Something I've learned about the Knicks Franchise

Playa2

Benchwarmer
James Dolan cares about people talking about the Knicks whether it's good or bad as long as they are relevant "in the news".

When he gave up on the resources we had and traded for Melo, he could have waited for the off season and signed him in free agency.

The team would have had a decent bench and a prolific scorer on the roster, that would have challenged in the east.

But the motto of the owner has been and still is , find guys who use to be great players and bring them on the roster together on the downside of their careers. This guarantees the Knicks will be discussed and talked about for their "GREAT" POTENTIAL" or how they don't mesh together and crash and burn.

Either way Broadway still puts on a show ! :2cents:

and1

Rotation player
i've been holding this back for a long time, but i'm just going to let it fly now.
here's something that i'm convinced about in regards to this franchise. the knicks sucked before melo got here. they sucked after STAT got here. they were fun to watch for a little while, yeah, but they still pretty much sucked. they sucked before STAT got here, and they pretty much sucked ever since they traded ewing to the sonics. and guess what? they will CONTINUE to suck after melo either gets traded or doesn't get re-signed when his contract is up. doesn't matter how many coaches go through the revolving door. doesn't matter who you hire as your GM or president of operations or whatever. doesn't even matter what players you sign and bring in through free agency or the draft. they will suck. know why?
here's the part about this franchise that i'm convinced about: there is something inherently funky and, in my humble opinion, just downright suspicious about this franchise. and i'm not going to throw it all down on dolan. i'm sure he's partly to blame to some extent. but i think it's more complicated than just one guy. i would really like to get an in depth breakdown of what kinds of interactions these players have on a daily basis with the franchise people. there's something really rotten going on here, and it's not just about any one or two players, or just dolan, or just phil, or just the coach. this is some shady stuff.
i'm absolutely convinced that the only chance this franchise has of turning things around is to wholesale fire EVERYBODY. clean house completely, and that goes for all of dolan's friends too. i don't care if he hurts their feelings. they'll find other front office jobs somewhere else in no time.

paris401

Starter
i'm absolutely convinced that the only chance this franchise has of turning things around is to wholesale fire EVERYBODY. clean house completely, and that goes for all of dolan's friends too. .

what I'm about to tell u , u must keep to yourself.... you live in new York... it aint going to happen...

Playa2

Benchwarmer
This may be the most disappointed I've been in this franchise since the Isiah era. We are in no-man's land. Treadmill team stuck in mediocrity.

Not good enough to be any real threat to any real team and not bad enough to get a lottery pick that will change the direction of the franchise.

We are in a no-win situation in my opinion, similar to the 30-win Layden and Isiah teams that dominated the early to late 2000's.

But notice how we're always being talked about, always in the news and to Dolan that's putting on a show.

and1

Rotation player
what I'm about to tell u , u must keep to yourself.... you live in new York... it aint going to happen...

which is exactly why i think it's a waste of breath and the use of muscles and nerves in our fingers to talk and type about this constant ruin of a franchise being the fault of any one player or coach or GM or whatever.

Kiyaman

Legend
We are back to the reason why Pat Riley quit ..
Star-Players, GM, and Dolan COACHING the Knicks rotation more than the coaching-staff ....
I am still wondering how an experience veteran starter lineup are only good for a 20-27 record to start the midseason games .. Noah, Melo, Rose, C.Lee, plus 2nd season star KP, 6th-man Jennings?
Is Melo the blame?
Is it the new starter lineup each season?
Is it the new coach?
Is it all of the above?
plus more?

and1

Rotation player
i think it's something else. this misery has been haunting us since long before melo and the current roster and coaches ever got here. i think the cause lies closer to dolan and his 'friends' running the organization.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks has been one of the top-5 teams with the most season-tickets sold at the start of the season since Isiah Thomas .. In the past decade owner Dolan has as many Knicks sold-out crowds in MSG as the NBA championship teams.
Knicks sells has been at a all time high in the past decade in MSG ..... if it aint broke why fix it" are owner Dolan philosophy

and1

Rotation player
The Knicks has been one of the top-5 teams with the most season-tickets sold at the start of the season since Isiah Thomas .. In the past decade owner Dolan has as many Knicks sold-out crowds in MSG as the NBA championship teams.
Knicks sells has been at a all time high in the past decade in MSG ..... if it aint broke why fix it" are owner Dolan philosophy

that's all true, but i'm pretty sure ticket prices go up a lot when we're talking post-season home games too. i'm sure he'd like to cash in on that action. he has to take a really close look at his friends running the organization, the kind of culture they've fostered, outside of just phil.