201599.png
203124.png

200755.png
201584.png

101109.png
201565.png

Injury Report

Los Angeles ClippersNew York Knicks
Chris Paul - Ligament tear, left thumb (OUT)Lance Thomas - Left orbital fracture (DOUBT)
Brice Johnson - Acute herniated disc, lower back (OUT)Joakim Noah - Sore Left Hamstring (DOUBT)
--

Game Preview

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks longest homestand of the season hasn't started well. They have dropped the first two games of the five-game set, losing by a combined score of 21 points, and face a tough task on Wednesday when the Los Angeles Clippers (31-21) visit Madison Square Garden.

Coach Jeff Hornacek's frustration finally boiled over after New York (22-31) dropped a 121-107 decision to the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday, their 14th loss in the last 20 outings.

"You have to play for some pride," Hornacek said. "If you come out there and just play basketball, you're on the wrong level. These teams come in - it's New York. You don't match their effort and energy, you're not going to win. Right from the start, 1/8the Lakers 3/8 out-hustled us. They got offensive rebounds, got long balls that bounded around the free-throw line. They got them all.

"We can continue to punish them (Knicks), get more upset at them or give them positive talk. But we got to do it in practice. They won't like it, but maybe it will get them going, a good, hard practice. I don't care if we have a game the day after 1/8against the Clippers 3/8."

Reserve guard Brandon Jennings acknowledged his coach's displeasure. At one point on Monday, the Knicks fell behind 27 points to a Lakers team that hadn't won on the road since Dec. 20.

"We all make millions of dollars playing this game, so the least we can do is go out there and play hard every night," Jennings said.

"We got to go out there and fight. That was embarrassing. To get embarrassed like that in front of the home crowd, we just got to play with effort, like it means something."

New York's defensive struggles have been the culprit all season. The Knicks have allowed at least 30 points in two quarters in 26 of their 53 games and have given up 108.8 points an outing, ranking them 25th in the league.

Clippers coach Doc Rivers remains more optimistic than Hornacek, even though Los Angeles has lost seven of its last nine games after a 118-109 setback to the Toronto Raptors on Monday.

"I swear to everyone the sky is not falling," Rivers proclaimed.

Rivers has good reason to feel that way. His star forward Blake Griffin, in just his sixth game since minor knee surgery that had him sidelined for 20 games, posted his fifth career triple-double, and first of the season, with 26 points, 11 rebounds and a career-high-tying 11 assists on Monday.

Griffin was 2-for-3 from behind the arc against the Raptors, marking the sixth time in his career and first time this season he hit multiple 3-pointers in a game. He said he received a text message from Rivers before the Raptors game encouraging him to shoot more from long distance.
"I want you start taking more 3s," Griffin recalled the text stating. "I took it literally."

Jamal Crawford became just the sixth player to amass 2,000 3-pointers when he hit for two 3s on Monday. The 36-year-old Clippers guard, who has been mentioned in trade talks for the Knicks' Carmelo Anthony, also passed Eddie Johnson for No. 2 all-time in bench scoring and Magic Johnson for No. 74 in all-time scoring (17,712).

The Clippers have won the last eight meetings with the Knicks.

(cbssports.com)

tiger0330

Legend
I'm going out on the limb and am predicting a W tonight. They got embarrassed by the Lakers and the MSG crowd chanting MVP MVP for Metta was horrible. Supposedly Horn had a tough physical practice to prepare them for tonights game and Jennings and Lee seem ready and bent on making amends for that Lakers game. I think it translates to results against the Clips tonight.

mafra

Legend
Quick: get Rivers and Johnson and find a third team to take Crawford, for another asset coming to NY.... get a second this year and a 2021 and the right to swap 2023 1st round pick and then send Melo to LAC at halftime.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Great another nationally televised game with the team in turmoil; all the drama surrounding Phil and Rose/Noah not working out not lost on the media here in the CHI

jimkcchief88

All Star
Zinger lucky he didn't end up on blakes poster with Clipper nuts on the back of his neck:) game tied at 29-29 hot shooting start from both teams

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Rady .. Thanks for the nice Game-Thread .. this is suppose to be a Knicks win without CP3
We doing good in the first qtr. vs the losing Clippers

Kiyaman

Legend
When did Felton start letting the ball roll up court to save the final seconds of a qtr ..
Are Melo n Rose gonna let Felton beat the Knicks tonight ?????

Kiyaman

Legend
I missed it .. what happen with Oakley

None of the starters belong on the court with the 2nd unit .. especially KP, Rose, or Melo individual scoring

tiger0330

Legend
I missed it .. what happen with Oakley

None of the starters belong on the court with the 2nd unit .. especially KP, Rose, or Melo individual scoring
No explanation but he pushed some security guy who was probably asking him to leave. I imagine he tried to talk to Dolan and Dolan didn't want to talk to him.

Kiyaman

Legend
There's no reason to take Quinn out the game .. Horn is a chump coach .. KP stand on the perimeter so much Jennings pass was KP turnover .. Melo does not deserve to be on the court in the 2nd qtr.

tiger0330

Legend
3 personals on KP after that foul on BG. I know that's coachable, teach the kid go straight up and down and not lower the arms for the block.

tiger0330

Legend
68-67 Clips at the half. Allowing another team over 60 points at the half says the Knicks are who they are a bad defensive team, that chippy practice didn't change that. With over 1/2 the season over you can't expect that to change.

KP in foul trouble again, Horn pulled him right after his 3rd foul. Snapped out of his slump scoring 17pts and 3 3s but he's got to stay on the floor.