1626167.png
201149.png

203922.png
201584.png

201952.png
201943.png

Injury Report

Indiana PacersNew York Knicks
Rodney Stuckey - Sore left hamstring (QUEST)Derrick Rose - Sore lower back (QUEST)
Monta Ellis - Right groin strain (QUEST)-

Game Preview

NEW YORK -- Relying on a last-second shot to get a win on the first night of a back-to-back is not necessarily the preference for the Indiana Pacers.

It still beats the alternative and now the Pacers will try to complete the back-to-back sweep Tuesday night when they visit the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden.

Indiana (15-14) is playing its 10th game in the last 15 days. The Pacers have won five of those games and four of their last six overall.

On Monday, Indiana needed Thaddeus Young's short jumper with 0.9 of a second remaining to get a 107-105 victory over the Washington Wizards. Young's dramatic game-winner occurred after the Pacers held an eight-point lead with 4:05 remaining.

"We would have liked to come out and played a lot better, especially knowing we have a back-to-back on the road against a tough New York team," Indiana forward Paul George said. "We would have like to take care of business, freshen our legs, but we got the win."

George scored 27 points Monday and has reached 20 points in eight of his last 10 games while emerging into more of a leadership role.

"It's been different for me," he told NBA.com. "I've been used to having (more established teammates). They always had a level of play they've always been at, so it was easy to feed off them.

"Now guys are feeding off me. I have to be the first one to step forth on that."

George is averaging 21.8 points, slightly below last season's career-best 23.8 average.

The Pacers are 1-5 on the second night of back-to-backs and face a team they have won seven straight against.

New York (14-13) returns home following a disappointing 2-3 Western Conference road trip. The trip began with wins over the Sacramento Kings and Los Angeles but ended with a 127-114 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Saturday.

Carmelo Anthony returned from resting his shoulder Thursday and scored 29 points while Brandon Jennings added 14 in place of Derrick Rose. Jennings has scored 53 points in four starts for Rose, who is expected to return from back spasms.

Rose scored 25 points on 12-of-16 shooting in New York's win over the Lakers and exited after playing 10 minutes last Tuesday in Phoenix.

"That's the plan," Rose told reporters after Monday's practice. "I just want to put all these injuries behind me and get on with the season.

"I think it's just a one-shot thing. Before I fell I wasn't worried about it. Things like this are going to happen. It comes with the season -- bumps and falls. I just got to find a way around it. I can't let it get to me mentally."

Rose has been a catalyst for the Knicks with his ability to burst through the lane and facilitate. His absence has been clearly felt. The Knicks have lost three straight and have gone 1-3 in games Rose has missed.

Rose is averaging 16.4 points on 45.6 percent shooting, four rebounds and 4.4 assists per game. It is his highest shooting percentage since he shot 48.9 percent in 78 games for the Chicago Bulls in 2009-10.

Indiana's last loss to New York was March 19, 2014. In the only meeting in New York last season on April 3, George scored 20 points in a 92-87 victory and averaged 22 points against the Knicks last season.

Anthony is averaging 25 points and 6.7 rebounds in 30 games against the Pacers. He shot 5 of 20 in the first meeting and did not play in the other two meetings last season.

(cbssports.com)

mafra

Legend
Like I always say.... NYK play 82 road games.... 4 to play in the third quarter and the FT attempt disparity is 29 to 11 in favor of Indy. The best foul was a pump fake, KP jumps straight up, Indy player leans in to KP and extends arms, only the ball hits KP.... 2 free throws awarded to IND.

mafra

Legend
These refs have been brutal tonight (both ways).... Noah with a great block
but the female ref calls a goaltend. Brutal. 2 more free points given to INDY....

mafra

Legend
Not many teams will beat NY when Melo and KP combine for 11-18 from
downtown and Rose posts a 24 & 6 line.

and1

Rotation player
throwing flame from beyond the arc to rally in the 4th. loved the way we won this game, but i would really love to see them avoid falling into those 15-ish point holes.
really glad to see noah looking good again tonight. we need him to be more consistent with this. if we can get this out of him more often, with the Q backing him up off the bench, we'll be hard to beat in most games. nice way to respond from a disheartening end to the west coast trip.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
throwing flame from beyond the arc to rally in the 4th. loved the way we won this game, but i would really love to see them avoid falling into those 15-ish point holes.
really glad to see noah looking good again tonight. we need him to be more consistent with this. if we can get this out of him more often, with the Q backing him up off the bench, we'll be hard to beat in most games. nice way to respond from a disheartening end to the west coast trip.
Lack of consistency has been a major problem all season long. And because of that we?re losing games we?re supposed to win (e.g. Phoenix, Denver), even while missing Rose. Our schedule the past few weeks has been rather generous, playing mostly losing teams. I dreamed of a .600 record before Christmas, but unfortunately it's not gonna happen. We're playing mostly .500 or losing teams until January 12. 8-3 should be doable, but you'll never know with this Knicks team.