Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Minnesota Timberwolves 7:30 pm 12/02/2016 [Game#19]

Kiyaman

Legend
I really don't see how much more Noah gives you over Quinn, people criticize Quinn for being inconsistent but that's Noah as well.

Its about F ing time!
Knicks management finally gave O'Quinn 30 minute of playing time as a Knick.
The only thing inconsistent bout O'Quinn has been the crazy minute of playing time Fisher/Rambis/Horn has been given to Quinn.

Truth be told .. Noah n Lee veteran performance are to advance to be playing against coach Thibs joke of a NO-Defense (5-14) Timberwolves team lol

mafra

Legend
Its about F ing time!
Knicks management finally gave O'Quinn 30 minute of playing time as a Knick.
The only thing inconsistent bout O'Quinn has been the crazy minute of playing time Fisher/Rambis/Horn has been given to Quinn.

Truth be told .. Noah n Lee veteran performance are to advance to be playing against coach Thibs joke of a NO-Defense (5-14) Timberwolves team lol

Phil takes a lot of abuse (both by the media and by fans)... but maybe people should start thinking he knows what he's doing. He stated publicly that's Thibs overuse if his players (burning them out by playing them too many minutes) was a major issue. Already, Thibs is playing 3 starters too much.

no matter what else PJ does, he got the KP pick right.... which means he did his job. All of his moves have sound ball logic behind them, even if some don't work out. He's assembled a quality team. Not hiring Thibbs looks brilliant right now.

Kiyaman

Legend
Phil takes a lot of abuse (both by the media and by fans)... but maybe people should start thinking he knows what he's doing. He stated publicly that's Thibs overuse if his players (burning them out by playing them too many minutes) was a major issue. Already, Thibs is playing 3 starters too much.

no matter what else PJ does, he got the KP pick right.... which means he did his job. All of his moves have sound ball logic behind them, even if some don't work out. He's assembled a quality team. Not hiring Thibbs looks brilliant right now.

Coach Thibs and the Timberwolves organization are challenging Cuban's Mavs, 76ers, Nets, and Jeff Horn's ex-team Suns for the last place record to receive the highest amount of lottery-balls.
Thibs are widely known for his defensive-setup n system .. we watch two games of the Knicks vs Timberwolves to find out the Timberwolves have no type of defensive-plan within their system, which leads me to think .. TANKING!

President Phil Jackson 3 offseason decision-making for the Knicks has graded a big "F" for failure .. drafting a 7 foot KP whom is very clueless of playing the center position (after a year n change in NBA) does not give any plus points to Phil's Knicks record 59-124

We have a poor-man PF in Melo and KP, they both average 38% FG, 7 rebounds, above 15 FGA, plus 34 or more minute playing time.

and1

Rotation player
i would be very hesitant to give him an F. i thought getting RoLo last year to help KP in the frontcourt for his rookie season was a pretty brilliant move. i think getting holiday included in the deal for rose was also a very solid move. speaking of rose, he's doing things we've needed from a PG for a long time. the closest we've had to a rose-type PG over the last several years was raymond felton. and i kind of liked felton, but he's no dRose. i think signing jennings for 5 mil was a very solid move as well. courtney lee seemed to be improving with his shot right before he sprained his ankle. and it's starting to look like bringing hernangomez and the kuz is going to turn out to be a solid move as well. and don't forget about this randle guy who seems to be kind of killing it over in westchester.
now let's talk about the busts. trading chandler for calderon and dalembert. that's kind of a no-brainer. i'm sure he could've found a better deal somewhere. for THAT particular move he gets an F. practially giving away JR and shump for practically nothing in return was not the savviest of moves. signing afflalo. to me, afflalo's failure here was probably more the result of running too much triangle and the fact that most of the guys just don't like using it. i'm still undecided on that one.
as far as KP goes... i've never ever, from the moment we drafted him, saw him or thought of him as a center, at least not for more than 5 minutes a game. it still boggles my mind that some people want to see him as our starting center. i saw him, and still see him, as a kevin durant type. i don't think he should EVER be our starting center. that would just be coaching for the fans.
i would give phil, at this point, a solid C for signing and drafting moves during his time here. that could change to a solid B if we're in the playoffs this year and looking good, especially if rose and jennings are still healthy and holiday turns out to be a consistent solid piece to come off the bench and produce for us.