Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers 8:00 pm 1/23/2017 [Game#46]

tiger0330

Legend
A win about time. Melo comes through with the game winner on a baseline jumper on a mismatch against Jeff Teague. Melo scores 26 and 4 others in double figures. Knicks made several TOs during the final minutes and almost lost this but they persevered. It's only one game but I still feel like Reggie that there's a lot of talent on this team they just need to figure it out. WHG playing over Noah has to be part of the solution, I've questioned why WHG gets DNP by Horn, play him starters minutes if he's serious about turning this around.

Broadway

All Star
We just had to make this interesting, this team will never learn but they won tonight. WHG and Holiday were great

and1

Rotation player
finally we get a win. looked really good for stretches, but once again we start regressing to bad habits down the stretch. to be honest, if indiana hadn't turned it over at the end there, we probably would have found a way to lose this one. but it's all good, because that didn't happen. we just go through way too many consecutive sets where only 1 or 2 guys touch the ball.
hopefully this turns things around and we can start winning a little more consistently.

tiger0330

Legend
My man KP was disappointing and I love the kid but to build a team around him at this point in his career is crazy. He's got a ton to learn and grow as a player before you make him your centerpiece. I've said this in the past, why is a 7'3" guy always moving out to the 3 pt line when he's off the ball. If he's going to play the 5 with Melo they should be running a ton more PnR with him rolling to the basket. He's also got no post game other than that fall away jumper he shoots down there, I saw DeMarcus play and that dude maybe crazy and has a low bball iq but I wish KP looked like him in the post. Going to blame this on PJ and the coaching staff as to why he's not a more well rounded player, I hope they make that a top priority this off season.