Game Thread: New York Knicks vs San Antonio Spurs 3:30 pm 2/12/2017 [Game#56]

mafra

Legend
Check out the shooting in the 1st quarter.

9-27 (SA)
7-12 (NYK)

NYK had more turnovers than made buckets. SA had as many Off rebounds as made buckets.

Hard to allow 9 off rebounds and commit 9 turnovers in 1 quarter. Give the Knicks some credit.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mafra .. I believe the Knicks would be an above .500 team if Quinn & Noah were in the starting lineup .. KP & Willie should be coming off the bench putting in good minutes to replace Noah & Quinn.
Melo should never be used as a big man .. Melo is to slow on offense and to slow getting back on defense

Kiyaman

Legend
Yesterday practice is paying off for the Knicks in the 2nd half of the game
End of 3rd Qtr .. Knicks 69 Spurs 65

tiger0330

Legend
That's what you get when you get a 7 ft guy that thinks he's Kyrie, you get a turnover. Hubie was saying he's got to work on the upper and lower body strength and the post game this summer, anytime a legend like Hubie says you should do something, you do it.

mafra

Legend
Mafra .. I believe the Knicks would be an above .500 team if Quinn & Noah were in the starting lineup .. KP & Willie should be coming off the bench putting in good minutes to replace Noah & Quinn.
Melo should never be used as a big man .. Melo is to slow on offense and to slow getting back on defense

I like KOQ but he's just not consistent enough.... he's got to be more involved. I do agree that he should be starting.... but he hasn't really demanded anything bc of his many mistakes and lapses.

NYK sets a record for this season with fewest shot attempts in a half.... 29
Shots! Lol. They did manage to grab 1 offensive rebound while commitint 14 turnovers.

Good news is KP is guarding without fouling and defending KL pretty well.

I do agree with Hubie tho that KP must work on Post moves bc teams don't care about switching and putting a SF on KP bc he doesn't hurt them in the pain.

Kiyaman

Legend
That's what you get when you get a 7 ft guy that thinks he's Kyrie, you get a turnover. Hubie was saying he's got to work on the upper and lower body strength and the post game this summer, anytime a legend like Hubie says you should do something, you do it.

Oh when i say it ...it dont mean nuthin .. sad
My being a Knick-fan for half century gets no ..... .LMAO

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks team came out to WIN today .... our players changed up in the 2nd half applying athleticism to keep the 4th qtr. lead 78-74

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks got to stretch the lead with defensive stops to win over Spurs having 3 min in the game ..
Rose!
Lee stills it back to Melo for 3 .. Knicks lead 86-81 3 min left

Great effort today, but with this team, you always ask yourself, is this the team turning a corner or is this just the one game every 2 weeks where we decide to step it up?

tiger0330

Legend
Melo hits a 3 on a broken play where the Knicks had numbers. He was wide open but I didn't like the shot. Knicks go up 86-81 on his shot.

Kiyaman

Legend
Willie DEFENSIVE-stop gave Melo the chance to stretch the lead with a 3 ball 92-86 .. 33 seconds left for the Knicks WIN!!!!

tiger0330

Legend
last 2 minutes, go chest to chest, nose to nose with the Spurs and keep this defensive effort going and win one for the fans.

Kiyaman

Legend
Pop put the right defense lineup on the court to try for the steal plus foul within 2 seconds to stop the clock