201149.png
202685.png

201584.png
201942.png

201565.png
200768.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksToronto Raptors
Kristaps Porzingis - Sore left Achilles (QUEST)Patrick Patterson - Sore left knee (QUEST)
-Jared Sullinger - Left foot surgery (OUT)
-Delon Wright - Right shoulder surgery (OUT)

Game Preview

TORONTO -- The New York Knicks are coming off a win against the Chicago Bulls that they desperately needed, and the Toronto Raptors are fresh off a fully-expected win over the Brooklyn Nets when they turned it on when needed.

That sums up the difference in the teams that meet Sunday afternoon at the Air Canada Centre for the second time this season.

The Raptors won 118-107 in the first meeting on Nov. 12, using a strong fourth quarter.

The Knicks (18-22) enter the game Sunday with questions surrounding Kristaps Porzingis and his sore left Achilles' tendon.

The forward did not play Thursday when the Knicks defeated the Bulls 104-89 to end a three-game losing streak with only their second win in the past 11 games.

It was the fourth game that Porzingis has missed because of the injury.

"I need to get it 100 percent before I step on the court again," Porzingis told the media on Saturday. "We have a tough schedule ahead of us and I would like to be back as soon as possible, but I have to make sure I'm healthy and can give 100 percent to the team."

Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said, "It's not great. But what can we do? This is the NBA, and games come at you fast. If you're winning, it's great. You just show up and play a game the next day. If you're losing, there's no time to try to fix things."

As for Porzingis, Hornacek said, "The trainers will continue to look at it. Somehow, if it turns out to be off and on, that's not great for us, but if he comes out there and says I'd like to play tonight, we're not going to say no necessarily. We've got to trust the player because we can't have that feeling of what it's like in his Achilles'. He's got to be honest with his assessment."

The Raptors (26-13) trailed the woeful Nets by one point late in the third quarter Friday before going on a 28-7 surge and drawing away to a 132-113 victory.

"That's human nature, a phenomenon I've never figured out," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. "I commend our guys for finding a way, that's what our league is all about, but you can't play with fire like that and let a team hang around, hang around, hang around."

The Raptors were without Patrick Patterson, who has been dealing with a strained left knee and returned to play in a loss to the Houston Rockets and a win over the Boston Celtics.

Casey said it was "precautionary as much as anything else" and decided to "err on the side of caution."

"He wasn't 100 percent, as I said, the other night, just his explosiveness, his reaction time and that type of thing," Casey said.
Lucas Nogueira made his third start at power forward against the Nets.

"Lucas is doing a good job out on the perimeter, playing the four position," Casey said. "He's not (Patterson) shooting-wise, (but) is a smart player, uses his length well, protects the rim well."

Nogueira had 10 rebounds against the Knicks in the first meeting between the teams.

In that game, DeMar DeRozan scored 33 points for Toronto and Carmelo Anthony had 31 for New York.

DeMarre Carroll, who has struggled at times after undergoing knee surgery a year ago, has been playing better. He had 18 points and 11 rebounds.

"You've got to have patience," Carroll said. "Especially through injury, through adversity, you've got to have patience. I feel like if I haven't learned that now, I will never learn it, but I feel like I have learned it now.

"It's one of those things where I just have to continue to keep doing my maintenance, keep doing my work. I knew I would get back to this level. Now I just want to make it more consistent."

The Knicks are 6-14 on the road and the Raptors are 14-6 at home.

(cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Nice Game-Thread Rady .... especially the conclusion:
The Knicks are 6-14 on the road and the Raptors are 14-6 at home.

I hope we stop showcasing Lance Thomas and give Lance the consistent DNP he deserve ..
Rookies Kuz n Willy need all Lance Thomas playing-time they are future Knicks.
I would start Quinn or Willy to replace KP vs the Raptors big front line.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Thomas' out early after getting elbowed in the face by Valanciunas. Kuzminskas in. Melo switched to the PF

Later edit:

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Melo and Kuz with a couple of threes to cut the lead at 2 points after almost trailing by 10

rady

Administrator
Staff member
And the Knicks get the lead after a three pointer by Melo off O'Quinn's assist. 24-21

Playa2

Benchwarmer
I went to the last game in Toronto and said I will never go back there again.
The Phantom calls they called for Derozan at the end of the game was atrocious.

That was a waste of money, I'll just stay home and watch it on TV.

Usually there are a lot of knicks fans at the game in Toronto.

tiger0330

Legend
Well, Thomas' out early after getting elbowed in the face by Valanciunas. Kuzminskas in. Melo switched to the PF

Later edit:
If the Knicks can win this one with Lance going out early, Kuz can move ahead of him in the rotation.

Given the Knicks record in back to backs this is one they need to win but it looks like TOR is headed to a 60 pt half.

tiger0330

Legend
BS play. Powell misses his corner jumper and follows his shot and gets the RB with 3 Knicks under the basket and gets the OR for a layup.

mafra

Legend
TOR with a 69 burger in the first half. Wow. 5 guys in double figure already (and another at 9 points).

tiger0330

Legend
I went to the last game in Toronto and said I will never go back there again.
The Phantom calls they called for Derozan at the end of the game was atrocious.

That was a waste of money, I'll just stay home and watch it on TV.

Usually there are a lot of knicks fans at the game in Toronto.
I still remember that game where Lin hit that 3 at the buzzer during Linsanity. The building was electric that night, there were plenty of Knick fans or Lin fans there that night.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
They keep talking about defense but they just don't play it. Too many easy buckets, too many offensive rebounds. A lot of uncontested shots. Valanciunas already with a double double with 10 points and 11 rebounds (5 offensive)

tiger0330

Legend
It's over Raps with a 34 pt lead 3:30 to play in the 3rd. Put in the second unit and get ready for the 1pm game tomorrow.

tiger0330

Legend
Easy win for the Raps, Lowry and DeRozan played a season low 28 mins. Knicks were awful in the 3rd qtr. careless TO's and sloppy play highlighted by Hot Dog Jennings dribbling out the clock in the 3rd qtr for the last shot. loses his dribble with no one pressuring him and can't get the ball back and the clock runs out.

We now are officially doing worse than last year not having lost our 23rd game until 1/22. Good chance we lose the next 3 esp if KP can't play.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
What could be done? Our offense isn't that much of a problem. It's the defense. Is it getting new players, new coach? Something is peculiar about this. What CAN you do?

mafra

Legend
We have our draft pick this year, so the smart move is trading anybody not named KP and looking towards the future. Do itvquickly and maybe Melo begs to leave too.

Broadway

All Star
We have our draft pick this year, so the smart move is trading anybody not named KP and looking towards the future. Do itvquickly and maybe Melo begs to leave too.

Did not watch the game today, didn't care to but I care very much about this...

Please make this a public spectacle he's giving the go ahead. No better time than now, this team is done and has been since his arrival