That moment when...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
...you're away for 3 weeks and Knicks go from a .550 record to a .440 one... can someone tell me what the heck happened?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Remember last January when the Knicks were 22-22 and then they went 2-13? It's happening again.

tiger0330

Legend
Despite my pessimism I still think this team has too much talent. Horn just has to unleash it, Quinn gets 30 minutes a game, Melo plays PF, more Kuz than Thomas, have KP come off the bench, something like that. The D can be fixed, Melo guarding the perimeter is a problem, make him play inside on D or force him to guard his man, he's out of position on a lot of plays.

They asked Wade whether Melo would leave NY and he said Melo likes it here and he's going to win a ring here or not at all. He's not waiving that no trade clause unless Horn starts treating him like Hoiberg did with Rondo.

mafra

Legend
I agree with Tiger.... if healthy, this team does have a somewhat above average "Big3" in Melo-Rose-KP.
on any given night, in any quarter, either of those 3 are close to impossible to stop. Rose doesn't have much of an outside game and KP not much with the ball in the post, but still.... this team will only improve with time.

issue remains obvious: can this team play enough defense? Can they stay healthy? They have complementary guys in LEE, NOAH, and bJ.... they have quality backups in Will, KOQ, Kuz, LT and Holiday..... but will the sum start to exceed its parts?

11 games in 18 days, most of the games bs teams in top part of the EC.... make or break stretch.

despite the poor 3 week run, team knows they are atill
in the mix.... play well now and trades to improve club might happen.

melo not going anywhere. Maybe we deal Rose if we decide we won't consider re-signing him. Either way, Lottery or playoff run, I do believe we are laying the foundation of a legit rebuild. We shall see moving forward if that continues.

tiger0330

Legend
Rest of Jan is critical. We have to play at least .500 ball, build some winning ways and then take the momentum into the end of the season. A good place to start is in TOR, they were talking about those good teams the Bulls beat on Thursday, we can do the same starting in Toronto.

Kiyaman

Legend
From the 15th to the 31st of January we will play 10 games ..
We just played 5 games in 7 days ..
Our rough/tough/hectic schedule has a lot to do with our 18-22 record
Plus has affected the performance of our 30 plus minute players ..
Our young future-star player KP hasn't put up a decent performance since early December ..
Our Franchise scoring-star Melo has not been effective in the 4th quarter since early December ..
Star PG-Rose performance hasn't been uplifting teammates with dimes plus the injuries/MIA ..
Coach Horn substitution/rotation has not been sharing the playing-time amongst 12 players fairly ..
Our rotation should have had 10-11 players per game for our hectic schedule ..
I wonder how many practices we had in the last 30 days ???