201149.png
101162.png

201584.png
203078.png

201943.png
202322.png

Injury Report

New York KnicksWashington Wizards
Lance Thomas - Left orbital fracture (OUT) Danuel House Jr - Right wrist fracture (OUT)
Derrick Rose - Sprained left ankle (OUT)Ian Mahinmi - Platelet-rich plasma treatment on both knees (OUT)
--

Game Preview

WASHINGTON -- Two months is no small sample size and what the Washington Wizards have done over that span turned them from a struggling team into an Eastern Conference contender. What the New York Knicks do with Carmelo Anthony over the next two to three weeks could impact the entire NBA.

The Wizards (27-20) enter their third meeting of the season with the Knicks (21-28) Tuesday night riding a four-game winning streak, a stat that doesn't begin to express the enormity of Washington's turnaround.

Since Dec. 1, the Wizards are an Eastern Conference-best 21-9. They have won 11 of their last 13 games, including Sunday's 107-94 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans. Washington also topped three fellow East playoff hopefuls last week. The 123-108 rout over the Boston Celtics, the current No. 2 seed, on Jan. 24 extended the Wizards' home win streak to 14 games.

"I would say this has been our best week of the season," said All-Star guard John Wall after he had 18 points and 19 assists against the Pelicans. "The biggest thing is we've been able to win on the road and that's the biggest thing. We're on our way back home and hope we can keep it going."

The Wizards are 2-0 against the Knicks this season. Anthony scored 34 points in the previous meeting, but Wall made big buckets late and Otto Porter sank six 3-pointers in the 113-110 win.

Despite constant rumors about his days in New York possibly ending before the Feb. 23 NBA trade deadline -- or perhaps fueled by them -- Anthony is thriving offensively. Including the meeting against the Wizards, he has scored at least 30 points in four of his last six games topped by his season-high 45 before fouling out of New York's 142-139 quadruple-OT loss at the Atlanta Hawks.

"That's when I have to focus in," Anthony told Newsday. "When you get off the court, you got to start dealing with all of that. When you're in between those lines, it's all about basketball, all about the game of basketball."

New York, 25th in the NBA in scoring defense, has lost six of nine, falling to 11th in the East.

"A lot of adversity," guard Courtney Lee said. "The good teams, the strong players, will get through it. I have no doubt in my mind that this team has good chemistry, good poise, good togetherness, good individuals and tough individuals that we'll pull through it."

There were questions if the Wizards would pull through following a 3-9 start. Beyond Wall, backcourt partner Bradley Beal and coach Scott Brooks, credit Washington's frontcourt for helping fuel the surge.

Center Marcin Gortat remains a constant double-double threat while Porter leads the NBA in 3-point shooting at 46.8 percent. Markieff Morris, acquired at the 2016 NBA trade deadline, is turning in one of the better months of his career.

Washington's starting power forward is averaging 16.8 points and 8.5 rebounds in January while hitting 41 percent of his 3-point attempts. He had 21 points and eight rebounds against New Orleans while sinking all three of his 3-point attempts.

"I thought Kieff was huge in that second half, especially in that fourth quarter when we were not playing well," Brooks said. "He came in and gave us some buckets and gave us some rebounds. He just gave us a confidence that we can get back to how we were playing."

(cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
What are we 1-6 without DRose. Jennings can't guard Wall, I know they got to be tired after Sunday. This should be a beat down by the Wiz tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rady .. Nice Game-Thread .. I get the Wizards network so i will watch the Knicks go up against the hot Wizards tonight.
We will have to shut down Morris n Wall tonight both been outstandingly energizing the Wizard team throughout the month of January.

