Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards 7:00 pm 1/31/2017 [Game#50]

tiger0330

Legend
This team stinks. Like Wally just said in the post-game show, we're 2 in the loss column away from being the 14th seed in the East. We shouldn't just give away Melo, but we benefit a lot more from losing than winning right now. Let's play the young guys, watch the losses pile up, and hope for the best in the lottery.
We're only 3 games out of the 8th seed so they're not going to tank yet. Melo is doing a hell of a job showcasing himself so maybe some team thinks he can help them, he might be a fit for the Rockets and they might part with Anderson but I wonder if Melo would sign off going to Houston.

If we want picks Boston has got to be involved some way, supposedly Melo signed off on going there but I don't think Ainge wants him but getting the Nets pick this year and having our own 1st would be a good start to rebuilding.

mafra

Legend
If we look at last year, DEN ended up with SG Jamal Murray at 7. He's been playing well lately.That was a weak draft....

NYK are amongst a group of 10 fighting for that top 5 draft spot..,(Orlando, PHilly, MIA, Minny, Sac, Dal, NO, Portland, DEN)... safe to say Nets, Lakers, Suns are top 3 worst records when it's over.

This isn't case of 2 years ago when Fisher foolishly won the last 2 games.... either we keep Melo and finish something like 12-20 our final 32 games (end up 33-49) or we trade everything and finish probably 5 games worst or something....

Still.... all 10 of those teams are going to be in that 25 to 35 win
So, it's going to come down to ping pong fortune either way.... jump up from 5 spot or 9 spot!

We won't tank, but we're just not that good right now. Good news is this is a deep draft, and we're a lock to get prospect with enormous potential at PG or SF (if we pick in top 10).... we might be better off with less choices, bc we could draft higher and select the bust of the bunch.

Either way.... at least this year we know losing not end of the world, bc at least we possess our pick this year.

mafra

Legend
We're only 3 games out of the 8th seed so they're not going to tank yet. Melo is doing a hell of a job showcasing himself so maybe some team thinks he can help them, he might be a fit for the Rockets and they might part with Anderson but I wonder if Melo would sign off going to Houston.

If we want picks Boston has got to be involved some way, supposedly Melo signed off on going there but I don't think Ainge wants him but getting the Nets pick this year and having our own 1st would be a good start to rebuilding.

With the way IT is playing, Ainge almost forced to go for Melo. Brown and a first rounder (not the BKLN pick) this year, and a future 1st (not BKLN) is like having your cake and eating it to.

They could then still trade for Jimmy Butler (Bkln picks and Smart).

IT
Butler
Crowder
Melo
Horford

Coached by Stevens with Olynik, Bradley, Zeller on bench... uh-oh