Carmelo's help defense

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Playing good Defensive for an entire game it's an act of your will. You must be engaged to be involved.

Melo is the leader of this team, but instead using his energy of diving out of bounds for loose balls (that was already out of bounds) he needs to use his energy to rotate over more and help protect the rim.

Too many times I've seen the leader of the team stand flat foot watching somebody blow right by him.

The coach and guys on the bench watch his inactivity on defense.

He only tries hard when the guy is directly in front of him.

Me thinks he played zone too much at the Cuse. LOL:peace:

tiger0330

Legend
He's a great scorer but he doesn't have the motor, athleticism or lateral quickness to be a great defender as well as being a great scorer, luckily his scoring ability doesn't rely on physical ability he doesn't possess.

I did appreciate that hustle play diving on the floor to try to save that ball from going out of bounds yesterday though.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
He's a great scorer but he doesn't have the motor, athleticism or lateral quickness to be a great defender as well as being a great scorer, luckily his scoring ability doesn't rely on physical ability he doesn't possess.

I did appreciate that hustle play diving on the floor to try to save that ball from going out of bounds yesterday though.

You are correct Tiger , Melo doesn't have great lateral movement to defend, but he can take some charges then, offensively he loves running into the defender with bully ball. He loves the contact. I just think he can help the team play better defense, if he were the one who sets the standards on how to play defense .

Kiyaman

Legend
You are correct Tiger , Melo doesn't have great lateral movement to defend, but he can take some charges then, offensively he loves running into the defender with bully ball. He loves the contact. I just think he can help the team play better defense, if he were the one who sets the standards on how to play defense .

The NY Giants outstanding DEFENSE beat the 12-2 Dallas Cowboys again this season!

Melo's leadership on defense has been his biggest flaw as a team roll-player in the NBA.
For years i watched a lot of Melo's teammates watch Melo's poor defensive performance night after night from the bench get very upset when they get yanked out the game by the coach when they do not cover for Melo's flaws on the defensive end.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
The NY Giants outstanding DEFENSE beat the 12-2 Dallas Cowboys again this season!

Melo's leadership on defense has been his biggest flaw as a team roll-player in the NBA.
For years i watched a lot of Melo's teammates watch Melo's poor defensive performance night after night from the bench get very upset when they get yanked out the game by the coach when they do not cover for Melo's flaws on the defensive end.

Kyle Oquin is getting feed up with Melo's lack of defense.He yelled at him in a game about a week or so ago.

pat

Starter
Me thinks he played zone too much at the Cuse. LOL:peace:

If you want to play the zone (no matter which) properly and defend the three ball as well, you'll have to move about more and more quickly than in a
one-on-one defense.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
If you want to play the zone (no matter which) properly and defend the three ball as well, you'll have to move about more and more quickly than in a
one-on-one defense.

Yea but you have a lot of help on defense by other teammates by playing a zone.

You don't have t play as hard defensively, you can cheat a lot during a game and preserve your stamina for the 4th qtr.

rickjv3

Rookie
Does anyone remember Melo sprinting down the court for a come behind block on opponents fast break? I don't think I have.