Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Cleveland Cavaliers 8:30 pm 2/4/2017 [Game#52]

jimkcchief88

All Star
Everybody on KO.COM knows I'm the least Melo-basher on this board. But even I can't defend all those bricks he shot last night. He is too good an offensive player to keep settling for jumpers when it ain't falling. I realize lack of help can lead to poor shot selection, but Melo is talented too for that. He should have gotten down on the block and tried to get some buckets going to the rack. Put some pressure on CAvs defense and maybe get Lebron in some foul trouble. Get to the free throw line and try to find your stroke and see the ball go through the hole with a layup or two. But Melo sat outside and kept clanking away to the tune of 7-20 or 35%. Unacceptable. Then the team makes a run when you take yourself OUT of the game by committing stupid fouls yourself. Um um um. Then I'm supposed to give you credit when you FINALLY make a play or two with under 5 minutes left in the game???? And settle for ANOTHER 3 that iced the game after shooting bricks all night? UNACCEPTABLE. I'm sick of making excuses for Melo only for him to pull ANOTHER primetime no show. Horn actually showed a little courage last night by finally benching Melo for that long stretch and taking that tech. Imagine a guy who made his bones college/NBA as a shooter watching Melo build that house of bricks brick by brick . MSG will need a demolition crew to blow up that brick house courtesy of the Anthony Construction CO.:(. I'm finished defending and making excuses for nonsense like we saw last night:(

mafra

Legend
I do agree the last 17 years have been an unmitigated disaster. Melo years were totally mismanaged but that didn't matter bc Melo isn't a winning player.

I just hope the moves we make now don't ruin the KP-WHG era.

tiger0330

Legend
Everybody on KO.COM knows I'm the least Melo-basher on this board. But even I can't defend all those bricks he shot last night. He is too good an offensive player to keep settling for jumpers when it ain't falling. I realize lack of help can lead to poor shot selection, but Melo is talented too for that. He should have gotten down on the block and tried to get some buckets going to the rack. Put some pressure on CAvs defense and maybe get Lebron in some foul trouble. Get to the free throw line and try to find your stroke and see the ball go through the hole with a layup or two. But Melo sat outside and kept clanking away to the tune of 7-20 or 35%. Unacceptable. Then the team makes a run when you take yourself OUT of the game by committing stupid fouls yourself. Um um um. Then I'm supposed to give you credit when you FINALLY make a play or two with under 5 minutes left in the game???? And settle for ANOTHER 3 that iced the game after shooting bricks all night? UNACCEPTABLE. I'm sick of making excuses for Melo only for him to pull ANOTHER primetime no show. Horn actually showed a little courage last night by finally benching Melo for that long stretch and taking that tech. Imagine a guy who made his bones college/NBA as a shooter watching Melo build that house of bricks brick by brick . MSG will need a demolition crew to blow up that brick house courtesy of the Anthony Construction CO.:(. I'm finished defending and making excuses for nonsense like we saw last night:(
Damn Chief I thought Kiya posted this.

I hear you about Melo. I'm thinking about taking down my Latvian flag avatar and KP dunk sig if KP doesn't start putting together a string of double/doubles pretty soon. ;)