Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder 9:30 pm 2/15/2017 [Game#56]

paris401

Starter
KP is re-incarnation of keith van horn... a little taller, maybe a little more athletic, but at least now not as good a shooter as van horn, nor can he handle the ball as well..

as others have said... building around him... I'm not sold...

jimkcchief88

All Star
OMG don't say Van Horn. I guess I watched the best part of the last night. oKC ends the half on 30-9 run. 30-9. Um um um. I won't watch the second half because it will just make me mad. You know you watch that first quarter and you think maybe this team just needs a tweak here and there. Nope. And don't feel sorry for a bum like CLEE. Horn made a big mistake sitting Melo at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Game changer. That was like a "Kobe we will rest you instead of letting get your 80. I'm figuring out Horn can't coach. Why sit hot player? Leave him in until he cools off. And the defense? Big part of that is coaching. There has to be consequences for not playing defense like watching the game from the BENCH.

Kiyaman

Legend
We had this discussion before and1. He's got to get bigger and stronger for him to play in the post. AD came into the league at 220 and now weighs 253 with 10% body fat due to off-season strength training where he has developed his overall body strength esp his core strength. I'm not sure what the Knicks approach with KP is going to be but I don't think they emphasize the kind of conditioning and strength training that AD went through otherwise we would have heard about it. The Knicks also haven't emphasized it in his game, they seem to have the attitude that we'll let him develop his game on his own and not set a direction for him. When Kenny Atkinson was here as player development coach, you would see the YouTube videos of his workouts with JLin in working on his development, have you ever seen KP get any specialized treatment on YouTube from Knicks coaches, the Knicks need to bring in someone to make him a dedicated project if they want him to develop into a franchise player ASAP.

KP has yet to perform on the same level as AD performance in college at Kentucky.
Anthony Davis NBA rookie season IQ and athletic skills are something KP hasnt reach yet during 2nd season in the NBA.
You can not compare KP to the dynamics of Anthony Davis .......

Kiyaman

Legend
Last night the Knicks had the poorest defensive performance in the 2nd half of the game from the lineup Rose/Lee/Melo/KP/Willie .. OKC Westbrook embarrassed Rose/Melo/KP several times with Westbrook isolation scoring for 38 pts, and team-ball moves handing out 12 ast, 14 rebounds, and 3 steals taking control of the 2nd half tempo for a OKC easy win. There's no justification for the Knicks sloppy starters last night other than they were awful in the 2nd half of the game.

paris401

Starter
Last night the Knicks had the poorest defensive performance in the 2nd half of the game from the lineup Rose/Lee/Melo/KP/Willie ...

our lineup consists of guys that have peaked, and r on the downside of their career's... rose/lee/Me-Lo's best days are in the rear view mirror... tough to compete on a nitely basis when 3/5's of your lineup are old... you could put wilt on the team, results would be about the same, tho there would be a lot more cute female hinnies in the locker room....

Kiyaman

Legend
our lineup consists of guys that have peaked, and r on the downside of their career's... rose/lee/Me-Lo's best days are in the rear view mirror... tough to compete on a nitely basis when 3/5's of your lineup are old... you could put wilt on the team, results would be about the same, tho there would be a lot more cute female hinnies in the locker room....

Rose/Melo/KP didnt put any effort on DEFENSE for 35 minutes of last night game resulting in another Knicks loss .. the Knicks loss 22 of their last 28 games .. the 3 players mention above lead the team in the most minutes played .... in the 2nd quarter of the OKC game the Knicks had a 12 pt lead with 4 min remaining b4 halftime and loss the lead to OKC in 3 minutes. SMH

With this loss, we are now tied for the 8th worst record in the NBA. This team is so bad, we might be able to lose out enough to pass anyone in the loss column except of course for Brooklyn.

Watch this stupid team go on a winning streak after the All-Star break though. It's exactly what these idiots would do