Thibs is getting exposed with the babywolves and Vandummy got exposed in Houston and hasn't coached since..

mafra

Legend
DRose goes out with 4 fouls mid 3rd. Fouling still a Knick problem with the Wolves taking 25FTs to the Knicks 8. Knicks are already in the penalty middle of the 3rd, Wolves scoring almost all their points from the line in the 3rd.

That fourth foul was about as close to a touch foul as one can get. If not for the refs, Knicks are up
by 30. Kind of hard to detriment what is more perplexing: Kat shooting 16 FTs or fact he has 1 foul. Amazing.

Melo cold again.... 4-13.

mafra

Legend
Plumlee with the Off board and deeds Kuz.... bang.... another 3 for the 27-yr-old rookie. Knicks up 91-78. Knicks need to take advantage of the schedule right now! Win this game.

tiger0330

Legend
Should have had Plumlee in for the OKC game. He would have been a good match up for Kanter and Adams, doing a nice job against Towns. 5 RBs for MP.