201149.png
1717.png

201584.png
203552.png

201565.png
101114.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksDallas Mavericks
Lance Thomas - Left orbital fracture (OUT)Jose Juan Barea - Left calf strain (OUT)
-Andrew Bogut - Right hamstring strain (QUEST)
-Wesley Matthews - Right hip strain (QUEST)

Game Preview

The Dallas Mavericks are coming off a historic win. The New York Knicks were a blown finish away from declaring this season history.

Two teams searching for a spark collide Wednesday night at American Airlines Center.
The Mavericks (15-29) pasted the Los Angeles Lakers by 49 points on Sunday, simultaneously setting a Dallas franchise record for the largest margin of victory and worst loss ever by the Lakers.

The Mavericks made 17 3-pointers, shot 49.4 percent from the floor and out-rebounded Los Angeles 49-32.

"We did some good things," coach Rick Carlisle said. "We rebounded pretty well and the ball was going in the basket."

Dallas had seven players in double figures in the 122-73 blowout, including four starters. Leading scorer Harrison Barnes was the only first teamer who failed to reach at least 10 points.

Second-year guard Justin Anderson, a forgotten man in the rotation lately, led the Mavericks with 19 points in 16 minutes off the bench. He hadn't played more than six minutes in a game since December.

"It's been hard, but I want to continue to remain humble," Anderson said. "This may be the best thing that could happen to me. I want to be optimistic and continue to work hard on my game, and continue to grow. I know who I am. Just remain humble and make sure I maximize my potential."

The Mavericks have won four of their last six and split their last 18 games overall. They hope momentum from Sunday carries over into the finale of a three-game homestand.

Dallas is 9-12 at home this season.

"Right now we are in a spot where we have to dig ourselves out a hole that we dug ourselves in earlier in the season," Deron Williams said. "We have to be more aggressive on both sides of the floor and get some more wins."

The Knicks (20-26) were ready to call it a season had they lost Monday. New York held on to beat Indiana 109-103 by scoring the final six points.

The last burst was especially needed, considering the Knicks had lost three of their previous four games despite holding leads in the final minute.

"We lose another one like that, guys probably would've quit, called it a year probably," Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek said.

That admission wasn't hyperbole for a team dealing with its share of drama. Whether it's Carmelo Anthony's future or Derrick Rose's whereabouts or anything with Phil Jackson, something is always going on.

That's why beating the Pacers was so important.
"I don't even want to think about that if this one had gotten away," said Anthony, who scored a team-high 26.

The Knicks handled Dallas 93-77 in New York back in November to snap a five-game losing streak in the series. Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis were the game-high scorers with 24 points. Porzingis added 11 rebounds. Barnes led the Mavericks with 20 points.

Porzingis is looking forward to the matchup against one the players he's often compared to in Dirk Nowitzki.

"I remember the last time I played him was at the Garden last season and he came out and made like five straight five shots in my face," Porzingis said. "With that guy, you have to be careful. He can shoot from anywhere at any time, and it's really hard to guard him.

"This time, I'll try to come out a little more ready to run through screens to get to him. But it will definitely be a challenge. Hopefully, I can have some fun."

The Mavericks have won 24 of the last 30 meetings against New York.

(cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
Gee First to post in the game thread and its almost half time. Melo, Rose and Lee keeping us in the game. KP another off night zip points and 3 fouls. None of our big men helping with them scoring 3 pts between Noah, WHG and Qunn. Melo has been the star with 22 pts.

Dallas takes a 52-51 lead into the locker room at the half. Our bigs have to get going to be able win this one.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks lose 103-95.

A 4th qtr scoring drought of a little less than 5 mins and 6 to's in the 4, 18 to's in total and 27 pts off of those to's, did the Knicks in. Wasted CLee's season high 23 pts in this losing effort.

Probably one of the worst games I've seen Zinger play this season, was in foul trouble the first half limiting him to 5 mins and he could not stop anyone driving in the lane, smaller guys were using their quickness to beat him off the dribble all night. Time to talk about moving him to C and making him play like a C instead of a 7 ft. wing. Doesn't have the skills to play down there yet but the Knicks better develop them.

They got beat by a pretty bad Mavs squad that even lost their starting PG at the half, DWill went out with a sprained toe and didn't return the second half and they still had enough to beat this Knicks squad. Time is running short to turn this season around and losing to teams like Dallas that was banged up coming into this game and it makes you question how good this Knicks team is really.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Season probably died in philly,
But it officially ended tonight in DAL. There was little effort.... no
Movement on defense and no movement on offense. Whoever had ball in his hands with 19 seconds left in shot clock just looked for their own shot.

