Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    DEN sends NY a 1st rounder.... CLE sends DEN a 1st, NY sends DEN a 2nd....

I'm sure CLE figures out a way to get Nelson too.

Problem with this deal is I doubt PJax wants Shump back and NYK might feel Faired and a #1 isn't enough for Melo.

So, how badly does PJ want Melo out of NY? Faired an So DEN's 1st and a CLE 1st.... taking back Shump.... that's probably as good as it'll get (bc of Melo's no-trade and trade kicker).
    That inquistr.com site has all sort of crazy trades. Here's another one involving the Knicks, Lakers, Cavs which will never happen. Love all the rumors anyway but most rumors don't happen but I'd love to see the Knicks back in the game.

Current NBA trade rumors are pointing toward a potential deal between the aforementioned franchises. The exact specifications of this hypothetical swap would begin by seeing Carmelo Anthony head west to play for the Cavaliers. The Lakers would acquire Derrick Rose, Iman Shumpert and Tristan Thompson, while the Knicks would welcome four new players to Gotham: Jordan Clarkson, Lou Williams, Luol Deng and point guard DeAndre Liggins. Incidentally, this would be a legal deal under NBA trade and salary cap constraints.

Not saying is from a reputable source, but like I prefaced the post with: the pieces of that puzzle are there.

NYK has coveted Faired. Melo & LJ are pals. James just tweeted that Cavs need to improve to repeat... Now, I'm not sure if DEN truly has interest in Love.... or if Melo would waive his no-trade.

But, CLE is probably 1 of the few places Melo would go to.... heck, maybe NY just swaps Melo for Love and a first rounder (which I'm not sure NY would want)....

Likelihood of any deal is less than ten percent.... it's just that this type of deal is really 1 of the few scenarios of a possible trade that has any realistic chance of happening.

Other than Cavs? Where does he go? And would that team have anything to offer NY? What third team would have to be involved?

Faired and Crowder and a 1st is probably the only pieces PJ would want; he probably would do Clarkson and a pick (and something else)..... LAC doesn't have the package.

So, even if Melo agrees to a trade.... options are limited.

To me, I just sense that Lebron is pushing Melo here. The Kyrie-LJ-Melo offense could compete vs Curry-Klay-KD offensive firepower.

12th man

Melo has to go to a team that plays defense to cover his weaknesses so the Cavs would be a good fit for him. I just don't see the Cavs swapping Love for Melo, kind of a lateral move for them and why risk changing the chemistry when they won a chip with Love last year and they're still 1st in the EC despite them losing a few games recently.

Anyway, LBJ was bitching about getting a playmaker not a F that can score, another rumor is he wants Rondo and I definitely think the Cavs could get him without giving up too much. I think the Bulls would take a salary dump for him, if anyone can pull that deal off it's Griffin, it's amazing how that guy signs players with that payroll they have.

Love was pretty much a no-show in the Finals last year.... they won anyway tho. If they would've lost, Love would've been gone last summer.
    I think Lebron knows they won't beat GSW w Love. Love is a good player, but melo is great.
    Lebron doesn't care about 2020.... so he doesn't care that's melo is a few years older. Lebron is also very good friends with Melo.

It's simple really, Lebron loves to pass and he would have an ISO closer on 1 side in Melo, along with a PG who can create in Irving.

Again.... it's just speculation. But let's not get carried away. For what CLE needs to win a title, a reliable offensive weapon to carry the load when needed, Melo is still a superior player in that regard over Love, IMHO. Love is just not in that same tier.

Just imagine how you guard Melo at PF with Lebron and KI to worry about. Holy Cow!

I want to see it just so Melo can show what he truly is... we would find out vs GSW for sure.

And here I thought Melo's wife is what's keeping him in NYC..... LA LA for her business interest.

Melo knows he's not winning a Chip in NY no time soon.

Veteran

I believe Stephen A just slightly because he gaffed with Melo news earlier this yr that made him look stupid. I think he's trying to get some of this right but working back channels for more solid info. It makes sense especially when you tie Melo's recent 180 comments about welcoming a trade if it came down to it after saying he wanted to remain a Knick in the meeting with Phil.

We're going to experience another losing streak approaching the deadline so get ready folks, I think this is the Final Act. Good find Mafra

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    so the plan is to have $60m of
    salary sitting on the bench??
    No I don't want to but if they aren't helping the team win then why play them instead of the rookies/young guns.

