i

i
i

i
i

Injury Report

NY KnicksCeltics
Kristaps Porzingis Knee Bruise ProbableNo Injuries Reported

Knicks got a scare in the 4th Qtr of the Magic game when their phenom while driving to the basket came up hobbling when he collided with Nikola Vucevic's leg and sustained a knee bruise. He limped immediately off the court to the locker room and gave Knicks fans a scare, he returned to the bench later in the 4th and started riding the exercise bike, talking to the fans and apparently in a good mood and in no pain. Good news that our young star is well and said he'll play in this important Christmas game.

The Celtics are 17-13 and are tied for the 3rd seed with the 17-13 Hornets and the Knicks are 5th with a 16-13 record but with a win could take over 3rd place from the C's. So this is a holiday game that has both division and conference implications, a win puts us 2nd in the Atlantic and tied for 3nd in the EC. It's a crowded field below the Cavs and Raps in the EC with 2.5 games separating the 9th seed from the 3rd seed but if you told me the Knicks could possibly be the 3rd seed after the Christmas game before the season began I would have been pleased.

Should be a good game with something to play for, for both teams. I'll be traveling when the game is on so I won't see it first hand but I hope you all enjoy it and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Zinger Knee Injury video link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByV4EO3fK6cLVHg1QS1YT1ZfcE0

ESPN PREVIEW

NEW YORK -- A three-word declaration from Kristaps Porzingis was all New York Knicks fans needed to hear.

"I'll be ready," Porzingis said to reporters Friday as the Knicks prepared to host the Boston Celtics on Sunday afternoon after a one-year absence from the NBA's Christmas Day schedule.

Before his statement, it was a scary moment for Porzingis on Thursday. Early in the fourth quarter of New York's 106-95 win over the Orlando Magic, Porzingis banged knees with Nikola Vucevic and did not return.

After the game, Porzingis described it as "a sharp pain" and also said it had "a little inflammation in the tendon and the bone." Following his declaration on Friday, Porzingis reiterated it a day later by saying he will be ready to play as the inflammation is gone.

Porzingis has yet to miss a game this season and has played 101 out of 111 possible in his career. One of those was not Christmas Day a year ago, when a team coming off a 65-loss season was deemed unworthy of the five-game national television spotlight.

The advantage of the 65-loss season was the Knicks being able to get the fourth overall draft pick in 2015 and use it on Porzingis. He is averaging 19.9 points and 7.3 rebounds this season and the Knicks are 9-6 when Porzingis scores at least 20 points.

"Oh it's going to be huge. At the Garden. The atmosphere was already unbelievable," Porzingis said. "I can't imagine what's going to happen on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it."

One of Porzingis' worst games this season occurred last month in Boston, when he shot 5-of-15 in a 115-87 loss on Nov. 11. Carmelo Anthony was also ejected from that game by Tony Brothers in the second quarter and six technical fouls were whistled against the Knicks, who are eager for better results against their longtime rival.

"It's going to be like a redemption game for us," Porzingis said. "We didn't play well (last month) and all the other stuff wasn't going our way, it was just a tough game for us. We want it. We want it especially at home. We want to redeem ourselves."

Porzingis is 1-4 against the Celtics. He scored 26 points in a six-point win on Jan. 12 but is shooting 35.8 percent (19 of 53) in the four losses.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Tony Brothers is ref'ing the OKC game today. Remember the last Boston game he got tossed by Brothers and LaLa said Brothers hates Melo.

These are the refs for the game.

Zach Zarba (#15)Kane Fitzgerald (#5)Marat Kogut (#32)

jimkcchief88

All Star
Melo finally hits a 3 to stop a 17-3 run then Smart nails another 3 Knicks down by six just before the half. More issues with perimeter defense as usual; wake up Melo!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
C Lee is a brick laying donut I can't stand it why in his day and age we can't find a 2 guard that can knock down is unbelievable and tops it off with a tech unfreakin believable:(

rady

Administrator
Staff member
What a horrible quarter, Knicks got outscored 33-18 after a decent first quarter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimkcchief88

All Star
Nice drive and 2 handed dunk by KP, only to be spoiled by a stupid foul by C. Lee with 1.9 second left in the half. I wish Courtney would have picked up that 2nd tech and got tossed because he is a major liability on both end of the floor:(

jimkcchief88

All Star
Game getting chippy in the 3rd double techs on Horford and Melo after a huge throwdown by Horford on the previous possession; DRose keeping us in this down by six

jimkcchief88

All Star
C Lee finally hits a three Celts mite have gotten away with goaltend; Melo heating up but still down by 9; Olinney hurting us down low our frontline being sonned

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Melo getting hot from the field, Lee with the 3!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimkcchief88

All Star
DRose gets it down to 5 Melo/Rose/Lee heating up but zebras killing us now bogus offensive foul on DRose after an a stray elbow on a drive to the hoop um um um