203487.png
201565.png

Injury Report

Chicago BullsNew York Knicks
Jimmy Butler - Illness (OUT)No injuries reported
Nikola Mirotic - Illness (NWT)-
--

Game Preview

NEW YORK -- Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah will get another shot at their former team when the New York Knicks host the Chicago Bulls on Thursday at Madison Square Garden.

With the Bulls (19-20), Rose was the MVP in 2011 and Noah was the league's Defensive Player of the Year for the 2013-14 season. The duo was part of an offseason makeover by the Knicks, who haven't made the playoffs in three seasons.

The Knicks (17-22) won the first meeting, 117-104, in Chicago on Nov. 4. Rose scored 15 points and dished out 11 assists, while Noah recorded 16 points and nine rebounds.

But that is ancient history. New York has dropped nine of its last 10 games and the news surrounding Rose hasn't been positive. He never showed up for the game against New Orleans on Monday at the Garden, a 110-96 loss, leaving his teammates and coach Jeff Hornacek holding the bag on his unexcused absence.

Rose returned to practice on Tuesday and offered an explanation.

"It was a family issue," Rose said. "It had nothing to do with the team or basketball. That's the first time I ever felt like that emotionally and I had to be with my family."

He returned on Wednesday, scoring 25 points in the Knicks' 98-97 buzzer-beater loss to the Philadelphia 76ers.

The Knicks fined Rose the sum of $200,000 for missing the contest without notification, the New York Post reported on Thursday.

In the second quarter, New York led by as much as 17 points. Philadelphia stormed back on a 15-3 run to close the half and started the third quarter on a 13-4 run. It erased a 13-point deficit in the final 8:49 of the game.

"We have to go out and win the next one and keep our heads up," Rose said.

The 76ers had lost 78 straight games when trailing by 15 or more points.

"It's a tough way to lose," said Hornacek. "We let them (Philadelphia) come right back. We weren't able to finish it."
Carmelo Anthony poured in 28 points, passing Robert Parrish for the 26th on the all-time scoring list with 23,337 points. Charles Barkley is 25th at 23,757.

The Bulls are dealing with their own issues at guard. Chicago will have a rejuvenated Rajon Rondo on Thursday. Rondo, who played 27 minutes in Tuesday's 101-99 loss to the Washington Wizards, was coming off a five-game benching by Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg.

"I got a slight explanation from another guy on the (coaching) staff," Rondo said. "The guy told me that he was saving me from myself.

"Save me from myself?" he said. "I've never heard that before in my life. I guess he was trying to do the best thing for me."

Rondo finished with 12 points on 6-for-13 shooting, six assists, four rebounds, three steals and two turnovers in 27-plus minutes.

The Bulls will need that kind of production from their mercurial guard as they will be without Jimmy Butler and Nikola Mirotic, who missed the Washington game with illnesses.

(cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice Game-Thread Rady .... We are at the end of a Back to Back plus this will be our 5th game in 7 days ..
"we tired boss"

The Game is on TNT .. good for me in Virginia .. bc the loss vs Philly put a stop for me to buy a half season of League-Pass to watch 41 regular season games of a Playoff Knicks team .. Yeah! i said it "PLAYOFFS!
We might be able to get a win tonight, we're @ home, plus No Butler ..
Tonight the tired Knicks vs Rondo n D.Wade team-leadership on court ..
another 60-40 Knicks favor game

Kiyaman

Legend
Noah n Rose started the game scoring the first two baskets as if they were gonna blow-out there previous team, then ISO-Melo got into the scoring act, then coach Horn takes Noah out the game 5 minute into the first quarter .. Jennings looking terrible he cant do anything to stop Rondo or ex-Knicks Jerian Grant from scoring or dishing.
Quinn/Willy/Kuz/Holiday looked good as a 2nd unit 2-way lineup.
Lance Thomas is our biggest weakness, since Lance came back from injury all he did was help us lose repeatedly.
ISO-Melo was lighting it up at the end of the first half .. Half-time Knicks lead 54-51

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks 90-77 .. seven minute left in game
Big contribution by bench ...
Quinn 12 pts 11 rebs 3 ast 4 blk n hustle
Kuz 12 pts 3 reb 1 ast 2 stl 1 blk n hustle

tiger0330

Legend
I thought we would have a chance with Butler out. Quinn having a very nice game along with Noah. Going to have to see the game tomorrow but this looks like the boys picked up the D tonight even w/o KP.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kuz has finally been given some green-light to score a season high 19 points on 8-15 fga .. Our BIG-3 Melo/Rose/KP has been selfish in sharing the scoring with teammates .. I actually believe the Knicks need to trade with the Grizz for Vince Carter to teach Melo n Rose the other aspect of the game beside just Isolation-scoring .. the fundamentals of winning.

mafra

Legend
KUZ looked better than mcDermott. He's a keeper.... very good role player who might be a decent player for a few years. Rose clearly still can penetrate.... If Phil can't get something of value for Lee And Rose he should quit. Still, Rose the best PG we've seen here in years.

Just think how Ainge swiped IT at deadline last year. Let's see what young player we could steal.

Tonight was product of CHI being a bad team. I'm still rooting for a lottery pick but won't scream
if we get the 6th seed.

Kiyaman

Legend
I thought we would have a chance with Butler out. Quinn having a very nice game along with Noah. Going to have to see the game tomorrow but this looks like the boys picked up the D tonight even w/o KP.

