Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Kristaps Porzingis the 6th best player under 25?

ESPN came out with their list of the 50 best players under 25 and to my surprise they ranked KP at 6 despite a terrible Jan and his foul troubles which have kept him off the floor and from contributing. I love the kid and obviously he's the best young player right now to build the team around but has he really performed well enough yet to call him better than Wiggins, Turner, Jokic, Adams, Kanter or even Beal.

He does remind me of Anthony Davis when he came into the league, skinny kid that needed to develop upper and lower body strength which is what the Brow did in off-season strength training and it's paid off because he is ESPN's top player under 25. Hubie Brown also said during the Spurs game that KP should work on his upper and lower body strength and post game this summer and I hope the Knicks coaches do their job and coach him instead of letting him fine tune his dribbling like he did this past summer. KP should talk to the Brow about what he did in his off-season training program during All-Star weekend, he might pick up a few things from AD.

ESPN hasn't published the top 5 players yet but here is a glimpse of the 5 guys under 25 above KP. I did mention in a post that I thought the Greek Freak had the potential to be the best player in the game and his rank at number 2 confirms my opinion about him. Joel Embiid I also posted about being the best big man for ROY this year but to rank the guy at 5 with his injury problems in a body of work of 1/2 season playing limited minutes is a stretch for me. I love his game like KP but he's had trouble staying on the floor.

1. Anthony Davis
    2. Giannis Antetokounmpo
    3. Kyrie Irving
    4. KAT
    5. Joel Embiid

I thought Melo would replace Love at the ASG but I see he's going to take the time off instead. The Knicks need to be repped by somebody and why not by KP6, that would an awesome experience for the young man to be in the Rising Stars game and the ASG.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Feb 15, 2017 at 16:30.

KP played through some injuries and is floundering in a dysfunctional environment, wedged between 2 high volume
    Shooters pursuing their own self-interest. Rose wants another contract and Melo trying to show up PHIL and all the doubters....

KP has a new coach and new teammates. And, yeah, he is a work in progress.

I think he's in the top 10 for sure.... right now that is.... I think his work ethic and will to be great will help.... but he has to put in the work and continually improve.... and he needs to stay healthy.

LIke you said, the Process is a special talent, but if he can't stay on the floor.... he's not that great.

As for the Greek freak... let's see what he does now that Parker is out until 2018-2019 season.

Hard to fathom that Irving is still under 25! And, man, I wish we had KAT.

Veteran

Wait, is Melo not taking Love's offered All-Star spot an actual thing? I know he said that he would rather KP get it, but now that he was offered it, I thought he was just going to take it.

Originally Posted by htr10
    Wait, is Melo not taking Love's offered All-Star spot an actual thing? I know he said that he would rather KP get it, but now that he was offered it, I thought he was just going to take it.
    htr10 Silver selected him after I wrote this. He initially wanted to take the time off but when Silver selected him he changed his mind.

Veteran

Beal .. Whiteside .. Morris has been playing off the chart since last season and shouldve been Love replacement in the ALL-Star game .....

KP is having another mid-season crisis of consistent poor performance .. KP has made no improvement, while several 2016-17 rookies performance has by passed KP low IQ performance

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Beal .. Whiteside .. Morris has been playing off the chart since last season and shouldve been Love replacement in the ALL-Star game .....

KP is having another mid-season crisis of consistent poor performance .. KP has made no improvement, while several 2016-17 rookies performance has by passed KP low IQ performance
    Sad but true the kid looked lost in the okc game. I read he wasn't feeling well vomiting during the day, hes got to play better after the ASG if the Knicks are going to turn this around. Might even be worth not tanking if KP can snap out of this slump and prove hes what ESPN says he is.

Wiggins 2 40 pt games in 24 hrs. 15 consecutive 20 pt. games and Porzingis is better than him????

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Wiggins 2 40 pt games in 24 hrs. 15 consecutive 20 pt. games and Porzingis is better than him????
    Towns, Wiggins, and Porzingis are all in the same boat, putting up stats on bad losing teams. Never sure how excited to get about guys when their success doesn't translate to wins.

Veteran

Originally Posted by htr10
    Towns, Wiggins, and Porzingis are all in the same boat, putting up stats on bad losing teams. Never sure how excited to get about guys when their success doesn't translate to wins.

Towns & Wiggins has a high IQ plus their athletic talent surpass KP by a mile, the two Wolves players are great the first 3 quarters of the game, what the young Wolves team are lacking are the veteran leadership to close-out games in the 4th quarter.
    If Towns/Wiggins/and Lavine had veterans Jennings/Quinn/and Noah in their 4th quarter rotation they would be above .500 team.

KP biggest problem happen to be ISO-Melo control over the team offense/defense and tempo of the game.
    Plus PG-Derrick Rose handing-out only 5 assist per game in 33 minute of playing-time has not improve KP out-look on the offensive-end as a scorer.
    Coach Jeff Horn has prove to be in the same coaching class as coach Derrick Fisher when it comes to putting players on the same-page to have a solid lineup on the court playing team-ball. The Knicks are still one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Veteran

#kporzee Represented

Veteran

Winning Round!!!

Originally Posted by Broadway
    #kporzee Represented

Not a bad game in the Rising Stars, scoring 24 pts, not as dominant as I would have liked l thought others were better.

Had a near perfect run against Hayward, nailing his 3 on the 1st try which he didn't do against Cuz but Cuz couldn't make his 3. lol about Reggie, this is the best thing that's happened to the Knicks.

Good weekend KP.... now let's hope for a great week (trade deadline 2-23)....

Winners interview, I hope this doesn't go to his head and he emphasizes his big man skills in his game rather than thinking he can be a 7ft PG.

Last edited by tiger0330; Feb 19, 2017 at 01:31.

Veteran

KP plays how he plays. He's never going to turn into a physical big man who camps out under the hoop. That's why it makes so much sense for him to be paired with guys who are going to do that and not a guy who plays Iso 18 feet from the hoop