Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Cleveland Cavaliers 8:00 pm 12/07/2016 [Game#22]

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
rady edit: Weissenberg is busy, i'm taking this over!

header.jpg

CLE.gif
AT.png
NYK.gif

(14-5) -- (11-9)

VenueTVTIME
Madison Square Garden, New York, NYMSG8:00 PM EST

Possible starters:

2544.png
2546.png

201567.png
204001.png

202684.png
201149.png

2747.png
201584.png

202681.png
201565.png

Injury Report

Cleveland Cavaliers/B]

[TD]New York Knicks[/TD]

[TR]
[TD]Mo Williams - Not with team (OUT)[/TD]
[TD]Derrick Rose - Sore lower back (QUEST)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]JR Smith - Sore left knee (TBD)[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]

Game Preview

The Cleveland Cavaliers could be without one of their key ingredients when they face the New York Knicks on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden.

Guard J.R. Smith's knee buckled late in the first quarter of Cleveland's 116-112 win at Toronto on Monday. An MRI showed no structural damage to his knee. He is listed day-to-day.

"I just landed wrong," Smith told the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "Was just trying to shoot my normal floater and I came down on it wrong."

Smith was hurt after converting with 1:52 left in the first quarter. He landed awkwardly on the shot but made it to the defensive end before collapsing in pain.

The former Knick isn't the only banged-up player on Cleveland. Before Smith went down against the Raptors, LeBron James landed awkwardly after converting an alley-oop in the first quarter. He hurt his left knee on the play but was able to stay in the game after a timeout.

He recovered fine, posting a season-best 34 points on a season-high 26 shots.

"It was a bang-bang play, a little undercut on the lob and I fell on my knee a little bit wrong," James said. "It's been better, but I was able to finish the game so that's a positive. Get a lot of treatment around the clock and get ready for Wednesday."

Cleveland is looking for its eighth straight win over the Knicks.

Channing Frye, Cleveland's best long-range shooter, has missed five games because of the deaths of his mother and father.

Mike Dunleavy, a key reserve, hasn't really produced and the Cavaliers have basically played all season without a backup point guard, but Cleveland owns the best record (14-5) in the Eastern Conference,

In 45 games against the Knicks, James is averaging 27.2 points, seven rebounds and seven assists. On opening night, James recorded the first of his three triple-doubles this season -- 19 points, 14 assists and 11 rebounds -- in a 117-88 win at Cleveland.

The Knicks (12-9) are coming off a 114-103 win at Miami, where Carmelo Anthony scored 35 points for the second time this season. Second-year forward Kristaps Porzingis recorded 14 points and 12 rebounds and center Joakim Noah, who has been plagued by illness and injuries, had his finest game as a Knick. The free-agent acquisition from the Chicago Bulls scored 10 points and pulled in 10 rebounds.

Derrick Rose left Tuesday's game with back spasms after playing 22 minutes and scoring 10 points. His status for Wednesday was uncertain.

New York is 0-4 on the second night of back-to-backs. The resurgent Knicks are over .500 this late in the season for just the third time in 12 years.

(cbssports.com)

Last edited by a moderator:

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks Rady for the game thread.

Honestly believe Lebron is the closest thing to Superman given how hard he plays and the number of games he's played in his career. Westbrook is another guy that goes 100 miles and hour that's been relatively healthy save a knee injury caused by Patrick Beverly of the Rockets.

LeBron James landed awkwardly after converting an alley-oop in the first quarter. He hurt his left knee on the play but was able to stay in the game after a timeout.

He recovered fine, posting a season-best 34 points on a season-high 26 shots.

"It was a bang-bang play, a little undercut on the lob and I fell on my knee a little bit wrong," James said. "It's been better, but I was able to finish the game so that's a positive. Get a lot of treatment around the clock and get ready for Wednesday."

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Tough games for the knicks tonight, this is a team you can't hold the ball for 5 seconds unless the defense warrants it.

The young guys can't handle this type of pressure in a close game at MSG in the 4th qtr.

Hopefully the vets get enough of rest and our role players really perform tonight and outscore Cleveland's bench in the early periods. Porzingis has to do a better job of watching Kevin Love on the perimeter shoot open Jump shots for 3.

Can Jennings keep Kyrie honest on defense so he doesn't get steals helping out.

Thomas ,Kuz and O'Quinn& Holiday must play their best tonight.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Is D Rose gonna play at all? Sorry fellas I'm the jinx watching this national TV game so we will lose by 20. Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that the CAvs are the defending champs and have LJ and Kyrie. Don't embarrass us tonight Knicks

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Waiting to see Jeff's rotation tonight, his bench needs to outplay Cleveland bench to have a chance tonight.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Nice rotation so far, but somebody tell Porzingus to guard Love at the 3 pt line this is unacceptable.

If not put Lance on him until he understands Cleveland's bigs hits 3's

jimkcchief88

All Star
Love is a bad matchup for KP not enough lateral quickness to stay in front and KP can't close the distance between the shooter Love to stop the three. Looks like a different team without DRose

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Love is a bad matchup for KP not enough lateral quickness to stay in front and KP can't close the distance between the shooter Love to stop the three. Looks like a different team without DRose

Love doesn't drive to the basket, scouting report is stay on Love on the perimeter, Porzingus is showing his age against the champs. That 1st qtr defense on Love just set it off for the Cavs.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Time to Let the yoots play and get some run , this back to back flying from Miami killed our teams starters.

These are the champs