YO, What happen to the knicks ?

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Teams usually band together on the road, when they are having problems.

I'm starting to think there is a lack of trust with this group of players.

Phil Jackson has to see what's going on , I know he's stuck with these albatross contracts on guys who are supposed to be leading the team.

Melo's tenure with the team has been the longest, Rambis is not defensive asst coach material

Jan 5th or so guys can start 10 day contracts , so i'm wondering if something is in the works,

Maybe this is why guys aren't trusting one another.:boohoo:

tiger0330

Legend
Randle definitely gets a callup on Jan. 5. Unbelievable that we'll go into the new year under .500 unless there is a minor miracle in Hou tonight.

A whole year with almost a completely rebuilt roster and we're back to where we were to last year's 22-22 team. Super team my butt, they better get their heads out of their asses and start playing some D.

and1

Rotation player
Teams usually band together on the road, when they are having problems.

I'm starting to think there is a lack of trust with this group of players.

Phil Jackson has to see what's going on , I know he's stuck with these albatross contracts on guys who are supposed to be leading the team.

Melo's tenure with the team has been the longest, Rambis is not defensive asst coach material

Jan 5th or so guys can start 10 day contracts , so i'm wondering if something is in the works,

Maybe this is why guys aren't trusting one another.:boohoo:

yeah, that's kind of interesting. i remember woodson's last season as head coach. if i remember correctly, they started out okay enough and looked like they were building on something. and then word got out that there were nasty trade rumors being spread around the locker room and organization in general. and it was right around that time that certain guys started to play like complete crap (shump and JR immediately come to mind). i wonder if maybe something like that is going on again and that's why some of these guys (right away jennings comes to mind off the top of my head) are looking off and that negative kind of vibe and energy has suddenly manifested. if there's someone in the organization that's purposely sabotaging the locker room and the vibe of this team, they need to find out who it is and kick that d-bag to the curb. just speculating.

tiger0330

Legend
Randle definitely gets a callup on Jan. 5. Unbelievable that we'll go into the new year under .500 unless there is a minor miracle in Hou tonight.

A whole year with almost a completely rebuilt roster and we're back to where we were to last year's 22-22 team. Super team my butt, they better get their heads out of their asses and start playing some D.
Begley's tweet puts the Knicks futility in better perspective.

Broadway

All Star
2015-2016 Dec 29th 15-18

2016-2017 Dec 31st 16-17

We're not a good basketball team, don't let the standings fool you. We have a couple players on the team who have a hidden agenda, only the blind sheep faithful can't see this. A couple bright spots have shown but that's it. We will struggle to win 36gms I haven't wavered from this.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks has been playing Small-Ball since before GM Isiah Thomas, each season we try to run a 3 guard offense with slow guards that cant score on a 3 on 2 fastbreak .. why the Knicks draft, sign, or trade for big men we never use in the team rotation has been a Knicks mystery. For those who can recall when coach Pat Riley found Anthony Mason in the CBA league and added Mason to the Ewing n Oakley rotation to take us to the Finals. Should also recall when Pat Riley quit the Knicks a couple months later we traded Anthony Mason for a injury-prone Larry Johnson who never were healthy to play a half a season. In 1999 the Knicks went to the Finals having frontcourt bigmen Ewing, Camby, Thomas, Larry Johnson, and Herb Williams.

In our 2016-17 roster we have two winning frontcourt big men that belong in our game rotation as a twin-tower tandem to protect the paint in Kyle O'Quinn and Willy Hernangomez .. both are NBA natural PF (not centers).
In our 16 wins this season we gave Kyle O'Quinn close to 20 minute playing time ..
In our 17 losses this season we gave Kyle O'Quinn 12 minute or less playing time ..
When we give Willy Hernangomez and Kyle O'Quinn over 14 minute in the same rotation we win.

Our young future star player KP are a 7.3 center (not a PF or wing player), who desperately need a lot of training on how to perform INSIDE the PAINT area on offense and defense as a center piece, which he is not receiving from coach Rambis or Jeff Horn. It dont look good watching Melo or KP take 20 seconds to score on isolation and their opponents score on them in less than 10 seconds.
In the recent Houston game in the 2nd quarter Rose n Melo were on a 2 on 2 fastbreak when Melo stopped running at the 3 point line while Rose dribbled into the paint for a layup on the two defenders. Whats wrong with that scenerio???

pat

Starter
if there's someone in the organization that's purposely sabotaging the locker room and the vibe of this team, they need to find out who it is and kick that d-bag to the curb. just speculating.
Oh. There is. He is called Dolan. This has been the problem for ages. And the worst part is that he is the owner and that won't change in the near future.

mafra

Legend
If you didn't see it, with about 45 seconds left, Monroe slips under Noah and then starts backing into him under the basket.... 3 Knick players around and rebound not really near Monroe but he reaches for it... Noah's arm is above Monroe's shoulder.... incidental contact as there ever was.... foul called and 2 FTs allowed

11 seconds.... Rose comes for the inbound pass, the Greek Freak sort of hip checks to block him.... Rose gets position to receive the ball, Greek Freak (who is twice the size of Rose grapples DR from behind and grabs him with his right hand, as he reaches around with his left hand, raises it and then lowers boom and swats ball.

9/10 when you swat like that at a G it's a foul. The contact with the right hand is so bad it's a PI in NFL. Even the MIL TV announcer conceded the foul. The ref should've been ready to blow a whistle as it is b/c MIL had to foul....

to deem that incidental contact on DR, when it obviously impaired his ability to catch the pass.... yet you just called a foul the previous possession on Noah, when the contact on Monroe had no impact on his ability to rebound an unreachable ball..... this is what drives you nuts.... back to back possessions are officiated differently on the same type of play.

with Rose, it happened so quickly the ref didn't have time to think so he awarded ball to NY. Unfortunately, they replay these things, so there goes that justice.

This is bothers me too.... a possession with 10 seconds left means more than a possession midway thru the third Q? Why replay only at end!