GREATEST KNICK EVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    You really want to throw in the towel on this season already? There's a lot of games left and the general rule is you dont't give auditions to your rookies until you're mathematically eliminated. You got to play Rose to see if he can hold up for an entire season, he might be the best option PJ has to sign at PG, Melo needs to be showcased if you're going to try to trade him, I do agree about WHG, if Horn has any sense Noah backs up WHG or Quinn permanently.
    Lord no im not throwing in the towel.All I am saying is play the young guns more b/c they clearly are showing a lot of potential and deserves the playing time.

GREATEST KNICK EVER!!!!

Carmelo stated that he wants to be "more" than just a bball star, that he hopes to be some sort of mogul after he retires.... believing in this sentiment, and taking him at his word, Anthony has to be at a critical crossroads right now.

1) Everybody on the plant wants Melo to leave NY....his supporters want him to win and not squander the few "prime" years he has left, and his detractors want him out so the Knicks can rebuild.

2) There's no way to win in NY, especially now with the super-mega team in GSW.... the idea that you can hang on in NY and do the unthinkable.... win in NY and instantly become a legend.... is a pipe dream... CP3 isn't walking in and changing everything.

3) If Durant can hitch a ride on GSW train, and if Lebron is asking for help, nobody would frown upon Melo for making everybody happy....

4) Chances are this year and the next 2 years are poised to be epic GSW-CLE battles. Why would anybody shun the opportunity to be a part of this? Melo's brand would double overnight if he wins 2 titles in CLE.

5) Remaining in NY may appear admirable to Melo, but with PJax starting this nonsense, if Melo stays here this year and next, it looks like it was all out of spite and this would tarnish CA, as the star player who demanded out of DEN, got into a game of chicken with the team president in NY, and refused to latch on to a contender b/c he cares more about stats and being a big fish in a small pond.

6) to me, it all boils down to CLE or no trade. I seriously doubts he goes anywhere else (other than possibly the Lakers, b.c his wife is all for that... Lebron holds all the keys here.... does he want Melo? If so, he's been in his ear and will use the all star break to convince Melo to join him in CLE. Then, we have to see if Melo will want that.... finally, can that happen?

We know it can.... basically Love for Melo almost works... but, is this enough for Phil. Plenty of teams would take Love, so can Phil find a third team (Bos, Den,?)

If I'm Melo, I do everything in my power to play in CLE and write my final chapter: Melo the NBA champion.

Perhaps not making all star team (at least as a starter) makes CA to confront his bball mortality? Perhaps PJ crossed a line, and Melo understands this last effort to build a winner around his m has failed....

We'll find out soon enough.

12th man

Melo on CLE, Faired and Shumpert to NY, Love to DEN:

Congratulations on a successful trade
    Due to Denver being under the cap and choosing to invoke the Cap Room rule, Denver could not go over the cap by more than $100,000 of post-trade Team Salary, which did happen here.
    Due to Cleveland being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary over the Tax Threshold, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Cleveland could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here.
    Due to New York being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary under the Tax Threshold and trading out more than $19.6M in salaries, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here.
    This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

I would do this trade plus resign Rose for 3 years

Veteran

Thumbs up

Melo on CLE, Faired and Shumpert to NY, Love to DEN:

Congratulations on a successful trade
    Due to Denver being under the cap and choosing to invoke the Cap Room rule, Denver could not go over the cap by more than $100,000 of post-trade Team Salary, which did happen here.
    Due to Cleveland being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary over the Tax Threshold, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Cleveland could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here.
    Due to New York being over the cap and having a post-trade Team Salary under the Tax Threshold and trading out more than $19.6M in salaries, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York could not receive more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here.
    This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
    ok mafra...thanks... it seems with a good lawyer, there is always a way to circumvent the CBA... I get a headache trying to interpret the rules... r u a lawyer?? if not... that mite be your calling...

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WVKnickfan View Post
    No I don't want to but if they aren't helping the team win then why play them instead of the rookies/young guns.
    hey I agree with ya... it's just u need a coach/gm with large enough balls to do it...

i've been hearing a lot of chatter about benching noah. i don't think that's necessary at all. he's been playing a lot better lately. however they definitely should give willy more consistent minutes. and if you want willy - or Q for that matter - to close out games to avoid hack-a-noah, that makes perfectly good sense too.
    what the knicks need to do, more than anything, is STOP LEAVING 3 PT. SHOOTERS WIDE OPEN. especially in the 4th quarter where they've been killing us. it's a no-brainer.

I would like to see more of KOQ-WHG combo together on the floor. We really should be limiting. KPs minutes right now, as he deals with this Achilles issue.

KP should be playing about 28 minutes a night max....

3 guards and KOQ-WHG should be the second unit.... We need to
    save Melo for the 4th and KP for the future.

Veteran

I'm gonna post Melo related things back in the Melo stickied thread