Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Dallas Mavericks 8:30 pm 1/25/2017 [Game#47]

Broadway

All Star
Love's defensive switches are worst than Melo .. we will want to trade Love after 10 games in a Knicks uniform.
Melo has to be put in a 3 or more team trade so we could get two decent offence/defense players for Melo $25M contract.

I don't disagree about defense but the trade wouldn't be about defense. That's what WHG and KOQ are for. Love would run Triangle options a lot better than Melo and he moves the ball and he can rebound if used correctly. His contract is more the issue than anything

tiger0330

Legend
Love's defensive switches are worst than Melo .. we will want to trade Love after 10 games in a Knicks uniform.
Melo has to be put in a 3 or more team trade so we could get two decent offence/defense players for Melo $25M contract.
Thats a good idea but Cleveland must take Melo and where does KLove have the best fit? Mozgov, Clarkson to the Knicks. Melo to the Cavs. KLove to LA.

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't disagree about defense but the trade wouldn't be about defense. That's what WHG and KOQ are for. Love would run Triangle options a lot better than Melo and he moves the ball and he can rebound if used correctly. His contract is more the issue than anything

The Knicks will need a scoring SF that defends well to replace Melo .. the Knicks are straight at the PF position having KP/Quinn/Willy .. plus straight at the Center position having Noah/KP/Plumlee .. the Knicks has no room in their frontcourt for Love type of talent.
Quinn & Willy has proven over n over in so many games they are double-double players when given 28 minute in the rotation, plus allowed to give out 4 fouls a game.
It would be nice to see how well our 4 yr contract Noah & KP gell in the frontcourt without Melo in their lineup night after night.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Am I the only one that thinks ever since Horn moved Melo into KP's position that its really hurt KP.It just seems ever since they made the move that KP can't be KP no more.If Melo is this so called superstar then he doesn't need moved.He should be able to play at the 3.

and1

Rotation player
what's hurting KP is his achilles. oh, and the dysfunctional mess that is the knicks organization in general.

and1

Rotation player
The Knicks will need a scoring SF that defends well to replace Melo .. the Knicks are straight at the PF position having KP/Quinn/Willy .. plus straight at the Center position having Noah/KP/Plumlee .. the Knicks has no room in their frontcourt for Love type of talent.
Quinn & Willy has proven over n over in so many games they are double-double players when given 28 minute in the rotation, plus allowed to give out 4 fouls a game.
It would be nice to see how well our 4 yr contract Noah & KP gell in the frontcourt without Melo in their lineup night after night.

i agree 100% about the frontcourt part. we don't need PFs or Cs right now. it makes no sense to go in that direction. but i am still holding firm on the idea that the knicks will continue to suck even after they eventually move melo to another team. they sucked before melo came here, and they will continue to suck long after he's gone.
lol i hate to be the voice of doom and gloom, but i'm sorry, that's what my experience as a long time knicks fan has finally taught me. it's not about any one player, or coach, or GM, or whatever. this organization is just rotten.