Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Three consecutive threes by OCK who are now leading 111-96 with 4 minutes to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12th man

I said after that Spurs game not to be fooled by that score and the Knicks D, they just ran into the Spurs on an off night.

Want proof it was just one game. OKC is 29th in 3pt %. What did they shoot tonight 52%.

Tank is still on.

LMAO at no point did i even suspect that the knicks MIGHT win this game, even when they had a... what? 17 point lead and actually playing some decent defense? nah.
    then again, i did think the same thing during the spurs game too. but i guess you can't lose them all.
    that's what it's come down to. i'm watching knicks more as a comedy act than anything else. comedy entertainment.
    i did like all the shot blocks though. they collected a bunch of those. i lost count after like 8.
    other than the aforementioned shot blocking, KP was pretty dreadful. folks, this is not the guy you want to build around. he's one of the guys you get to build around someone else. who that person is going to be, we shall see. i've seen people compare him to AD. if i remember correctly, and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong - sometimes my memory is a little selective - AD was never really hesitant to attack the basket and go in strong. KP does not do that. and i don't think that's going to change much. i still like the kid, don't get me wrong. but i don't think he's our centerpiece. what they need to do with him is get him to roll to the basket more often off the ball, and i mean ALOT more often. THAT works. but i'm getting the feeling they're not going to do much of that. maybe because i'm a jaded knicks fan.
    but listen, as bad as things are right now, just remember: we are not the brooklyn nets hahahaaaa. we actually own our first round pick, and maybe just maybe we'll land in the top 4 again.

This game is simple to dissect: NYK played 1 of their best quarters of the year, and jumped out to something like a 39-24 lead in the first quarter. Making shots (I think they were 16-24 at 1 point), Melo was perfect..... the team played solid defense (and got benefit of the whistle)....

After that, they scored 38 points next 2 quarters.... went from 6 left to go before half to the start of the 4th quarter scoring about 24 points....

KP was great early then disappeared the entire second half....

The biggest factor was Oladipo simply dominating Lee. I felt Embarrassed for Courtney.... Lee couldn't score or get an assist and Oladipo scored at will...

The next biggest favor was this:

Carmelo Anthony and Dereck Rose attempted 41 shots and got no calls.... they couldn't draw a whistle if 6 sumo wrestlers tackled them.... if a samauri warrior hacked off an arm when they drove to the hoop.... OKC waa allowed to play Aussie rules and that certainly cooled down NYK quickly.

Again, think about this.... 41 attempted shots.... and they were rewarded 5 combined free throws between Rose and melo....

Melo had 2 FTs (he shot a technical FT b/c OKC had 6 men on the court and he shot another FT bc he was fouled 1 time when he made a 3).... that was it for Melo....

Rose was awarded 3 free throws.... but 2 of them came when there were 11 seconds left in the game, with NYK down by about 15. I'm not even sure when the 3rd FT came? An and-1 perhaps?

Think about that!

Our 2 stars take 40 shots during the course of the game and drew 1 or 2 whistles!!!! Crazy.

Grant took 8 free throws on 3 shots! Westbrook had almost 10 FTs
    in the first quarter.... and, of course,
    OKC Kept getting FTs when game was hanging in the balance midway through the 4th.

And it wasn't as if all Melo and Rose did was shoot 3s.... Rose was penetrating all game... he never got a call. He attempted how many shots at the rim? Whomodten qaa he driving in the paint?

after Melo lit up OKC in the first, Robeson was basically standing on melo's shows all night... they never called a foul on him.... Actually, instead, they called melo for an offensive foul. Robeson ended up with just 3 fouls.

That was a pathetic joke.

Look, Westbrook is awesome. I'll never forgive Walsh or Dantoni for running Duhon, Harrington, Hughes and those vets out there so we could win 26 game.... instead of tanking and ending up with Westbrook and Curry....

The Knicks offense went stagnant and too much iso-me-I-shoot-it ball....

But Rose and Melo both should've had about 8-10 free throws each tonight. Guarantee it's a different game if they were able to get some free points at the charity stripe.

Refs didn't cost NYK the game, but I have personally never seen 2 stars combine for 41 shots.... Playing aggressively.... and taking ball into the paint.... and not get more than 2 Combined whistles in 48 minutes. Never in 40 years.

Anyway, thank you refs for helping NY's lottery odds. Watching Tatum tonight light up Virginia has me dreaming of Tatum-KP SF/PF duo....