Our last game having 4 overtime showed so many flaws in our coaching n players performance .. I wonder how a 53% shooting Quinn shot 1-9 in the 4 overtime game, then i watch the game on NBA TV today to see Quinn kept taking D.Howard out 20 ft on the perimeter to shoot jump shots hoping KP n Melo would dominate the boards over Milsap, it didnt happen because Melo n KP were always outside on the perimeter waiting for Quinn to pass them the ball.
The ABC game announcers kept mentioning why dont KP n Melo post up inside when D.Howard is force to step out of the paint to defend the perimeter. The announcers even mention Melo and KP FLAWS of not getting back in transition and not going after any defensive rebounds.
This will be something to watch for tonight vs Gortat/Morris/n Porter domination in the paint over Melo/KP/Noah/Quinn.
I still wish we would put a 2nd unit lineup of Quinn/Willie/Kuz/Holiday/and Jennings on the court for 6 straight minute in the first half, and 8 straight minute in the 2nd half.

Kiyaman

Legend
What are we 1-6 without DRose. Jennings can't guard Wall, I know they got to be tired after Sunday. This should be a beat down by the Wiz tonight.

Jennings uptempo transition at tip-off could slow Wall down by the start of the 4th qtr. if certain teammates keep up with Jennings quickness .. We gave out $48M to C.Lee to defend PG like Wall/Kyrie/ Lowry/etc.

tiger0330

Legend
Jennings uptempo transition at tip-off could slow Wall down by the start of the 4th qtr. if certain teammates keep up with Jennings quickness .. We gave out $48M to C.Lee to defend PG like Wall/Kyrie/ Lowry/etc.
You got to be dreaming Kiya that Jennings running around on offense is going to slow down Wall and CLee has his hands full with Beale without trying to guard Wall. We could use the win but I don't see it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Jennings starting for Rose
Willie starting for KP

Horn should have started the season with a all bench lineup as the 2nd unit

Kiyaman

Legend
You got to be dreaming Kiya that Jennings running around on offense is going to slow down Wall and CLee has his hands full with Beale without trying to guard Wall. We could use the win but I don't see it.

Jennings is quick n faasst .. Wall is not going to try and defend Jennings for half of the game .. Wall will defend Rose the entire game.
Jennings is on Fire to start the game 16-8 ..

Kiyaman

Legend
Jennings speed does not let opponents set up their defense .. Melo dribbling the ball down court slows down the game n only sets himself up for a ISO-Melo play

End of First quarter 28-28

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Horn small ball lineup Jennings/Baker/Holiday/Kuz/Willie needs Quinn to take the lead n stretch the lead not Baker

Kiyaman

Legend
This is a easy scoring game for the Wizards .. the lane is open for a layup or dunk
TRADE Melo asap

Halftime 59-54 Wizards

mafra

Legend
Melo with another monster 1st Q.... WHG with the start.... too many games KP & Rose out with injuries.

mafra

Legend
C-Lee is 2-10.... Holiday is 1-8.... a combined 3-18 from our SG combo. 8 points, 3 assist, 2 turnovers and 2 FT attempts from
both combined.

Noah with 0 points and 4 rebounds....

Aside from this team's utter contempt for playing defense, the story of this season is simple:

Rose and KP missed too many games; Noah & Lee utter disappointments; Phil JAX destroyed any chemistry these new guys tried to build; and Lance Thomas was a mirage.

Good news is this is a great and deep draft class, especially for PGs.... 2 can't-miss studs (Ball compared to a better version of Kidd).

Time to tank and get a PG for KP.

Kiyaman

Legend
C-Lee is 2-10.... Holiday is 1-8.... a combined 3-18 from our SG combo. 8 points, 3 assist, 2 turnovers and 2 FT attempts from
both combined.

Noah with 0 points and 4 rebounds....

Aside from this team's utter contempt for playing defense, the story of this season is simple:

Rose and KP missed too many games; Noah & Lee utter disappointments; Phil JAX destroyed any chemistry these new guys tried to build; and Lance Thomas was a mirage.

Good news is this is a great and deep draft class, especially for PGs.... 2 can't-miss studs (Ball compared to a better version of Kidd).

Time to tank and get a PG for KP.

Time to trade Melo for a 2017 first rounder ....

This team stinks. Like Wally just said in the post-game show, we're 2 in the loss column away from being the 14th seed in the East. We shouldn't just give away Melo, but we benefit a lot more from losing than winning right now. Let's play the young guys, watch the losses pile up, and hope for the best in the lottery.