202684.png
201149.png

202697.png
201584.png

202681.png
201943.png

Injury Report

Cleveland CavaliersNew York Knicks
Chris Andersen - Right knee ACL tear (OUT)Lance Thomas - Left orbital fracture (OUT)
J.R. Smith - Right thumb fracture (OUT)Derrick Rose - Sprained left ankle (QUEST)
Kevin Love - Low back spasms (PROB)-

Game Preview

NEW YORK -- LeBron James is on the verge of becoming the youngest player in NBA history to score 28,000 points. The 32-year-old James needs just 12 points to hit that plateau.

He will get his first opportunity on Saturday, when the Cleveland Cavaliers (33-15) begin a four-game road trip at Madison Square Garden against the New York Knicks (22-29).

James has accumulated 27,988 points, good enough for eighth place on the all-time list, behind Shaquille O'Neal (28,956), who is in seventh. James is also 12 assists from passing Lenny Wilkens (7,211) for 13th place on the NBA's all-time list.

The matchup falls on the eight-year anniversary of James' 52-point performance at New York, the second of his two career 50-point games at the Garden.

After the Cavaliers finished 7-8 in January, marking the first month since James' third season in the NBA that his team was under .500 in at least 10 games, the four-time MVP was vocal about bringing in an additional playmaker to take the pressure off Kyrie Irving. On Wednesday, Irving distributed a career-high 14 assists in Cleveland's 125-97 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves.

The Cavaliers auditioned Mario Chalmers, Kirk Hinrich, Jordan Farmar, and Lance Stephenson on Feb 1, but have not made a move. The player among the group that is most familiar with James is his former Miami Heat teammate Chalmers.

New York and Cleveland got attention off the court in recent weeks as talks speculated about a Carmelo Anthony for Kevin Love trade. According to published reports, Cleveland was unwilling to deal Love, while Anthony would have to waive his no-trade clause.

Love missed Cleveland's previous two games due to lower back spasms, but after Friday's workout he's hopeful to return to the court for Saturday's nationally televised game.

"I feel like we do have it under control," Love told Cleveland.com. "We know exactly what's doing it now while we might not have in the past. I think it happened one or two times a couple years back, and then maybe December when I missed a game in Memphis, so I feel good."

The Knicks started February on a positive note, defeating the Brooklyn Nets 95-90 on Wednesday after going 5-12 in January. They allowed at least 100 points in 15 of those 17 games and lost four of them inside a minute to play.

Point guard Derrick Rose missed the win over the Nets -- his third straight game in street clothes with a left ankle sprain -- and it's unlikely he will be available against Cleveland. Brandon Jennings is doing a nice job starting in Rose's place at point guard, averaging 15 points and 7.6 assists in those three outings.

Willy Hernangomez is emerging as an important piece in the Knicks rotation. The 6-11 rookie center from Spain recorded two straight doubles and his defense is improving, according to Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek.

"Coaches always say, 'Make the coaches not want to pull you off the court,'?" Hornacek said. "That's how you get minutes. Willy's done a great job. Not just on the boards. His defense is picking up. Most young guys, guys coming from Europe, they don't know these players that well."

This is the third of four meetings between Cleveland and New York. The Cavaliers won the first two, 117-88 on opening night and 126-94 on Dec. 7, dealing the Knicks their two largest margin losses of the season.
(cbssports.com)

mafra

Legend
CLE, LAC, LAK, SA, DEN at home and OKC on road before the all-star break. Then we play CLE again first game back....

6 games.... could easily be 2-4.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Nationally televised game; lots of subplots; hopefully we show up:) my stepdaughter's boyfriend gave me an old school spreewell jersey destined for goodwill so ima be on fleek tonight:)

tiger0330

Legend
CLE, LAC, LAK, SA, DEN at home and OKC on road before the all-star break. Then we play CLE again first game back....

6 games.... could easily be 2-4.
I wish the Knicks would win them all or lose them all sitting on this fence of almost being a playoff team is annoying.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Or 4-2. I seriously hate the fact that with over half the season left that tanking is a BETTER strategy than actually trying to win games. Weren't we the 8th seed in the strike shortened season when we made the finals???(remember I have my new to me speedwell jersey on). I just hate a system that rewards you for being bums. That's not really basketball that I know. Go down to your local court and the WINNERS stay on the COURT, not the LOSERS:(

tiger0330

Legend
Stupid over the back foul on the FT line for KP 2nd foul. I think he's been reading too many media articles about how good he is. Come on KP be smarter.

Broadway

All Star
Both teams are active, #kporzee needs to get his act together with the fouling unacceptable for this to be a continual problem

Kiyaman

Legend
WOW! Bout time .. Quinn & Willie are in the same lineup .. it took for Noah to get hurt in the first qtr. and KP to get into early foul trouble for Horn to put Quinn & Willie in together SMH

and1

Rotation player
last 3 minutes of the quarter knicks looked like they had no idea what they were doing. taking their time bringing the ball up the floor letting cavs defense get set and then just passing the ball off to someone and just standing around turning invisible.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Another 30 point 1st quarter start on defensive end of the floor when you ask why this team is well under.500 this season; just awful perimeter defense; why is Kurt Rambis anywhere near MSG let alone kickin on the bench cheesing and stealing $$$$