Once Melo is gone

Playa2

Benchwarmer
The Knicks Brass should hire David Blatt as head coach.

With all the Euro's playing on the knicks roster these days what other coach can get the team to play winning team basketball like David Blatt did in Europe winning multiple Championships.

You ever notice how Brandon Jennings plays so well with his Euro teammates, the kid was taught how to play the right way straight out of Highschool when he went overseas to play professionally.

Last edited:
Melo is never leaving. When his current contract expires, we will inexplicably resign him. When he retires, Dolan will hire him as our defensive coach to replace Rambis. Melo is with us forever.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Melo is never leaving. When his current contract expires, we will inexplicably resign him. When he retires, Dolan will hire him as our defensive coach to replace Rambis. Melo is with us forever.

Melo is not Allan Houston, when his contract is up with the Knicks, he will retire from the NBA and go play in the 3 on 3 (Ice Cube league) teaming up with Allen Iverson and Kenyon Martin so he can win another trophy or medal again.:thumbsup:

Kiyaman

Legend
Once Melo is gone the Knicks first move should be hiring Mark Jackson as head-coach/asst GM on getting n keeping the type of coaches/players needed to build a winning same-page team .. Mark Jackson creative-coaching built the foundation of the championship GS Warriors.
Our ex-Knick players like Mark Jackson, Oakley, Ewing, and Starks had some great head coaches as players and should be given a chance to be on the Knicks coaching-staff because of their experience of being on a winning Knicks organization in the Big-Apple New York.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Once Melo is gone the Knicks first move should be hiring Mark Jackson as head-coach/asst GM on getting n keeping the type of coaches/players needed to build a winning same-page team .. Mark Jackson creative-coaching built the foundation of the championship GS Warriors.

Mark didn't coach Euro's out in Golden State, so at least have Blatt as an assistant coach.

Knicks look like they want to have a team like the 70's, which focused on ball movement and good shooters with guys that LOVE and respect the game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Mark didn't coach Euro's out in Golden State, so at least have Blatt as an assistant coach.
Knicks look like they want to have a team like the 70's, which focused on ball movement and good shooters with guys that LOVE and respect the game.

Not to be rude .. we have a few young Euro-players on the roster, Blatt Euro credential are only good to be one of the developing coaches on a NBA coaching-staff.
The Knicks need a hard-core head-coach that first priority will be coaching the BASICS of several NBA defensive plays into a two-unit rotation. The Knicks has been performing at a college level zone defense receiving 1 win out of every 3 games for the past decade.
The Knicks offensive scoring are the ingredients of a LOSER Team from putting not 1 but three isolation ball stopper starters in lineups on the court, and all 3 starters are clueless of what to do on the defensive-end of the court. Having Iso-Melo, Iso-Rose, and Iso-KP in the rotation .. the 3 starters average a total of 7 assist plus each of the 3 starters receive over 30 minute playing-time a night .. LOSERS!
And all the Knicks defensive centers in the Melo era each had problems/complaints about the team defensive performance .. from Noah, Lopez, Dampier, Chandler. If Noah had some help on the defensive-end from teammates Melo n KP, I believe Noah wouldn't have missed so many games plus would be playing more than 20 minute per game.

1) The Knicks first priority to become a winning team are get ISO-Melo off the Knicks ASAP!
2) Do not resign Rose!
3) Fire Rambis, and get KP a personal big-man training coach to become effective in the paint.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
not to be rude .. We have a few young euro-players on the roster, blatt euro credential are only good to be one of the developing coaches on a nba coaching-staff.
The knicks need a hard-core head-coach that first priority will be coaching the basics of several nba defensive plays into a two-unit rotation. The knicks has been performing at a college level zone defense receiving 1 win out of every 3 games for the past decade.
The knicks offensive scoring are the ingredients of a loser team from putting not 1 but three isolation ball stopper starters in lineups on the court, and all 3 starters are clueless of what to do on the defensive-end of the court. Having iso-melo, iso-rose, and iso-kp in the rotation .. The 3 starters average a total of 7 assist plus each of the 3 starters receive over 30 minute playing-time a night .. Losers!
And all the knicks defensive centers in the melo era each had problems/complaints about the team defensive performance .. From noah, lopez, dampier, chandler. If noah had some help on the defensive-end from teammates melo n kp, i believe noah wouldn't have missed so many games plus would be playing more than 20 minute per game.

