Let the youngsters play

Broadway

All Star
I believe Stephen A just slightly because he gaffed with Melo news earlier this yr that made him look stupid. I think he's trying to get some of this right but working back channels for more solid info. It makes sense especially when you tie Melo's recent 180 comments about welcoming a trade if it came down to it after saying he wanted to remain a Knick in the meeting with Phil.

We're going to experience another losing streak approaching the deadline so get ready folks, I think this is the Final Act. Good find Mafra

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
You really want to throw in the towel on this season already? There's a lot of games left and the general rule is you dont't give auditions to your rookies until you're mathematically eliminated. You got to play Rose to see if he can hold up for an entire season, he might be the best option PJ has to sign at PG, Melo needs to be showcased if you're going to try to trade him, I do agree about WHG, if Horn has any sense Noah backs up WHG or Quinn permanently.

Lord no im not throwing in the towel.All I am saying is play the young guns more b/c they clearly are showing a lot of potential and deserves the playing time.

mafra

Legend
Carmelo stated that he wants to be "more" than just a bball star, that he hopes to be some sort of mogul after he retires.... believing in this sentiment, and taking him at his word, Anthony has to be at a critical crossroads right now.

1) Everybody on the plant wants Melo to leave NY....his supporters want him to win and not squander the few "prime" years he has left, and his detractors want him out so the Knicks can rebuild.

2) There's no way to win in NY, especially now with the super-mega team in GSW.... the idea that you can hang on in NY and do the unthinkable.... win in NY and instantly become a legend.... is a pipe dream... CP3 isn't walking in and changing everything.

3) If Durant can hitch a ride on GSW train, and if Lebron is asking for help, nobody would frown upon Melo for making everybody happy....

4) Chances are this year and the next 2 years are poised to be epic GSW-CLE battles. Why would anybody shun the opportunity to be a part of this? Melo's brand would double overnight if he wins 2 titles in CLE.

5) Remaining in NY may appear admirable to Melo, but with PJax starting this nonsense, if Melo stays here this year and next, it looks like it was all out of spite and this would tarnish CA, as the star player who demanded out of DEN, got into a game of chicken with the team president in NY, and refused to latch on to a contender b/c he cares more about stats and being a big fish in a small pond.

6) to me, it all boils down to CLE or no trade. I seriously doubts he goes anywhere else (other than possibly the Lakers, b.c his wife is all for that... Lebron holds all the keys here.... does he want Melo? If so, he's been in his ear and will use the all star break to convince Melo to join him in CLE. Then, we have to see if Melo will want that.... finally, can that happen?

We know it can.... basically Love for Melo almost works... but, is this enough for Phil. Plenty of teams would take Love, so can Phil find a third team (Bos, Den,?)

If I'm Melo, I do everything in my power to play in CLE and write my final chapter: Melo the NBA champion.

Perhaps not making all star team (at least as a starter) makes CA to confront his bball mortality? Perhaps PJ crossed a line, and Melo understands this last effort to build a winner around his m has failed....

We'll find out soon enough.

Kiyaman

Legend
Melo on CLE, Faired and Shumpert to NY, Love to DEN:

Congratulations on a successful trade
Due to Denver being under the cap and choosing to invoke the Cap Room rule, Denver could not go over the cap by more than $100,000 of post-trade Team Salary, which did happen here.
Due to Cleveland being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary over the Tax Threshold, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Cleveland could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here.
Due to New York being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary under the Tax Threshold and trading out more than $19.6M in salaries, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here.
This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I would do this trade plus resign Rose for 3 years

paris401

Starter
Melo on CLE, Faired and Shumpert to NY, Love to DEN:

Congratulations on a successful trade
Due to Denver being under the cap and choosing to invoke the Cap Room rule, Denver could not go over the cap by more than $100,000 of post-trade Team Salary, which did happen here.
Due to Cleveland being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary over the Tax Threshold, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Cleveland could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here.
Due to New York being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary under the Tax Threshold and trading out more than $19.6M in salaries, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here.
This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

ok mafra...thanks... it seems with a good lawyer, there is always a way to circumvent the CBA... I get a headache trying to interpret the rules... r u a lawyer?? if not... that mite be your calling...

and1

Rotation player
i've been hearing a lot of chatter about benching noah. i don't think that's necessary at all. he's been playing a lot better lately. however they definitely should give willy more consistent minutes. and if you want willy - or Q for that matter - to close out games to avoid hack-a-noah, that makes perfectly good sense too.
what the knicks need to do, more than anything, is STOP LEAVING 3 PT. SHOOTERS WIDE OPEN. especially in the 4th quarter where they've been killing us. it's a no-brainer.

mafra

Legend
I would like to see more of KOQ-WHG combo together on the floor. We really should be limiting. KPs minutes right now, as he deals with this Achilles issue.

KP should be playing about 28 minutes a night max....

3 guards and KOQ-WHG should be the second unit.... We need to
save Melo for the 4th and KP for the future.

and1

Rotation player
guess what folks? it's me again, the voice of doom and gloom. it's already begun. as soon as the melo trade rumors started flying, the sports talk personalities are already setting the table to start killing KP for what they know is going to be the continual disappointment and failure of this team for the next several seasons. i heard it live it today. they're licking their chops.
stop going to the games. stop buying merchandise. if you live in the Ny area and you're watching the games via optimum subscriptions, cancel them and switch. maybe, just MAYBE, dolan will get the message. but he probably won't.

tiger0330

Legend
Whats the deal KLove Liggins and a 1st for Melo? That would be a no brainer for the Knicks. I doubt Melo commands that much in a trade though, I was thinking a more realistic trade would be to the Clips for Jamal/Rivers and a 1st. I wonder how Doc would feel about trading his son? The Clips trade doesn't make us that much better if at all but you move on from Melo.
I called it.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
With all the up and coming talent we have on the team thats going to surround KP I think he will be just fine after melo is gone.Reason why is b/c there all young and just got in the NBA and they all are going to jell at the same time and when they do this team will be tough. Let them talk but I see these youngsters making some noise in the NBA.

Kiyaman

Legend
Let the youngster play ....

Yesterday the Knicks had a 4 overtime game vs the mediocre Atlanta Hawks ..
The Knicks LOSS the game, because the Knicks head-coach played a eight-half man rotation for a 68 minute game, plus 4 of the Knicks players fouled out of the game.
The Knicks would have won yesterday game, plus had an above .500 season if the Knicks had used an all bench lineup in its games rotation throughout the season.
The Knicks head-coach has no chemistry, no gellin, and no team-play in his 5 player starter lineup ..
All the Knicks losses throughout every 48 minute game this season are because Knicks head-coach has 1 to 5 of his starter players in his 48 minute rotation lineup when each of his starter-players show no effort towards winning as a team.
Im tired of watching each of the Knicks starters try to be the HERO of the game having a individual-performance.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
The youngsters came up huge tonight with a solid performance all game and exspecially in the 4th.WHG,Holliday,Kuze,Vujacic KP really took control in the 4th!!