Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This 3 is just Incredible, once I thought the Knicks are figuring out new ways to lose each game but this is last game all over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12th man

If the boys lose they deserve it letting Booker have that much room to make that 3 with the game this close.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jan 22, 2017 at 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by rady View Post
    This 3 is just Incredible, once I thought the Knicks are figuring out new ways to lose each game but this is last game all over

It feels like we're tanking, but with dignity, doesn't it?

Veteran

DRose blows a layup no foul of course looked like one for sure but....saved by a booker airball last chance down by two 6.3 to go

I'm canceling my LP subscription if we lose again

Phoenix Suns, 3rd worst record in the NBA, tanking the heck out of this season... show up at the Garden and steal a win. That's how patheric we are right now.

Veteran

Melo buzzer beater rims out, first miss from three all night, Knicks lose by 2 ht10 was right another scripted loss

absolutely dreadful. that ending was so predictable.
    if they keep losing i'm canceling my optimum subscription and switching to something cheaper once and for all.
    i don't know what else to say.

12th man

Drose misses a layup on a good challenge by Bledsoe. Booker misses a short jumper and the Knicks have 7 seconds in the last possession.

Knicks in bound the ball on their end and Melo takes the last shot a 3 pter from the right elbow. It rims out, as close to going in as you can get but its a miss and the Knicks lose another heart breaker. It will be a miracle after this if they can turn this around. Melo looked dejected walking off the floor.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jan 22, 2017 at 15:10.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Weissenberg View Post
    Phoenix Suns, 3rd worst record in the NBA, tanking the heck out of this season... show up at the Garden and steal a win. That's how patheric we are right now.

Veteran

Hornacek interesting closing post game comment below

"WE WON OUR CLOSE GAMES EARLIER IN THE YR BUT RIGHT NOW WE'RE NOT. IT'S AN 82gm SEASON AND USUALLY IT WILL EVEN OUT AND WE'LL WIN ABOUT HALF OF THEM OR AT LEAST WE HOPE BUT IT'S A BAD STRETCH FOR US RIGHT NOW"

This comment came close when questioning about officiating(on a couple occasions tonight)

Veteran

Types "coachspeak" after ANOTHER close loss. I liked Horn as a player a lot more than as a coach

maybe if they stopped leaving good 3 point shooters wide open beyond the arc? that might be a good place to start. how many 3s did porter hit the other night? how many of those was he wide open when he caught the ball? most of them? how many times has that happened all year long? let's try not leaving those guys wide open.

First of all, just to get it out of the way, once again NYK get raw end of deal with "end-of-game" officiating. For those refs to call a foul on Lee with 90 seconds left and NY up 3, giving Booker 2 free throws, then to ignore Bledsoe's contact (and hand in back) on Rose is just a terribly atrocious and inconsistent way to impact angame with the whistle. NY has every right to be annoyed. Rose is a star player (albeit more formerly), but evenso.... he was fantastic in this game and is on his home floor, and you just sent a young kid to the line with far less contact.

At one point, it was something like 20 FTs for PHO to 2 for NY. Again, this is a game played at MSG vs a bottom-feeding opponent. PHO was playing uber-aggressive and not giving NY space all night. Heck, they called a foul on WHG when TC hacked down on his arm.

With that said, every NY fan watching this game just knew they were going to find a way to lose it.... especially when they failed with 3 chances to extend lead to 7 down the stretch.

A shame to have to point this out, but this loss is on Melo. He's supposed to be the closer and fact is he can't score in the 4th.... he's just too old now and has nothing left at the end of these games. A shame too bc he was brilliant.

No shocker he missed another game winner.... he rarely gets the ball in a good spot on these situations.... what offensive play on this planet says catch ball near half court, back to basket, and chuck a 33-footer? Bad play design by Hornachek.

And finally, the coach was the biggest factor in this loss. Awful. Why he stuck with Noah and BJ when they clearly weren't doing much. For him to not play KOQ or WHG all that much.... or even Holiday. Subbing KP back in was a bad move too. Aftter Melo and Rose both aired a shot, the Knicks didn't need that 35-ft hoisted brick KP chucked up there, all cold after sitting so long.

Blame the coach for his rotation and his overall pathetic body language all night, blame the MIA Melo in the 4th, and point to the refs for sealing the deal by giving PHo 2 points and letting them play physical While calling touch foul on NY.

With that said, Rose and Melo were putting on a show tonight. Too bad we just are too inexperienced playing together and in a funk right now add can't break this losing mentality, and too bad every game the refs stick it to NY down the stretch of these games....

Trade deadline and lottery can't get here soon enough.