201585.png
203124.png

201167.png
203200.png

201954.png
201565.png

Injury Report

Sacramento KingsNew York Knicks
No injuries to reportJoakim Noah - Sprained left ankle (PROB)
-Courtney Lee - Sprained left ankle (DOUB)
-

Game Preview

With an ailing Joakim Noah forced to the bench by a sprained ankle, the New York Knicks have turned to reserve center Kyle O'Quinn to supplement their scoring and rebounding.

The Knicks (10-9) are 4-0 when O'Quinn is in the starting lineup. New York will look to improve its 9-3 record at Madison Square Garden on Sunday when it hosts the Sacramento Kings.

Shooting guard Courtney Lee (ankle) sat out Friday and is day-to-day for New York, which has not been two games over .500 since Nov. 21 last season.

O'Quinn had his first double-double of the season in the Knicks' 118-114 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday. He scored 20 points and pulled in 13 rebounds.

After the game, Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek was understandably non-committal about Noah returning to the starting spot when he is healthy.

"We'll see when that happens," Hornacek said. "Right now we're just happy. We just won a game."

O'Quinn is taking his new role in stride.

"It doesn't matter to me," he said. "Whatever coach decides to do, I'll roll with it. Starting, coming off the bench - as long as I'm in the mix. Whatever he decides. What am I going to argue with him?

"Joakim didn't go nowhere," O'Quinn said. "He's still sitting next to me, talking to me every timeout, like a coach. Much appreciated."

Carmelo Anthony took a season-high 10 3-pointers, making five in the back end of the home-and-home series with Minnesota. He scored 29 points - the ninth time this season he's collected 20 or more points.

Sacramento (7-12) is 3-6 over its last nine games, but only one of those losses was by double figures - including a 97-92 decision at Boston on Friday.

"We've got to look ourselves in the mirror and hold ourselves accountable," Kings center DeMarcus Cousins told the Sacramento Bee. "If you know you're not giving 100 percent at the beginning of the game, you're the issue - myself and everybody else in this room included. So it's on us."

Arron Afflalo returns to the Garden as the Kings' starting shooting guard. He spent last season in the same role with the Knicks. He's averaging 8.6 points per game.

The Kings are Afflalo's sixth team. He was drafted by Detroit in 2007 and spent two seasons there before being traded to the Denver Nuggets. Four years later, he was traded to the Orlando Magic in the Andrew Bynum-Dwight Howard deal. He averaged a career-high 18.2 points per game in 2014 with the Magic before being traded back to the Nuggets.

The UCLA product also played for Portland before signing with the Knicks last offseason. He out of his contract and signed with the Kings over the summer.

"I knew we kind of had a new team coming," Afflalo told Basketball Insiders. "I was a fan of (Kings coach Dave) Joerger and the way he coached in Memphis. Just happy to be a little bit closer to home, and Sacramento was one of the early teams that reached out, and they won. It just felt like a good fit at the time."

The Kings swept the two-game series last season by a combined 10 points.

(cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Noah back in the starting lineup.

Melo smacked in the mouth in the 1st qtr, no foul called despite getting cut and going to the locker room for stitches.

KP having a crap night but the Knicks are up big 45-27. Speaks well for the depth when you have a key guy off and they're still scoring at a high level. Team seems to be coming together.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks up 55-41 despite Melo and KP shooting a combined 5-20. Kings shooting 30% largely responsible for the Knicks big lead and the Knicks 8-17 3 pt shooting, Rose having a good game and taking up the slack for KP.

tiger0330

Legend
Nice fancy ball handling display by KP, looked like Jennings dribbling the ball near the 3pt line and then driving the ball in for a layup.

tiger0330

Legend
Clyde kills me I don't know if he's serious asking Breen why Collison missed 8 games. Does he not read a newspaper, watch NBA TV, ESPN or have an internet connection.☺

mafra

Legend
SAC hits a flurry of threes then NYK foul Kings on 6 consecutive possessions.... 18-0 run makes this an interesting affair as we head into the fourth. BJ saves the day at end of quarter tho.... Rose outstanding in the first half... KP 4-15 shooting. Just like the MIN games tho... Knicks got lackadaisical playing with the big lead. With Gay and Cousins, this could be a brutal loss if we play poorly in the fourth.

mafra

Legend
KP does an AI crossover for a nice layup (almost as sweet as KOQ full court dribble and dunk).... SAC announcer goes : "last time I saw a 7"3 guy do that was never."

tiger0330

Legend
BJ Rucker street ball between the legs backward pass on the break to a trailing KP. Didn't convert but did get FTs.

mafra

Legend
Some of the worst unforced errors you'll ever see.... Knicks doing all they can to hand this game to SAC. Refs allow Cousins to shove Noah 3 times after the whistle. Terrible.

mafra

Legend
Rudy Gay travels before he starts his drive.... isn't called.... he hits the jumper and is fouled.
huge free three points gifted to sAC.

mafra

Legend
Cousins demolishes KP, throwing shoulder into KP.... not called. But WCS gets the call in an and-1.... HUGE free six points gifted to SAC now in the finals minutes.

mafra

Legend
PG play for NYK the difference tonight. SAC employs hack-a-Noah after Melo fails to box out Gay.... Noah bricks both.... they foul Noah again (even tho he never walks on to the court after impounding it).... he misses both again but KP saves the day with a big block.

dk7th

Benchwarmer
rose overhandling and bricking. predictable. can't have that in a new york point guard the next several years. pathetic.

mafra

Legend
PG play for NYK the difference tonight. SAC employs hack-a-Noah after Melo fails to box out Gay.... Noah bricks both.... try foul him again and he misses two more. But KP with a big block.... big off rebounds and a block
by KOq

mafra

Legend
Not pretty but another win nonetheless. We take them any way we can.... must finish this and beat MIA bc CLE and a 5 game Weest coast trip looms. They keep defending their home court tho
amd beat the "bad" teams.