And, we can only hope lots of bonding going on at all star game.... lots of recurring.... IT and Horford and Lebron.... all get some quality time to recruit Melo.
    Last edited by mafra; Feb 16, 2017 at 01:36.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by and1 View Post
    LMAO at no point did i even suspect that the knicks MIGHT win this game, even when they had a... what? 17 point lead and actually playing some decent defense? nah.
    then again, i did think the same thing during the spurs game too. but i guess you can't lose them all.
    that's what it's come down to. i'm watching knicks more as a comedy act than anything else. comedy entertainment.
    i did like all the shot blocks though. they collected a bunch of those. i lost count after like 8.
    other than the aforementioned shot blocking, KP was pretty dreadful. folks, this is not the guy you want to build around. he's one of the guys you get to build around someone else. who that person is going to be, we shall see. i've seen people compare him to AD. if i remember correctly, and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong - sometimes my memory is a little selective - AD was never really hesitant to attack the basket and go in strong. KP does not do that. and i don't think that's going to change much. i still like the kid, don't get me wrong. but i don't think he's our centerpiece. what they need to do with him is get him to roll to the basket more often off the ball, and i mean ALOT more often. THAT works. but i'm getting the feeling they're not going to do much of that. maybe because i'm a jaded knicks fan.
    but listen, as bad as things are right now, just remember: we are not the brooklyn nets hahahaaaa. we actually own our first round pick, and maybe just maybe we'll land in the top 4 again.
    We had this discussion before and1. He's got to get bigger and stronger for him to play in the post. AD came into the league at 220 and now weighs 253 with 10% body fat due to off-season strength training where he has developed his overall body strength esp his core strength. I'm not sure what the Knicks approach with KP is going to be but I don't think they emphasize the kind of conditioning and strength training that AD went through otherwise we would have heard about it. The Knicks also haven't emphasized it in his game, they seem to have the attitude that we'll let him develop his game on his own and not set a direction for him. When Kenny Atkinson was here as player development coach, you would see the YouTube videos of his workouts with JLin in working on his development, have you ever seen KP get any specialized treatment on YouTube from Knicks coaches, the Knicks need to bring in someone to make him a dedicated project if they want him to develop into a franchise player ASAP.

Veteran

KP is re-incarnation of keith van horn... a little taller, maybe a little more athletic, but at least now not as good a shooter as van horn, nor can he handle the ball as well..

as others have said... building around him... I'm not sold...

Veteran

OMG don't say Van Horn. I guess I watched the best part of the last night. oKC ends the half on 30-9 run. 30-9. Um um um. I won't watch the second half because it will just make me mad. You know you watch that first quarter and you think maybe this team just needs a tweak here and there. Nope. And don't feel sorry for a bum like CLEE. Horn made a big mistake sitting Melo at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Game changer. That was like a "Kobe we will rest you instead of letting get your 80. I'm figuring out Horn can't coach. Why sit hot player? Leave him in until he cools off. And the defense? Big part of that is coaching. There has to be consequences for not playing defense like watching the game from the BENCH.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    We had this discussion before and1. He's got to get bigger and stronger for him to play in the post. AD came into the league at 220 and now weighs 253 with 10% body fat due to off-season strength training where he has developed his overall body strength esp his core strength. I'm not sure what the Knicks approach with KP is going to be but I don't think they emphasize the kind of conditioning and strength training that AD went through otherwise we would have heard about it. The Knicks also haven't emphasized it in his game, they seem to have the attitude that we'll let him develop his game on his own and not set a direction for him. When Kenny Atkinson was here as player development coach, you would see the YouTube videos of his workouts with JLin in working on his development, have you ever seen KP get any specialized treatment on YouTube from Knicks coaches, the Knicks need to bring in someone to make him a dedicated project if they want him to develop into a franchise player ASAP.
    KP has yet to perform on the same level as AD performance in college at Kentucky.
    Anthony Davis NBA rookie season IQ and athletic skills are something KP hasnt reach yet during 2nd season in the NBA.
    You can not compare KP to the dynamics of Anthony Davis .......

12th man

Last night the Knicks had the poorest defensive performance in the 2nd half of the game from the lineup Rose/Lee/Melo/KP/Willie .. OKC Westbrook embarrassed Rose/Melo/KP several times with Westbrook isolation scoring for 38 pts, and team-ball moves handing out 12 ast, 14 rebounds, and 3 steals taking control of the 2nd half tempo for a OKC easy win. There's no justification for the Knicks sloppy starters last night other than they were awful in the 2nd half of the game.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Last night the Knicks had the poorest defensive performance in the 2nd half of the game from the lineup Rose/Lee/Melo/KP/Willie ...
    our lineup consists of guys that have peaked, and r on the downside of their career's... rose/lee/Me-Lo's best days are in the rear view mirror... tough to compete on a nitely basis when 3/5's of your lineup are old... you could put wilt on the team, results would be about the same, tho there would be a lot more cute female hinnies in the locker room....

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    our lineup consists of guys that have peaked, and r on the downside of their career's... rose/lee/Me-Lo's best days are in the rear view mirror... tough to compete on a nitely basis when 3/5's of your lineup are old... you could put wilt on the team, results would be about the same, tho there would be a lot more cute female hinnies in the locker room....
    Rose/Melo/KP didnt put any effort on DEFENSE for 35 minutes of last night game resulting in another Knicks loss .. the Knicks loss 22 of their last 28 games .. the 3 players mention above lead the team in the most minutes played .... in the 2nd quarter of the OKC game the Knicks had a 12 pt lead with 4 min remaining b4 halftime and loss the lead to OKC in 3 minutes. SMH

Veteran

With this loss, we are now tied for the 8th worst record in the NBA. This team is so bad, we might be able to lose out enough to pass anyone in the loss column except of course for Brooklyn.

Watch this stupid team go on a winning streak after the All-Star break though. It's exactly what these idiots would do