Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Cleveland Cavaliers 8:00 pm 12/07/2016 [Game#22]

jimkcchief88

All Star
Love doesn't drive to the basket, scouting report is stay on Love on the perimeter, Porzingus is showing his age against the champs. That 1st qtr defense on Love just set it off for the Cavs.
Yes but Love has midrange game and is not afraid to put the ball on the floor just a bad matchup for KP all the way around and Lebitch was feeding Love so....

mafra

Legend
CLE came into MSG determined to stick it to Phil (Melo almost seemed complicit in this too). CLE shot 22-40 from three. Just like their previous matchup.... I stopped watching a few minutes into the second half. Melo &'KP combine for 20.... team had way too many unforced errors.... missed too many open shots. Still, if they go 3-2 on the WC trip... this game means little (other than hammering home point we have no hope beating CLE in the post season)

Kiyaman

Legend
I would be disgusted too Knicks been down by double digits the whole game

So True!
Thanks for another great Game Thread Rady .. yesterday Game Thread did bring back some old memories of the Knicks vs Heat rival .. Great Job!

We were stuck on stupid from the start go .. letting the Cavs take a 36-26 lead in first quarter in MSG .. showed we gave up hope for a win n quit at the start of tip-off. If we played hard the first half of the game for the Cavs to have a 5 point lead at halftime then we calapsed in the 2nd half then i could say the back to back n plane ride were to much for us to handle against the championship Cavs. But we were outscored by the Cavs in all 4 quarters .....

The reason why the majority of winning teams develop a 2nd unit of bench-player lineup are for back to back games, and playing 4 games in 6 days. Coach Horn has not develop or use a bench lineup in his daily rotation. Our fresh-legs bench player lineup in the 4th quarter showed no team-ball confidence, but the all bench lineup did show a great hustle effort on both sides of the court to score 29 points in the 4th quarter, the highest points we scored in each quarter of the game.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are now 0-5 on the second leg of back-to-backs...

Each of our games this season coach Horn been giving the majority of playing time to Melo/KP/Rose/and Lee throughout his daily game rotation, when these 4 players get tired and start lacking on defense/offense none of them has yet to ask to come out of the game, plus coach Horn will watch each of the 4 players poor effort at getting back on defense 3 to 6 times down the court before calling a time-out rather than take the starters out the game for rest and coaching on the bench.
We have some dynamic bench-players (Jennings/Sasha/Holiday/Willy/Quinn/and 6th man Kuz/Plumlee) we need to develop during the season into a confident lineup to use in our rotation as a 2nd-unit plan for back to back games.

and1

Rotation player
Another disgusting disparity in FT attempts. Neither KP nor melo got to the free throw line against the cavs surprise surprise. Neither KP nor melo led the team in anything: points nor rebounds. This was a night where we needed lee and holiday to be more aggressive with their offense and shooting, take more shots, more back door cuts to the basket and such.
Another bad shooting night for KP. Another night where we leave shooters open around the perimeter. We clearly missed rose tonight. There just were not enough drives to the basket. Jennings did okay in that aspect, but it wasn’t enough.
It should be clear by now that playing noah in both games of a back to back is not a good idea. Pick one of the two games, start him, and then sit him for the other one. Trying to start him for both will only make him a liability out there. He needs to get right again, and playing him both games of a back to back is not a good way to do it. Hopefully the coaches will figure this out soon because we have a rough schedule coming up in january in terms of back to backs.
Hernangomez grabs 7 rebounds in 14 minutes. The Q grabs 7 rebounds in 20 minutes. KP grabs 3 rebounds in 29 minutes.

tiger0330

Legend
xw7r0Hn.jpg

tiger0330

Legend
Too much to expect to beat the champs on a back to back w/o your starting PG. They killed us from the 3 pt line, maybe Horn should adopt a 2-3 zone against strong 3 pt shooting teams in a back to back.

Now let's see what this team is made of playing the weak sisters of the west except for the Warriors. I'd take 3-2 coming back with a better record than when we left.

Kiyaman

Legend
We have a roster of players that has the talent to go 4-1 on this road trip .. our big problem lies in our coach substitution and weak rotation lineups

mafra

Legend
D-leaguer Higgins got away with a blatant push and elbow to the back, from behind, to KP's back early in the first quarter. Should've been an and-1.... ref had clear line of sight and just swallowed his whistle. "Incidental" contact I guess. Yeah right.

Then D-league Higgins was allowed to get away with a track and field move, the triple jump, after catching a pass at top of key, before taking a dribble. This wasn't called.... Melo fouls Love.... 3 FTs were awarded.

Its one thing if this is Lebron or dude is on a fastbreak and going in for the slam.... but seriously? 30 feet from basketball, without a defender within 5 feet... and he steps, jumps forward and lands, steps again before a dribble?

and a scrub can crash into KP from behind, as he's jumping for a layup, shove elbow into back and drive him under the hoop towards the baseline?

i get this is a tough game to call, but if you miss those two obvious plays.... with nothing to obstruct your vision and view of the play... turn in your whistle Mr bald spot.

Then there was the tipped ball out of bounds on Kyrie that was given to CLE.... same ref missed Melo tackling Lebron once too...

Like I always say though.... we play 82 road games.

i have videos of both plays.... too bad I don't know how to embed them!