Horn did something right tonight .. Horn took advantage of the Bulls two missing starters .. Bulls defenders had no answer for Kuz moving without the ball through open lanes with Noah or Quinn or Willy providing screens for spacing .. Kuz DUNK was all about spacing and movement.
Melo gave out most of his 6 assist to teammates that were cutting through the lane ..
Rose had 3 assist n Jennings had 1 assist .. problem!
In the 2nd quarter coach Horn put an all bench lineup on the court for 7 minutes that help stretch the lead .. having Quinn on the court for 9 straight minute in the first half then 8 straight minute in the 2nd half of the game payed off

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks Kiya for the recap. Beating the Bulls w/o their best player and a scorer in Mirotec doesn't prove anything but Horn has to start putting the best team out there which means Quinn and Kuz over Noah and LT. Noah has picked up his game but Quinn gives you a guy that can pick and pop along with making the occasional 3 and is a more reliable FT shooter. Raps will be a better test than the Bulls but Quinn and Kuz have to be more involved from here on out.

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks Kiya for the recap. Beating the Bulls w/o their best player and a scorer in Mirotec doesn't prove anything but Horn has to start putting the best team out there which means Quinn and Kuz over Noah and LT. Noah has picked up his game but Quinn gives you a guy that can pick and pop along with making the occasional 3 and is a more reliable FT shooter. Raps will be a better test than the Bulls but Quinn and Kuz have to be more involved from here on out.

Our poor coaching-staff has not prepare our Knicks players to compete vs the NBA tier-1 teams nor any of the NBA tier-2 teams .. Our starter lineup has not showed they are on the same-page on offense or defense in any of the 40 games we played this season. Our bench players are inconsistent because their playing-time n lineups are inconsistent from previous games .. we had to many games where we played like strangers.

The 18-22 Knicks vs 26-13 Raptors game is in Toronto on a Sunday afternoon infront of a sold-out Raptors crowed .. thas expecting a Raptors blowout over the poor playing Knicks team.
The Toronto Raptors Lowry/Derozan/Carrol/Patterson/and Valanciunas team performance has been on the same-page for 2 seasons making the Raptors a Tier-1 NBA .600 team.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Our poor coaching-staff has not prepare our Knicks players to compete vs the NBA tier-1 teams nor any of the NBA tier-2 teams .. Our starter lineup has not showed they are on the same-page on offense or defense in any of the 40 games we played this season. Our bench players are inconsistent because their playing-time n lineups are inconsistent from previous games .. we had to many games where we played like strangers.

The 18-22 Knicks vs 26-13 Raptors game is in Toronto on a Sunday afternoon infront of a sold-out Raptors crowed .. thas expecting a Raptors blowout over the poor playing Knicks team.
The Toronto Raptors Lowry/Derozan/Carrol/Patterson/and Valanciunas team performance has been on the same-page for 2 seasons making the Raptors a Tier-1 NBA .600 team.

that is because they spent time together and became a team, they are not changing the whole team every year and always bringing in key players who will stay for one year only....

mafra

Legend
that is because they spent time together and became a team, they are not changing the whole team every year and always bringing in key players who will stay for one year only....

TOR and BOS got lucky. They both traded for PGs (costing them fifty cents on the dollar) and caught lightning in a Gatorade bottle. Lowry & IT playing out of theirinds.... MVP caliber guys. In a PG-driven league, where every rule is
catered to these PGs, having an All-Star PG is huge.

Look at the Knicks.... Not a coincidence that they've stunk for 15 years.... they haven't had a PG Marbury.

Now, say Phil has a do-over, and instead of asking for the draft pick from DAL he takes Crowder (which he was kffered$ and then NYK trades for Lowry (instead of Bargnani) or IT (at deadline last year), NYK would be a top-4 team in the EC.

This was why PJ rolled the dice on Rose.... When healthy and rested, Melo-KP-Rose looked good early.... amd
if NY sneaks into the post season and avoids CLE.... with the days off in between games.... they might shock some
people.

so.... it all requires some measure of luck.... a guy or 2 falls into your lap, almost be accident. NY missed out on KAT.... but KP fell... imagine how bad it would burn if we had Russell or Okafor and not KAT?

Kiyaman

Legend
TOR and BOS got lucky. They both traded for PGs (costing them fifty cents on the dollar) and caught lightning in a Gatorade bottle. Lowry & IT playing out of theirinds.... MVP caliber guys. In a PG-driven league, where every rule is
catered to these PGs, having an All-Star PG is huge.

Look at the Knicks.... Not a coincidence that they've stunk for 15 years.... they haven't had a PG Marbury.

Now, say Phil has a do-over, and instead of asking for the draft pick from DAL he takes Crowder (which he was kffered$ and then NYK trades for Lowry (instead of Bargnani) or IT (at deadline last year), NYK would be a top-4 team in the EC.

This was why PJ rolled the dice on Rose.... When healthy and rested, Melo-KP-Rose looked good early.... amd
if NY sneaks into the post season and avoids CLE.... with the days off in between games.... they might shock some
people.

so.... it all requires some measure of luck.... a guy or 2 falls into your lap, almost be accident. NY missed out on KAT.... but KP fell... imagine how bad it would burn if we had Russell or Okafor and not KAT?

Our biggest mistake was trading for ISO-Melo!
Melo takes the PG out the game by calling all the plays on offense .. Iverson/Billups/Kidd

I wish we had the chance to draft Kat or Okafor instead of KP .. KP perimeter wing talent goes better with Embiid inside talent. The two season of KP n Melo in a lineup equal poor paint defense and poor team-defense.
Having Okafor & Lopez in a lineup or Okafor & Noah in a lineup means more defensive STOPS, and less opponents scoring in the paint.
The Knicks get a much better all-around defense from a frontcourt line-up of Quinn, Willy, Kuz, and any tandem backcourt guards we put on the court.