18 turnovers and ended game on a 1-14 spurt from downtown.

Melo was very good in the first half.... hard to believe this was first game Lee had 20+ points.
WHG continues to shine. Rose and KP were no-shows.... beginning to think it's time to shut down KP for a few weeks.

Baker had a clunker, when he finally played.

A loss is a win at this point. No reason Lee, Melo, Rose, Noah, or BJ should be on this team come March.... if Mozgov got 2 first round picks, you should be able to get something of value for this bunch (maybe even find a sucker for Noah).

Broadway

All Star
Did not watch, and I'm just waiting for big news. I'm numb to this trash of a team.

Tonight overall I believe was a goody...I watched the end of the Cavs game and their loss(body language is bad on that team too). Key moment in game when Love was at the line during OT to put Cavs ahead 1, he misses a free throw game stays tied and then they go to a timeout. Camera goes to Cavs bench Lebron is sitting there with major attitude while some teammates are trying to get the spirits up and a couple players tapped Love on the chest and shoulder telling him don't worry about it. Lebron remains motionless and kind of sneak stink eyes Love. I think Lebron could go back to alienating Love if he becomes the keepsake to avoid Melo trade.

Lebron, I truly believe wants the Cavs to deal for Melo and I think he blows up if this deadline passes and they don't pursue him hard. Kind of happy for a another loss tonight, it puts us another step closer.

I want this team blown up so we can get on with a new era of Knicks basketball. I want to see what this new phase could look like

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Amen, Broadway. A loss is a win for NY, and Cavs are slumping at the perfect time. CLE GM is just holding out for best deal possible, but ultimately CLE will cave to LJ and bring in his Melo buddy.

The real rebuilding is about to begin..., KP, WHG, hopefully a lottery pick and another first rounder this year.... maybe even ping-pong balls hand us a minor probability miracle.

mafra

Legend
Phil Jackson is still coaching a little from a distance, with Jeff Hornacek said Wednesday that the team president will send "notes" after each game.

"Whether we win or lose," the coach said. "Things that he sees or things that he thinks that maybe we could take a look at. So it's just another helpful hint out there, another view from somebody who has been a great coach for many years and sees things that can help us."

-----

In his last six games, Porzingis has missed 23 of his last 26 3-point attempts.

and1

Rotation player
Amen, Broadway. A loss is a win for NY, and Cavs are slumping at the perfect time. CLE GM is just holding out for best deal possible, but ultimately CLE will cave to LJ and bring in his Melo buddy.

The real rebuilding is about to begin..., KP, WHG, hopefully a lottery pick and another first rounder this year.... maybe even ping-pong balls hand us a minor probability miracle.

are these the only guys you want to keep? i think kuz, holiday, Q, baker, lee and yeah, even jennings are worthy of consideration too. i would think hard about just stripping the whole thing and keeping only 2 guys.

mafra

Legend
I would trade Lee or Bj if I could get anything of value, but the other guys are keepers (along with Thomas and Plumlee).

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
NBA is going more and more towards media and drama than playing basketball...... drama and stupid media stories are destroying the chemistry and soul of the team.... in the mavs game you feel simply that nobody cares... they are just playing a game and going home whatever the outcome is

tiger0330

Legend

Griffin said he might not do another trade this year and they have enough talent to win. LeBron was non-committal about Melo saying the team they have in the locker room needs to play better. For Griffin to make a move to get Melo the Cavs would have to fall out of first in the EC imo. They have nearly the same record as they did last year and if they can stop this skid by the trade deadline I think they stay with KLove at least for this year.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I've to agree with mafra... this season is dead. At this point I can hardly see anyone giving any kind of effort. Hornacek looks disgusted by how this team has been playing. Also, with all those stories about Melo leaving for CLE it's hard for me to believe he'll stay with the Knicks after the season. Which may, or may not, be a good thing. I won't even be mad if Melo and Rose both leave, this franchise is a disaster.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Guys, why are you happy to get Love over Melo..... Melo is much better in every way...... unless Love's contract end this year and we can unload him next season....

mafra

Legend
I might understand CLE being worried that Love for Melo might be too big a move for the middle of the season.... too much risk...

But it's crazy to say they should stay the course bc they won last year. They trailed GSW 3-1, and won bc they got help from Mozgov and Dellabedova.... 2 guys not on the team anymore. Oh, and GSW now has Durant and I doubt Draymond gets suspended for a Game this time.

I don't want Love over Melo, but feel as tho we have a better shot trading Love for a better package b/c Melo controls this situation.

People are crazy to think Love is better than Melo. It's laughable.
Melo would dominate playing with LJ and KI, while Love is simply a role player.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Guys, why are you happy to get Love over Melo..... Melo is much better in every way...... unless Love's contract end this year and we can unload him next season....