1) the knicks first priority to become a winning team are get iso-melo off the knicks asap!
2) do not resign rose!
3) fire rambis, and get kp a personal big-man training coach to become effective in the paint.

point well taken ^

Playa2

Benchwarmer
Personally I don't think superstars want to play with Melo, he's just a friend of theirs.

Melo doesn't know what winning basketball is like in the NBA, I don't think he cares and that is the problem with the NTC.

His fellow NBA ballers know he's just playing for the money in NY, he doesn't mind playing losing basketball in NY.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
He would come off the bench on a GOOD TEAM and have the green light to play iso ball, but not with the starters

there were presumably '3' teams with interest..cavs,boston,paperclips... still awaiting without the NTC what other teams would be there for his services... what 'GOOD' teams... the spurs,golden state,Houston...who???

Kiyaman

Legend
During 2010, I recall the Melo-Trade fiasco when Denver Nuggets tried to trade just Melo to a team from November to February, and couldnt find one team interested in trading for Melo after the Nets turned them down.
If DUM-DUM Dolan wouldnt have made the trade for Melo at the deadline, I believe Melo would still be in Denver today.

Playa2

Benchwarmer
During 2010, I recall the Melo-Trade fiasco when Denver Nuggets tried to trade just Melo to a team from November to February, and couldnt find one team interested in trading for Melo after the Nets turned them down.
If DUM-DUM Dolan wouldnt have made the trade for Melo at the deadline, I believe Melo would still be in Denver today.

This is why Carmelo Anthony asked for a NTC, he knew teams would send him to SIBERIA because of his style of play and how it ruins team chemistry.

paris401

Starter
This is why Carmelo Anthony asked for a NTC, he knew teams would send him to SIBERIA because of his style of play and how it ruins team chemistry.

can someone explain to be why does it matter if he has this NTC or not... out of the 30teams in the nba, there were '3' who 'supposely' had an interest in his services... if he didn't have the clause, would the kings, or milw, or phila or any other ****ty team want him... guys keep mentioning this clause , and I don't see where it means a rat's ass... but maybe I am wrong...

Playa2

Benchwarmer
can someone explain to be why does it matter if he has this NTC or not... out of the 30teams in the nba, there were '3' who 'supposely' had an interest in his services... if he didn't have the clause, would the kings, or milw, or phila or any other ****ty team want him... guys keep mentioning this clause , and I don't see where it means a rat's ass... but maybe I am wrong...

Those same sorry teams would have traded for him , the same reason why we did.......but not for that much !

Phil would have traded him for 1st rd picks and a serviceable player by now.

paris401

Starter
Those same sorry teams would have traded for him , the same reason why we did.......but not for that much !
Phil would have traded him for 1st rd picks and a serviceable player by now.

according to various sources, we were the only team 5 years ago willing to trade for him.... BUT... we ain's talking 5 years ago, we are talking today... what $hitty team would trade for him if there was no NTC????... there are 30 teams in the nba and it seems there were '3' teams who had a mild interest in him... so besides the cavs,paperclips,boston, who else would be knocking our door down for his services... my take is a $hitty team is $hitty with or without him, espec at 24m per...

so if there was NTC... what sorry teams 'today' would be getting off at 33rd and 7th to trade for him...

We weren't the only team looking to trade for Melo in Denver. The Nets were all over him. That's a big part of what made Dolan nervous. He didn't want Prokhorov to beat him to Melo

paris401

Starter
We weren't the only team looking to trade for Melo in Denver. The Nets were all over him. That's a big part of what made Dolan nervous. He didn't want Prokhorov to beat him to Melo[/QUO

fair enough.... would the nets be interested in trading for him today???... I think not... what about the kings,bucks,pistons,wolves??? I think not... the market for his services is so slim, that the NTC means zip... cause he won't go to a $hitty team , why should he, he's on one now, and the $hitty teams don't want him anyway... he has little...very little value... he's worth a bag of chips... and a small soda....