Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Lakers 7:00 pm 2/6/2017 [Game#53]

mafra

Legend
Knicks dominated on the glass, especially the off glass in the third. Being that LAK 27th in rebounds and NYK a top 5 squad.... all a lack of effort.

Currently, 2-9 last 11 at MSG, including losses to ORL, PHO, and LAK.

mafra

Legend
Its disgusting just looking at what Rose and Lee did tonight. Can't trade these 2 quick enough....

tiger0330

Legend
Who believes that bs ESPN report about Lebron pushing the Cavs to get Melo even if they have to trade Love. I hope it's true but that does not sound like the ultimate team player that Lebron is.

It gets tougher for the next 5, Lakers were that best chance to get a W with the Clips, Nugs, Spurs, OKC and Cavs up next. We could be 22-36 and 13th in the East by next week.

tiger0330

Legend
MWP has more New Yorker in him than anyone on the current Knicks roster
Like Begley said an embarassment.

Ian Begley ESPN Staff Writer

How's this for embarrassing? Madison Square Garden is now filled with "Metta" chants for Lakers forward and ex-Knick Metta World Peace.

tiger0330

Legend
Who believes that bs ESPN report about Lebron pushing the Cavs to get Melo even if they have to trade Love. I hope it's true but that does not sound like the ultimate team player that Lebron is.

It gets tougher for the next 5, Lakers were that best chance to get a W with the Clips, Nugs, Spurs, OKC and Cavs up next. We could be 22-36 and 13th in the East by next week.
Love put up 39pts 11-17 shooting 6 3s and 12rbs in the Cavs 140-135 W over the Wiz. I pray Melo for Love is true.

mafra

Legend
Lol....Lebron James got away with a 5-step Euro waltz travel at end of regulation. There's absolutely no way the refs could've missed it.... they simply decided they wouldn't call it in James.
Fortunately for WAS he missed the layup with 3 seconds. But that no call is inexcusable.

Of course, James hit an incredible shot with .03 left (on a great pass from Love, who had 35 in regulation).

Wizards are for real tho. Going to be dangerous in playoffs, especially if they add some bench firepower.

mafra

Legend
?That was embarrassing,? Brandon Jennings said. ?You can?t coach effort and energy. That?s something we should all have. We all make millions of dollars playing this game, so the least we can do is go out there and play hard every night.?

?You?ve got to play for some pride,? an angry Jeff Hornacek said. ?If you?re just going to come out and just play basketball, then you?re at the wrong level. These teams come in ? it?s New York, so they?re going to be ready to play. If you don?t match their effort and their energy, you?re not going to win. Right from the start they out-hustled us.?

?I think our mentality, our attitude, throughout the course of the game, approaching the game, I think that has to change,? Anthony said. ?Overall, the effort just wasn?t there from the beginning to the end. This was a bad performance.?

mafra

Legend

NYK 6-18 last 24... probably will lose 4 of next 5.... race to be second the BKLYN is on! Lottery watch has begun. Break up the band. Trade them all.... Fire Phil. Eat more chicken!

mafra

Legend
"If we had the answer I would tell you something. But (trust) is just not there," Porzingis said. "It's kind of everybody for themselves a lot of times. Both ends of the floor. So I wish I had the answer."

paris401

Starter
Just after I posted this Begley said there is interest on the part of the Knicks to bring him back. We need to cut someone to open up a roster spot and he has to sign for the vet's min.

I can think of about a dozen guys who we can cut.... ok maybe not a dozen... maybe only 10...

paris401

Starter
"If we had the answer I would tell you something. But (trust) is just not there," Porzingis said. "

trust... u were 0-6 at one point last nite... n how many of the last few games have u shown up for???.. maybe you r the building block for the knicks... but the more I see of u the less I believe it... n man aint that sad...

Kiyaman

Legend
Poor poor Melo .. the LOSS to the Lottery-Lakers are the icing on the cake .. this loss will have every NBA analyst n sport announcer/writer interested in commenting bout several things not looking good for Melo .. not making the All-Star team, the turn down trade for Love, the Knicks losing season again, plus the non development of KP this season having a veteran roster ......

and1

Rotation player
and phil jackon continues to de-value the very same player he so desperately wants to trade. i guess he wants to give other teams as much leverage as possible, to get as little as possible in value in return? brilliant tactic. and all the while he uses this locker room cancer-mind-game to distract away from his terrible signing of noah.

attachment.php

yes, phil. i believe you are smoking a lot of marijuana all the time.
anybody else excited about the obvious inevitable return of isiah thomas as our GM and president of basketball operations? i know i am.

Attachments

• philNice.jpg
    philNice.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 11

paris401

Starter
at least isiah will not be bad mouthing his players on twitter, or via the backdoor... so what if he brings a bit of sexual harassment .... that will be refreshing, and who cares as dolan will be payin the court judgement, and he has lots of $$$$