Trades aren't always about who's better but at times about the future and function of the team/franchise going forward. I don't like Love's deal and I'm sure there would be other moving parts but Love doesn't have a NTC and could be moved at some point before his deal ends. In all honesty he's a better fit for how Phil would like to play and based on roster as of today.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks lose 103-95.

A 4th qtr scoring drought of a little less than 5 mins and 6 to's in the 4, 18 to's in total and 27 pts off of those to's, did the Knicks in. Wasted CLee's season high 23 pts in this losing effort.

Probably one of the worst games I've seen Zinger play this season, was in foul trouble the first half limiting him to 5 mins and he could not stop anyone driving in the lane, smaller guys were using their quickness to beat him off the dribble all night. Time to talk about moving him to C and making him play like a C instead of a 7 ft. wing. Doesn't have the skills to play down there yet but the Knicks better develop them.

They got beat by a pretty bad Mavs squad that even lost their starting PG at the half, DWill went out with a sprained toe and didn't return the second half and they still had enough to beat this Knicks squad. Time is running short to turn this season around and losing to teams like Dallas that was banged up coming into this game and it makes you question how good this Knicks team is really.

So true .. Our poor defenseless 4th quarter performance has us as a 11 seeded team playing .400 B.ball having a 20-27 record to start midseason.
A loss last night to the Lottery Mavs team has to be the icing on the Knicks TANKING cake .. especially when u add the season losses to other Lottery teams Philly 76ers and twice to Phoenix Suns.
Where are the Knicks court leadership in our star scorers Melo/Rose?
WTH! Our new head coach Jeff Horn has no strategy to beat mediocre teams.

Tiger .. what u mention bout KP are what i been saying throughout KP rookie season.
KP perimeter talent is useless without having a low-post inside game.
At 7.3 KP should have been our backup center throughout his rookie season, especially in a small-ball league.
KP hasn't showed any signs of having a winning big-man talent in his 2nd season in the NBA .. When u compare KP talent to the 76ers who been winning game after game from their tandem big-men lineups Embiid, Okafor, Ilyasova, Noel, and Holmes, you notice how weak our 34 minute tandem big-man lineup of KP & Melo are on both ends of the court.

We will keep losing games we suppose to win as long as coach Jeff Horn keep putting these sorry small-ball lineups on the court that are clueless to defense. We have two dominating low-post PF in Quinn & Willy that need to be tandem in the same lineup to give us inside scoring plus protect the paint on defensive switches.
Who is behind the Knicks tanking the season?

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks lose 103-95.

So true .. Our poor defenseless 4th quarter performance has us as a 11 seeded team playing .400 B.ball having a 20-27 record to start midseason.
A loss last night to the Lottery Mavs team has to be the icing on the Knicks TANKING cake .. especially when u add the season losses to other Lottery teams Philly 76ers and twice to Phoenix Suns.
Where are the Knicks court leadership in our star scorers Melo/Rose?
WTH! Our new head coach Jeff Horn has no strategy to beat mediocre teams.

Tiger .. what u mention bout KP are what i been saying throughout KP rookie season.
KP perimeter talent is useless without having a low-post inside game.
At 7.3 KP should have been our backup center throughout his rookie season, especially in a small-ball league.
KP hasn't showed any signs of having a winning big-man talent in his 2nd season in the NBA .. When u compare KP talent to the 76ers who been winning game after game from their tandem big-men lineups Embiid, Okafor, Ilyasova, Noel, and Holmes, you notice how weak our 34 minute tandem big-man lineup of KP & Melo are on both ends of the court.

We will keep losing games we suppose to win as long as coach Jeff Horn keep putting these sorry small-ball lineups on the court that are clueless to defense. We have two dominating low-post PF in Quinn & Willy that need to be tandem in the same lineup to give us inside scoring plus protect the paint on defensive switches.
Who is behind the Knicks tanking the season?

Kiyaman

Legend
Trades aren't always about who's better but at times about the future and function of the team/franchise going forward. I don't like Love's deal and I'm sure there would be other moving parts but Love doesn't have a NTC and could be moved at some point before his deal ends. In all honesty he's a better fit for how Phil would like to play and based on roster as of today.

Love's defensive switches are worst than Melo .. we will want to trade Love after 10 games in a Knicks uniform.
Melo has to be put in a 3 or more team trade so we could get two decent offence/defense players for Melo $25M contract.

paris401

Starter
may I say ...we are fuk'd... we will get a dish of dog doo-doo for Me-Lo... who's the captain of this sinking ship???